Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We need to shut up shop.

+6
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1We need to shut up shop. Empty We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't be going two nil up and losing to a shit home team like Charlton.

We need to be dog eat dog at the back, we caved in today and you can't blame a red card or two.

This needs to be sorted out, and quick.

Why cant we shut up shop ? Should DF put 5 at the back or put an extra midfielder to support the defence when we go two up next time.

We pushed the self destruct button today.

2We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next round of fixtures

Barnsley v Leicester
Burnley v forest
Brighton v charlton
Bolton v Huddersfield

Hope for those 3 to slip up and win ours, we'll be three pints behind going into wolves at home and Brighton play Leicester on the same day..

This isn't over yet.

3We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mods need to move this to the other section.

Honestly i just don't think we have the football IQ in our back line to ever shut up shop. We've seen it time and time again. Dawson (it appears) has added a great deal to us but with the same culprits making individual errors what can you do.

I suppose you could say Dougie could have brought in 4/5 new defenders but realistically, difficult to do.

4We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bus is asking for a win, when your two nil up realistically difficult to do ?

5We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't comment to be honest.

a lot of people are saying the pen and ricketts sending off were suspect.

but we've seen plenty of individual errors this season that have cost us lots and lots of points.

we'd probably be top but for all the times we've thrown away leads.

6We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
we'd probably be top but for all the times we've thrown away leads.

We'd be comfortably top :/

7We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 18:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm gutted, but at least we play on Tuesday instead of Saturday.

COYWM, ps we could of done with a SKD or a Holden today being two up, what do you reckon ?

8We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ricketts had not made it to the dressing room before those two goals went in ....10 or 9 men made no diference. We coundn't come back of course but the game was already lost.

9We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 09:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By far the biggest problem this team has is a complete lack of leadership on the pitch.

When we're 2-1 up but under pressure there's no one to bollock the shit bastards, rally the troops, kick some backsides - whatever you want to call it we don't have anyone to do it.

The manager shouldn't have to "shut up shop" every time we go in front, the players on the pitch should take some fucking responsibility.

Most important thing this Summer is to sign a leader.

10We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 11:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree, should have begged Reo-Coker to come back.

11We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 11:13

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The problem is that Freedman wants them to shut up shop

Don't be content to win 1-0 or 2-0, it's too risky

We don't learn the lessons

12We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 12:04

Natasha Whittam wrote:By far the biggest problem this team has is a complete lack of leadership on the pitch.

When we're 2-1 up but under pressure there's no one to bollock the shit bastards, rally the troops, kick some backsides - whatever you want to call it we don't have anyone to do it.

The manager shouldn't have to "shut up shop" every time we go in front, the players on the pitch should take some fucking responsibility.

Agree with every word of this.

13We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 12:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but under coyle everyone used to moan he was too gung ho when we got a lead and should be "shutting up shop"

now when we look to defend leads from the back we should be more gung ho.

Yeah I'm sure there's a balance in there somewhere but still..

It appears individual mistakes have cost us more than anything this season.

14We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 12:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:By far the biggest problem this team has is a complete lack of leadership on the pitch.

I couldn't agree more but we seem to have the same conversation every summer, the closest we have got to a leader in recent years to a leader is NRC and he pissed off.

You would hope with SKD leaving in the summer, Dougie goes out and finds a new captain and a leader to match.

15We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 14:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You have to laugh how many times REO is mentioned now as a leader .....I think it's finally sinking in that we have not replaced that quality. The daft just were all mad that he pissed off..... theorize how many points we might have today with him back.....
By the way SKD is supposed to be the ass kicking captain.....

16We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 14:40

Is reo better than medo? I haven't seen him play properly yet so what do those who have think? I thought they were similar sorts of players

17We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 18:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Is reo better than medo? I haven't seen him play properly yet so what do those who have think? I thought they were similar sorts of players

I think Medo is a potentially very classy player.

For the running he would do, I thought Reo-coker generally got little useful work done. Medo has been very involved in a lot of good work from us so far.

18We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 20:01

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Is reo better than medo? I haven't seen him play properly yet so what do those who have think? I thought they were similar sorts of players

I think Medo is a potentially very classy player.

For the running he would do, I thought Reo-coker generally got little useful work done. Medo has been very involved in a lot of good work from us so far.

Cheers Doff sounds good, I agree with you about NRC ran and shouted a lot but little else he'd have been a shit captain.

19We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Sun Mar 31 2013, 23:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well go on then pin the tail on the donkey?

20We need to shut up shop. Empty Re: We need to shut up shop. Mon Apr 01 2013, 00:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The discussion is about who would make a good captain not who is the better player...Reo was the captain for a few game wasn't he? All I know is we had some fight left in us when he was around...now we don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum