Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things i really dislike or downright hate.

+24
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
rammywhite
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Angry Dad
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A friend of mine posted this on our military forum, and I thought it worth passing on.

Just listened to an interview with Meghan Markle's father following the interview with Oprah Winfrey and as always I have found him to be articulate, measured and a father who bears no malice to a daughter who has treated him badly and virtually disowned him. Typically comments made by the couple have been blown out of all proportion, but he pointed out the comments insinuated were dumb, not necessarily racist, that Harry if he was concerned about his wife's mental health should have taken robust action especially as they headed up with William a mental health awareness forum. I find it rather sad that two families have been vilified and that a schism has been allowed that will potentially never be healed given the interview that I decided not to watch as I feel it was a glorified Jeremy Kyle show with very few of the facts being explored in detail in search for a worldwide scoop. Now to get back to worrying about COVID.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Her father will take the chance to make himself a few bob. I'd love to see the Royals on Kyle. 
The Harry/Meg interview was a bit better than the Andrew lie fest, but the whole thing is laughable.
Long live the Republic.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Race card, mental health card, do as I say or I might top myself card, the Prince of Silly or annoying people picked a good 'un there.
I was going to say something, but I've decided to bite my tongue. I've got things to do.

Fwiw - and as I often try to point out - we've only heard one side of the story - and you can't take that to be the true one - whoever tells it.

Until we hear the otherside of the story then that is all it is - just a 'story' - it might be even how those who are telling it 'perceive' it to be - but it doesn't mean it is so, or they've got the 'right' end of the stick about something or other.

Here's just another 'story' for example...

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 9 D2543f569b8a372e29452adc72ceab50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A JOKE before anyone get's their knickers in a twist about it!

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 9 ?m=aW1hZ2UvcG5nLDYxNSw2Mjksy8DP1OOqWWgxoL1%2BK7QUjfK5DGQQmtAHGQmTda91wDs=

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Fwiw - and as I often try to point out - we've only heard one side of the story - and you can't take that to be the true one - whoever tells it.

Until we hear the otherside of the story then that is all it is - just a 'story' - it might be even how those who are telling it 'perceive' it to be - but it doesn't mean it is so, or they've got the 'right' end of the stick about something or other.

Here's just another 'story' for example...

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 9 D2543f569b8a372e29452adc72ceab50
Do you really think this is just a story, Sluffy?

I don't. I think its the Prince of Silly or annoying people and the Princess of Pushy, in alliance with money grabbing media magnates, sinking to depths that only the biggest Silly or annoying people and most self-indulgent of horror wives would ever contemplate

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Btw Sluffy, Boncey, has taken to altering my posts to amuse his nearly sane intellect

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Btw Sluffy, Boncey, has taken to altering my posts to amuse his nearly sane intellect
I most certainly have not. Although I was tempted to translate some of them into English. Razz

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I most certainly have not. Although I was tempted to translate some of them into English. Razz
Not you Boncey? We must have a public inquiry into this.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Only Meghan and Harry 100% know what the truth is.

What I am disgusted by is the treatment they have received from The Mail and Morgan, which, as Glos says, has been bordering on hysteria....sheer vindictive speculation (made worse in The Mail's case, due to their losing the court case that Meghan brought against them). 
The nasty speculation is based on zero knowledge of the facts.....and not just recently, but almost from the start of the relationship.

I see Morgan has already begun to backtrack and the Mail has claimed innocence.....and then published 25 pages that served only to condemn themselves!

It will be interesting to hear the royal family's version of events.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Do you really think this is just a story, Sluffy?

I don't. I think its the Prince of Silly or annoying people and the Princess of Pushy, in alliance with money grabbing media magnates, sinking to depths that only the biggest Silly or annoying people and most self-indulgent of horror wives would ever contemplate

Personally I think it is all utterly pathetic.

We have someone who is only famous and wealthy through accident of birth.

Whether he liked it or not he was born into a bubble that had its pros and cons and he could have stepped back from it in a grown up and dignified way if he didn't like it and still lived a life most of us could never dream of - and all of it ultimately funded by us the taxpayers.

I also have seen the race and mental health cards used by frequently - and often as an excuse from someone who hadn't got 'their way' in the first place.

I've never understood the 'cult' of celebrity and why so many people 'follow' it/them so avidly - it adds absolutely nothing to my life, I mean who actually cares about a 'domestic' between a 'minor' royal and his actress wife and a disfunctional family who happen to be a constitutional monarchy?

Racism DOES exist, so too mental health issues but does anyone really believe the 'story' of Harry and Megan revolves around those issues or does it really revolve about them wanting to 'step away' from the royal family and the obligations in entails whilst still expecting to the wealth and patronage that came with it?

I think they expected to walk away and 'trade' on their 'name' and live wealthly and happily ever after and got the shock of their lives when they realised that they had to hand back their titles and priverledges and pay for themselves from now on!

Does anyone think they would have done Oprah and speak about the alleged racism within the 'firm' if the royal family were still funding their lives now they moved to America???

I certainly don't.

Seems it's only worth reporting alleged racism when it's in their financial interests to do so - otherwise what had they done about it sooner???

Apparently nothing at all!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Btw Sluffy, Boncey, has taken to altering my posts to amuse his nearly sane intellect

Ah, apologies to both of you.

It seems that one of the other Admins had 'censored' the words 'twerp' and 'twerps' to read instead 'Silly or annoying people' everytime those words are typed.

I've had to change it back to how it was in order that I could post this explanation.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of things over a word but maybe it is time to move on from using 'twerps' from now on as clearly it is causing unnecessary annoyance to others.

Many thanks for your cooperation with this.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was listening to a former head of Palace security who responded to their claim that they (and baby Archie awwwww) were not given a security team as others royals have - with the implication that the firm were intentionally putting their baby at risk.
Guy pointed out that they had a security team in the UK and in Canada but when they quit the firm and moved to the States it was withdrawn.
Basically because they had packed their jobs in and were no longer representing the Queen. He made the point about having foreign aka British armed guards is only allowed by the US for diplomats and representatives of the Queen - so as they had packed in their jobs it wasn't legally possible anymore and moreover it had been their decision to forego that privilege.
A bit like telling your boss where to stick his job but still expecting to use the company car.

The thing that winds me up most about these morons is that they claim that they wanted out because of the pressure of media attention and having to make public appearances. Kinda conflicts with the idea of setting up an attention-seeking worldwide broadcast interview with Oprah doesn't it?

As for the alleged racist comment, seems to me she was getting that in early to control the narrative, although it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a certain royal did come out with a proper racist comment. At least they seem to be waiting until he comes out of hospital before naming the old goat Smile

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not media coverage per se that they object to, but the vicious campaign against Meghan that began the day she set foot on British soil. 

Obviously Harry is permanently conscious of the fact that his mother was harassed and finally died, partly due to the influence of the paparazzi and would want to ensure that the same does not happen to his wife, as you would. 

Even if only half the things that they mention are true, that would still constitute more than adequate grounds for their actions which--notice-- are not accusatory but mere recounts of the things that have taken place. In fact, they have exonerated the Queen, refused to accuse any particular person of racism and talked in loving terms of their family. They are keen to reconcile where there have been tensions. 

They should have been left alone to get on with their lives, as should Diana, as should we all, including all the famous and not-so-famous people to whom the gutter press have been forced to make payments in settlement for lies and harassment.

The royal family bring in huge amounts of money to the UK via tourism. For their privileges, they understand they will be the subject of media coverage but that doesn't mean that they should be made targets for grosssly unfair vilification. There is a world of difference between publicity and constant sniping by the media that causes mental torment and distress.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Ah, apologies to both of you.

It seems that one of the other Admins had 'censored' the words 'twerp' and 'twerps' to read instead 'Silly or annoying people' everytime those words are typed.

I've had to change it back to how it was in order that I could post this explanation.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of things over a word but maybe it is time to move on from using 'twerps' now as clearly it is causing unnecessary annoyance to others.

Many thanks for your cooperation with this.
Great Scott! If they start swapping a word for 'slippers' , mayhem might ensue.

With possibly hilarious consequences. Which reminds me, I might one day tell you about my encounter with Kenneth Williams.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And now, just before 6pm today, the royal  family's response.....perfect, as you would expect from the Queen.

Wise, conciliatory and hitting all the right notes of understanding. love and concern.

It's the vicious media that is the villain here.....as it always is. Their influence is enormous, causing division and hatred, setting  the tone in a most objectionable way.....not just about this situation but also about politics, Brexit, sport, culture. Only two newspapers are neutral, the rest push their agendas relentlessly, and too often hatefully.

The wedding of Harry and Meghan could and should have been the catalyst for modernising the monarchy, making it relevant for this century, but a black actress was never accepted by the media from day one. The press made her life a misery, with consequent sadness and lost opportunity for a much wider world. 

I hope the private Royal inquiry is successful, but previous failed lessons from how Lady Di or Millie Dowler were treated don't give us much cause for optimism that real change can occur.

The recommendations of the Leveson Report must now be resurrected and implemented fully, with no scope for self-regulation any more. The media must be forced into adopting a set of priciples based on common decency and fairness. No longer can they hide behind the right to free speech when that right is constantly abused.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

.....and now, before 7pm, Morgan has "left" GMB after 41000 complaints to Ofcom and ITV. concerning his abuse of Meghan and his disregard for mental health issues.

Good riddance to a mere apology of a human being. May you not suffer from such problems as you have caused.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I liked watching Piers Morgan, liked the way he pressed the politicians for answers when they were avoiding answering the questions.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s a cock.

He never let's the person he is interviewing try to defend themselves by answering the question. It's just a barage of crap that comes out of his mouth to feed his big ego.

I do agree with the odd thing but thats's about it.

I'm surprised he had lasted so long on GMB TBH.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:He’s a cock.

He never let's the person he is interviewing try to defend themselves by answering the question. It's just a barage of crap that comes out of his mouth to feed his big ego.

I do agree with the odd thing but thats's about it.

I'm surprised he had lasted so long on GMB TBH.

I thought this was a very good explanation of things and well worth a read -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56341511

I don't follow celeb culture, Morgan, or social media but from what little I've read what Morgan said...

On Monday's programme, Morgan picked up on the duchess's claim that her request to senior Buckingham Palace officials for help was rejected, after she told Winfrey she had had suicidal thoughts.

"Who did you go to?" he said. "What did they say to you? I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report.

"The fact that she's fired up this onslaught against our Royal Family I think is contemptible."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56334082

...I agree with.

With their type of money they could have got the best help in the world and received it in the utmost secrecy too!

I'm not having it at all that they 'sought' help within the 'firm' and when they were told 'no' simply reluctantly 'accepted' it!

Doesn't make any sense does it???

She may have been ill and not thinking straight but her husband Harry, with at least £10m to his name at the time could have got her the help she needed if it was all genuine as is claimed.

Why didn't he then?

Sounds like complete bollocks to me - and if one part of their tale smells like bullshit then how much of the rest of it is too?

I'm not standing up for Morgan, he's big enough to do that for himself but I agree with him that her story just doesn't ring true.

If you are ill and money is no object - then you get help (or your love one does for you) - simple as that.

They didn't.

Why was that then...?

Funny how Oprah seemed not to ask that question either - I would have, seems an obvious one to ask to me.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

I thought this was a very good explanation of things and well worth a read -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56341511

I don't follow celeb culture, Morgan, or social media but from what little I've read what Morgan said...

On Monday's programme, Morgan picked up on the duchess's claim that her request to senior Buckingham Palace officials for help was rejected, after she told Winfrey she had had suicidal thoughts.

"Who did you go to?" he said. "What did they say to you? I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report.

"The fact that she's fired up this onslaught against our Royal Family I think is contemptible."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56334082

...I agree with.

With their type of money they could have got the best help in the world and received it in the utmost secrecy too!

I'm not having it at all that they only 'sought' help within the 'firm' and when they were told 'no' they simply reluctantly 'accepted' that as an end to the matter!

Doesn't make any sense does it???

She may have been ill and not thinking straight but her husband Harry, with at least £10m to his name at the time could have got her the help she needed if it was all genuine as is claimed.

Why didn't he then?

Sounds like complete bollocks to me - and if one part of their tale smells like bullshit then how much of the rest of it is too?

I'm not standing up for Morgan, he's big enough to do that for himself but I agree with him that her story just doesn't ring true.

If you are ill and money is no object - then you get help (or your love one does for you) - simple as that.

They didn't.

Why was that then...?

Funny how Oprah seemed not to ask that question either - I would have, seems an obvious one to ask to me.

Whatever anyone may think of Piers Morgan, there's summat wrong with Ms Markle and its not got much to do with the colour of her skin or her nationality.  I'm not supposed to use the T-word but there's no shortage of other words to describe what a pea-brain Harry is and its hard to see how his bell is going to ring anytime soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum