Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zat Knight - New Club Captain?

+12
terenceanne
Born to be a wanderer
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
WhiteBic
waynagain
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
SKDArmy
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 22:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

According to Muamba -

Muamba hopes that along with all the incoming players, the Wanderers boss can retain the top talent that took Wanderers to the fringes of the play-offs last term.

“I think we can be successful next season but we need to make sure we keep our top players, it’s as simple as that,” he said.

“I think Zat Knight has been outstanding this year, he’s the captain of the team now.

“There is Stuart (Holden) and Mark Davies due to come back into the team as well from last season. There have been some difficult injuries.

“We also need the strikers to be firing next season because I think that is going to be more crucial than ever.

“You look at the big teams coming down from the Premier League and they are going to have money to spend. It is going to be very interesting.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 22:55

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

This best be a bloody joke! He's worse than a donkey!

3Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 23:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think he just meant that zat knight had took over the duties in the absence on kev.

Can't see knight being a regular starter next season

4Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 23:03

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Definitely not especially if we get Dawson back and wheats gets some game time!

5Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 23:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't get the Zat Knight hatred. He's usually a very difficult defender to get the better of at this level. He's been a liability at times since signing but has been an integral part of the team at others. I think he'll start most games next season and I've no complaints about that.

6Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Fri May 24 2013, 23:16

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He and Bogdan are Freedman's two favourites. Don't think they are any good then it's the same as saying Freedman is no good.

7Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 00:39

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have slagged off Knight rotten in the past but you cannot ignore his performances in the last couple of months. Is it because of a good partner in Dawson? possibly, but he had some solid performances no question.

8Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 02:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Defensively he is a liability, always has been a penalty waiting to happen, going forward for a guy who stands at 6ft 7in how the fuck has he not scored from set pieces, simple he cannot read a game, which for a defender is going to fuck you up, Dawson was the mainstay, and before that Cahill/Ricketts got him out of the shit, look at his performances with Ream/ Mills utter shite, Knight is the one of many mistakes that cunt Coyle left us with, making him Captain next season will be like admitting defeat, and will cost us points, but I am guessing Dougie knows that.

9Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 08:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:He and Bogdan are Freedman's two favourites.

Very true. Those two players are Dougie's achilles heel. Lonergan was by far the best goalkeeper last season but he chose to bring back Bogdan.

Knight is rubbish, if he's still in the team next season we might as well start with -10 points as that's how many Knight will cost us.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sat May 25 2013, 11:55; edited 1 time in total

10Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 09:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Knight is fucking shit.

I'm really hoping he isn't here next season.

A new centre back to play next to Wheater is a must imo.

11Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 11:20

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we may see 3 centre backs, Wheater / Knight / Ricketts or Baptiste , with 2 wing backs.

12Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 13:34

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

My back four Tierney left back Wheater and Dawson(if anyway possible)CB's and Baptiste right back. Option 2 Tierney left back,Wheater,Baptise CB's.Ricketts right back.Knight had a few good games at the Reebok but on our travels he was pretty shit so was Ream they were a calamity waiting to happen when together.Only when Dawson came did our fortunes change showing that there was not that much wrong with the team but the Centre backs were our Achilles heel.Cant believe we paid £2.5 million for him.Too weak for the Championship,Mears giving regular pens away 2 v Leeds home and away.He should never play again ok attacking,but his defensive duties were poor.Surely Dougie can see Wheater,Baptiste would be a better option than Knight and Wheater ah well if Knight walks out on August 3rd we will have our answer.Still a long summer ahead yet.Was annoyed to see Dawson not start v Man U.If he had stayed with us till the end we might be in the play off final on Monday.It seemed to me the team reverted back to the pre Dawson era nervous about Knight and Ream even if it was physcological they were nervous ie 2-0 down before my coffee had gone cold.Although a season from the start with DF is one I'm looking forward too.

13Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 14:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:Defensively he is a liability, always has been a penalty waiting to happen, going forward for a guy who stands at 6ft 7in how the fuck has he not scored from set pieces, simple he cannot read a game, which for a defender is going to fuck you up, Dawson was the mainstay, and before that Cahill/Ricketts got him out of the shit, look at his performances with Ream/ Mills utter shite, Knight is the one of many mistakes that cunt Coyle left us with, making him Captain next season will be like admitting defeat, and will cost us points, but I am guessing Dougie knows that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No goal threat from corners etc....that's big for us IMO....because we need goals from all positions being as our forwards are not required to score.

14Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 19:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Knight has only looked half decent with Dawson alongside him in the Championship.

Whatever league we are in next season, this will be Knight's last one.

15Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sat May 25 2013, 20:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Knight has only looked half decent with Dawson alongside him in the Championship.

Whatever league we are in next season, this will be Knight's last one.

I agree that Knight has looked better playing along side Dawson, obviously Dawson tells him what to do.

Knight is a follower , not a leader imo.

But DF must see something I don't.

16Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sun May 26 2013, 14:44

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Knight will be a good bench player for me.....cover for whoever ends up being the regular center backs. Of course his salary might be an issue.

17Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sun May 26 2013, 18:30

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

He signed for 2 years last year on a much smaller wage than he was on.Any decent player takes the piss out of him.He slipped at Peterborough after 1 min that lead to the first goal.Then calamity capers n we were 2-0 down after 5 or 6 mins.Wheater is more like Dawson so I'd have him n Baptiste if Dawson does not get signed at centre halfs.

18Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sun May 26 2013, 18:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd sooner have Knight starting in front of Mills and Ream. It isn't that I rate Knight, but he's better than the other two, which is a worry.

19Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sun May 26 2013, 18:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baptiste and wheater will be our cb pair with tierney at lb.

We still need to buy a quality RB and a striker imo

20Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Empty Re: Zat Knight - New Club Captain? Sun May 26 2013, 18:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mills and Ream need to be off loaded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum