Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you bring back the death penalty ?

+9
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
aaron_bwfc
waynagain
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this really the kind of thing we want to associate ourselves with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19053442

basically just thugs, i would be ashamed to live to in a country that practiced that kind of shit.

I always find it funny people who are "outraged" by murder and then say "oh mate if i got hold of him i'd hack him up and stick a hot poker up his arse and torture him and kill his mum"

So you'd just be a murdering thug? Right ok. Rational.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd bring it back tomorrow.

There are too many people walking this planet that don't deserve to. Take this Mark Bridger bastard who killed April Jones - sentenced to life in prison. What's the point of paying for his upkeep (upwards of £500k in total) when he could be executed for a fraction of the price. Why even chance that one day someone will let him out of prison?

To the people who are against the death penalty, I'd like them to explain what should happen to those two animals who hacked Lee Rigby to death in the street, explain to me why they deserve to live.

Would you bring back the death penalty ? - Page 2 459784477The view of the vast majority in this country,except for handwringing pussies that is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is this really the kind of thing we want to associate ourselves with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19053442

basically just thugs, i would be ashamed to live to in a country that practiced that kind of shit.

I always find it funny people who are "outraged" by murder and then say "oh mate if i got hold of him i'd hack him up and stick a hot poker up his arse and torture him and kill his mum"

So you'd just be a murdering thug? Right ok. Rational.

That's a poor reason. African law is nothing like UK law. We wouldn't be stoning people to death for minor stuff.

A firing squad is the safest and most humane way of execution, as long as Magoo isn't holding the gun.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

There are too many people walking this planet that don't deserve to. Take this Mark Bridger bastard who killed April Jones - sentenced to life in prison. What's the point of paying for his upkeep (upwards of £500k in total) when he could be executed for a fraction of the price.

I wondered if that was true and according to what came up in google, it isn't (with American law anyway)-

'Kansas: “The study counted death penalty case costs through to execution and found that the median death penalty case costs $1.26 million. Non-death penalty cases were counted through to the end of incarceration and were found to have a median cost of $740,000. For death penalty cases, the pre-trial and trial level expenses were the most expensive part, 49% of the total cost. The investigation costs for death-sentence cases were about 3 times greater than for non-death cases. The trial costs for death cases were about 16 times greater than for non-death cases ($508,000 for death case; $32,000 for non-death case).” (. Kansas: Performance Audit Report: Costs Incurred for Death Penalty Cases: A K-GOAL Audit of the Department of Corrections)'

Washington State “At the trial level, death penalty cases are estimated to generate roughly $470,000 in additional costs to the prosecution and defense over the cost of trying the same case as an aggravated murder without the death penalty and costs of $47,000 to $70,000 for court personnel.” (Final Report of the Death Penalty Subcommittee of the Committee on Public Defense, Washington State Bar Association, December 2006,

North Carolina: The most comprehensive death penalty study in the country found that the death penalty costs North Carolina $2.16 million more per execution than the a non-death penalty murder case with a sentence of life imprisonment (http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/northcar…
links to ("The Costs of Processing Murder Cases in North Carolina" Duke University, May 1993)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's America, it's not even close to what goes on here.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Certain crimes, when proven 100% without any doubt, definitely deserve the death penalty.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

There are too many people walking this planet that don't deserve to. Take this Mark Bridger bastard who killed April Jones - sentenced to life in prison.

This Bastard deserves to be put in a cell to face April Jones parents .

What a low life coward.

Natasha Whittam wrote:That's America, it's not even close to what goes on here.

We don't have the death penalty so you can't really say that.

Think it's pretty safe to assume that if we did reintroduce it, we'd have as many levels of statute and bureaucracy governing it as they do in America, maybe more.

The government would make it clear we were only executing after giving the fairest possible trial, like in America inmates can be on death row for decades because they have to be given a certain amount of appeals - no matter how clear cut it is.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And how would it mesh with EU law?

Personally if somebody offered me a lethal injection or the rest of my life stuck in a category A prison, I think I'd take a lethal injection.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Personally if somebody offered me a lethal injection or the rest of my life stuck in a category A prison, I think I'd take a lethal injection.
I agree with you. I think the death penalty is an easy option for the offender.

I would like to see someone like that Mark Bridger be sent to prison, but have no protection from the other inmates. The same applies to those two extremists, that hacked that poor soldier to death.

They obviously wouldn't last very long, until they were beaten to death, by other inmates, but at least they would suffer, like their victims had to endure.

A lethal injection, would probably be painless IMO.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

lethal injection is like going for surgery and not waking up afterwards - and that happens all the time.

The death penalty should be hanging, electrocution, injection or firing squad and the families of the victims should get to chose which one.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd just throw them in a dark cell. No bed, tv or toilet. No contact with anyone. Bread and water pushed through a hatch once a day. And that's their life until they die.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'd just throw them in a dark cell. No bed, tv or toilet. No contact with anyone. Bread and water pushed through a hatch once a day. And that's their life until they die.

That's what they should do BDP, but instead they give him 3 big meals a day, radio, TV, Playstation, bed, read books, education, let them out on exercise , its a fucking joke.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I'd just throw them in a dark cell. No bed, tv or toilet. No contact with anyone. Bread and water pushed through a hatch once a day. And that's their life until they die.

Plus kick em in the nuts with hob nail boots twice a day

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tigermin wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd bring it back tomorrow.

There are too many people walking this planet that don't deserve to. Take this Mark Bridger bastard who killed April Jones - sentenced to life in prison. What's the point of paying for his upkeep (upwards of £500k in total) when he could be executed for a fraction of the price. Why even chance that one day someone will let him out of prison?

To the people who are against the death penalty, I'd like them to explain what should happen to those two animals who hacked Lee Rigby to death in the street, explain to me why they deserve to live.

Would you bring back the death penalty ? - Page 2 459784477The view of the vast majority in this country,except for handwringing pussies that is.
The vast majority?
This is just an assertion- where's the proof of this

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

exactly as it should be.

100% of their liberties taken away.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Definately ,the relatives should be given first go at killing the cunts anyway they deem fit, if they are physically or mentally weak in that dept then someone who is not should be brought in to do it while the family watch, yes I like that idea. A bit like jury duty. With this latest fucker I'd kneecap him first then shred him with a razor blade for an hour or so ,cut his eyelids off and pour salt in them and take a break to watch and listen to him. Then finish him off with a lump hammer working up to his head from his feet to compleatly flatten him.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is everyone who doesn't share your opinion "odd."

If so you must encounter a lot of odd people.

Not really, your too nice to be true, I find that somewhat odd! I wouldn't want you in a trench with me if that clarifies, you'd be dithering too much for my liking!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is everyone who doesn't share your opinion "odd."

If so you must encounter a lot of odd people.

Not really, your too nice to be true, I find that somewhat odd! I wouldn't want you in a trench with me if that clarifies, you'd be dithering too much for my liking!

If i had joined the army i'd do my job, just like the rest of the men and women who do it.

I come from a military family, so i have a lot of respect in that area.

suffice to say I don't see whats bad about being a nice person.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum