Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » SOUP

SOUP

+10
largehat
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Quent
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1SOUP Empty SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This could be the most exciting thread ever.

Peoples attitude to soup bugs me. There is nothing better than a good vegetable or minestrone soup - simple but delicious. In fact I love all the classics and they are often the highlight of a restaurant visit.

But just recently I've noticed a trend for restaurants to serve ridiculous soups, just to be different. Last night I was out with the missus and the soup of the day was orange and cabbage. It tasted as bad as it sounds.

I'm thinking of starting a SAVE OUR SOUP campaign.

What is your favourite soup?

2SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hmmm, not a big soup fan but the only one i love is Broccoli.

3SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Guest


Guest

i share your pain. it bugs me too.

4SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never had orange and cabbage. It doesn't sound very palatable. Leek and Potato and Tomato soup are my favourites. I also like hot and sour soup if I have a Chinese.

5SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soup is something i have most days, But my fav has got to be.

Pea and Ham Soup.

6SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never found any soup in the supermarket that tastes remotely like the soup they serve in restaurants or pubs.

Can anyone recommend a tinned soup?

7SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:23 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

absolutely enjoy Tomato soup



Also like chicken soup, cream of cauliflower soup and the dutch ertwe..... soup (basically pea and ham).



Tend to make my own cream of cauliflower soup, nowadays, after I followed a receipe a friend gave me, and its absolutely gorgeous :-)

8SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Tend to make my own cream of cauliflower soup, nowadays, after I followed a receipe a friend gave me, and its absolutely gorgeous :-)

You are so talented I love you

9SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I have never found any soup in the supermarket that tastes remotely like the soup they serve in restaurants or pubs.

Can anyone recommend a tinned soup?

The waitrose soups in the tubs are real good. Other than that, no.

10SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Tend to make my own cream of cauliflower soup, nowadays, after I followed a receipe a friend gave me, and its absolutely gorgeous :-)

You are so talented I love you



I do try to cook from fresh as it is more healthier than from a tin or pre-packed meals. Plus I do like cooking for some reason, although i am definitely no masterchef

11SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
I do try to cook from fresh as it is more healthier than from a tin or pre-packed meals. Plus I do like cooking for some reason, although i am definitely no masterchef

How's your fitness regime going by the way?

12SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
I do try to cook from fresh as it is more healthier than from a tin or pre-packed meals. Plus I do like cooking for some reason, although i am definitely no masterchef

How's your fitness regime going by the way?



quite good, to be fair, going to gym at least 5 days a week and spending over 2 hoursat a time, weights, sit ups, crouches, cross trainer etc etc. definitely redefinig the fat into muscle. Weekends don't help, though, as out most Friday evenings until about 3am and end up with a Turkish pizza or shoarma and same on Saturdays for the footie and then after-parties. But stay in on Sundays nowadays, with the girlriend and thats when we prapre the food for the week ahead - true teamwork:D

13SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Borscht - (Beetroot soup).

Don't pull faces until you've tried it - it's lovely.

14SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

quite good, to be fair, going to gym at least 5 days a week and spending over 2 hoursat a time, weights, sit ups, crouches, cross trainer etc etc. definitely redefinig the fat into muscle. Weekends don't help, though, as out most Friday evenings until about 3am and end up with a Turkish pizza or shoarma and same on Saturdays for the footie and then after-parties. But stay in on Sundays nowadays, with the girlriend and thats when we prapre the food for the week ahead - true teamwork:D

It sounds like a happy ending after all your troubles. I'm pleased for you.

15SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Guest


Guest

Sluffy wrote:Borscht - (Beetroot soup).

Don't pull faces until you've tried it - it's lovely.

that sounds quite horrible!

16SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

quite good, to be fair, going to gym at least 5 days a week and spending over 2 hoursat a time, weights, sit ups, crouches, cross trainer etc etc. definitely redefinig the fat into muscle. Weekends don't help, though, as out most Friday evenings until about 3am and end up with a Turkish pizza or shoarma and same on Saturdays for the footie and then after-parties. But stay in on Sundays nowadays, with the girlriend and thats when we prapre the food for the week ahead - true teamwork:D

It sounds like a happy ending after all your troubles. I'm pleased for you.



Yep, just need my business to start bring the money in, otherwise I will need to look for another job. But apart from that all is good in the Barnes-Ewing household.

17SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good for you Chris - you deserve a bit of happiness for a change.

18SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:18 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Borscht - (Beetroot soup).

Don't pull faces until you've tried it - it's lovely.





It is nice soup:D



And thanks for the kind words, Sluffy, it has been a hell of a 2 years which culminated mid of last year which I have never mentioned (although a couple of people on here do know), but then things have been good Very Happy

19SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
And thanks for the kind words, Sluffy, it has been a hell of a 2 years which culminated mid of last year which I have never mentioned (although a couple of people on here do know), but then things have been good Very Happy

What has this got to do with soup?

20SOUP Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:33 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
And thanks for the kind words, Sluffy, it has been a hell of a 2 years which culminated mid of last year which I have never mentioned (although a couple of people on here do know), but then things have been good Very Happy

What has this got to do with soup?



Because its normal everyday life and where did that ultimately begin - primordial soup!!



Laughing

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Similar topics

-

» What's your favourite soup?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum