Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOUP

+10
largehat
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Quent
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Sun Feb 26 2012, 23:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Carrot and Ginger

I bang a bit of curry powder in it to make it my soup. cheers

22SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 16:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lobster bisque, by Baxters. Takes some getting used to, but its ok, and Asparagus aint too bad either. Tomato has to be the all-time best though.

23SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha - never buy tinned soup - this is where you are going wrong.

Buy fresh soups from the supermarket instead. Try the Glorious soup range.

SOUP - Page 2 6a00d8345250f069e2013482c9a856970c-550wi

They used to be tied in with Marco Pierre White, the poncy chef. The Sunny Thai Chicken is absolutely incredible.

In general, my favourite soups are mushroom, leek and potato, or if I am going for a Chinese, chicken and sweetcorn.

24SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Il Padrino wrote:Natasha - never buy tinned soup - this is where you are going wrong.

Ok, I have added two fresh Waitrose soups to my home delivery order tomorrow. If they're crap you owe me £3.

25SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never shopped at - or even been in - a Waitrose in my life, so I have no idea if their stuff is worth the inflated prices.

I'm surprised Daubhill, where you probably live, is in their delivery footprint.

26SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Daubhill? Never heard of it. Is this a posh suberb of Bolton?

27SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 21:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Il Padrino wrote:I've never shopped at - or even been in - a Waitrose in my life, so I have no idea if their stuff is worth the inflated prices.

So you have never shopped in the mini-food hall in Boots Manchester or even the Waitrose to go in Manchester?

I even shop there when in town - you do pay for what you get, their food is probably the best around.

28SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:47

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Il Padrino wrote:I've never shopped at - or even been in - a Waitrose in my life, so I have no idea if their stuff is worth the inflated prices.

So you have never shopped in the mini-food hall in Boots Manchester or even the Waitrose to go in Manchester?

I even shop there when in town - you do pay for what you get, their food is probably the best around.

I used to work in Manchester and occasionally would go in the Boots on Cross Street, opposite the Corn Exchange, and get the meal deal for my lunch, which ws very good value, it was a decent sandwich or a wrap, a flapjack and a 500ml drink for £2.99. If you're telling me Waitrose supply the food fair enough but I never noticed any Waitrose branding anywhere in the store or on the packaging.

I don't believe I've ever noticed a Waitrose to go in Manchester, though that M&S Simply Food on the corner of Piccadilly Gardens and Moseley Street is awesome, but who wants to spend £5-6 a day on lunch? You go to work to make money, not spend it.

29SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't know how long but the Boots food is now a Waitrose concession and is Waitrose branded.

The Waitrose to go is on Bridge Street - in fact it replaces the old newsagents which used to occupy the space in the office block that had Manchester Building Society (now been a bit polished up and now claims to be part of the Spinningfields development).

30SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Fri Jun 17 2022, 23:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PEA SOUP. Love it. Not in this weather of course, but it can't be beaten as a Winter warmer.

A few rounds of bread, and eyes down for a full house.

31SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Sat Jun 18 2022, 00:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:PEA SOUP. Love it. Not in this weather of course, but it can't be beaten as a Winter warmer.

A few rounds of bread, and eyes down for a full house.

My old grandma used to make her own pea soup which was so thick you could actually stand your spoon up straight in it.

True story.

My dad and brother absolutely loved it but it was too much for me.

I quite like pea and ham soup these days though.

32SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Sat Jun 18 2022, 00:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

My old grandma used to make her own pea soup which was so thick you could actually stand your spoon up straight in it.

True story.

My dad and brother absolutely loved it but it was too much for me.

I quite like pea and ham soup these days though.
Your grandma's soup sounds like the real deal. As I'm the only one here who likes it I have to make do with tinned, and there aren't many good ones.
There were a couple of decent powdered ones in the past, Batchelors, and those little Knorr cube soups if you remember them.
Now I have the soup maker I might give it a go.

33SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Sat Jun 18 2022, 01:48

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pea Soup. God's own soup. The thicker the better.

34SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Jun 20 2022, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My great Aunty Nora used to make pea and ham soup and put proper big chunks of ham in it, one of my favourite memories from my childhood

35SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Jun 20 2022, 09:15

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Has Saint Marcus brought out his Soup Kitchen recipe book yet?

Isn't it time he got his priorities sorted? All this fitness training stuff will get him nowhere.

ttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-marcus-rashford-phelan-24269263

36SOUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SOUP Mon Jun 20 2022, 09:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Has Saint Marcus brought out his Soup Kitchen recipe book yet?

Isn't it time he got his priorities sorted? All this fitness training stuff will get him nowhere.

ttps://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-marcus-rashford-phelan-24269263

SOUP - Page 2 Kid-bored

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2