Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett

+11
xmiles
wanderlust
observer
Keegan
rammywhite
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
JAH
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A lot of people over reacting here. We have only signed him on a short term basis until January and he was a free agent so it is hardly likely to be costing a lot of money. If something happened to Lonergan how confident would anyone be starting a full game with Campbell?

22Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:A lot of people over reacting here. We have only signed him on a short term basis until January and he was a free agent so it is hardly likely to be costing a lot of money. If something happened to Lonergan how confident would anyone be starting a full game with Campbell?
How dare you suggest I am overreacting you bellend. Football is my life! I won't sleep tonight over this keeper issue.

23Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:40

Reebok_Rebel wrote:fuck me, we are a total fucking joke. 

A laughing stock of the football world.
Ye! Why isn't Dougie signing Victor Valdez on an emergency loan to sit on the bench???? Its a fucking joke.

24Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:43

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:

Ye! Why isn't Dougie signing Victor Valdez on an emergency loan to sit on the bench???? Its a fucking joke.
its more that we have a young keeper in the reserves who could step in - if hes not good enough, why is he at the club? 

Millwall are struggling along with us, you can bet hes been told to be extra shit should he get a game.

25Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Official Article:

Bolton Wanderers have completed the signing of goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barrett.

Lee-Barrett joins on a short-term contract and was most recently contracted to Millwall.

Speaking following confirmation of the deal, manager Dougie Freedman said, "We lost Adam Bogdan which was unfortunate and a huge blow to us, and our young goalkeeper Jay Lynch is injured as well.

"I spent all day yesterday trying to find someone who would sit on the bench and try to work his way onto the field.

"We've got Arran in on a short term contract until January and then we can see where we are from there."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 16:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:A lot of people over reacting here. We have only signed him on a short term basis until January and he was a free agent so it is hardly likely to be costing a lot of money. If something happened to Lonergan how confident would anyone be starting a full game with Campbell?
How dare you suggest I am overreacting you bellend. Football is my life! I won't sleep tonight over this keeper issue.
Smile 

27Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

"We've got Arran in on a short term contract until January and then we can see where we are from there."

Poor management. He's effectively telling Lonergan the no 1 jersey is his regardless of performance.

28Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 17:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him. Is he related to Earl?

29Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 18:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Never heard of him. Is he related to Earl?
Earl Lee?

(I have heard of Earl Lee Bird though!).

Cool 

30Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 19:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You joke but Gartside refused to stump up the 18 million we could easily afford to sign him.

another missed opportunity.

31Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 19:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Wow... some high-level knee-jerkreactions on this one. Jay Lynch is out and should Lonergan get injured, we'd have to put in a 17 year old kid we got from Blackburn Rovers only last year. I honestly don't know what else Douglas could have done in this instance.
We got him from Blackburn? Sums up it all up, not good enough for Blackburn but good enough for us. 

disgusting.

32Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Article from the BEN:

Wanderers have snapped up former Ipswich Town keeper Arran Lee-Barrett on a two-montn contract.

The 29-year-old has more than 100 league games under his belt, including 42 for the Tractor Boys, who provide the opposition for Dougie Freedman’s men on Saturday.

With Adam Bogdan and Jay Lynch out injured, Freedman felt he needed more experienced cover for Andy Lonergan.

But landing the right man was not an easy task, revealed the Wanderers boss.

“It was extremely difficult convincing someone with the right experience and quality to come in when they knew it was probably to go straight on to the bench,” he said.

“But I’m delighted to have brought Arran in. He has games at this level and he will provide competition.”

Lee-Barrett signed non-contract forms with Millwall last season but has been on the lookout for a new club since August. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 20:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

34Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Thu Oct 24 2013, 20:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:Wow... some high-level knee-jerk reactions on this one. Jay Lynch is out and should Lonergan get injured, we'd have to put in a 17 year old kid we got from Blackburn Rovers only last year. I honestly don't know what else Douglas could have done in this instance.
Shut up Keegan you bellend, if he's old enough to sign for BWFC he's od enough to sit on the bench.
Make one more post on the topic. Mad

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

35Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Fri Oct 25 2013, 06:49

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:When was the last time we needed a reserve keeper?

Let's put an extra striker on the bench, we'll need him more.

SA did that and of course Jussi got injured.

Bo Hanson went in the nets becoming the second Bolton keeper to be called Bo.

36Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Fri Oct 25 2013, 08:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:So Lonergan will start and a loanee from Millwall will be on the bench instead of a 17 year old kid?

BIG DEAL.
Makes sense to me, and no doubt to you!
Ffs with our defence the last thing you want is a seventeen year old lad as last line of defence getting shot to bits!!

37Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett - Page 2 Empty Re: Whites SWOOP for Lee-Barrett Fri Oct 25 2013, 08:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:Wow... some high-level knee-jerk reactions on this one. Jay Lynch is out and should Lonergan get injured, we'd have to put in a 17 year old kid we got from Blackburn Rovers only last year. I honestly don't know what else Douglas could have done in this instance.
Shut up Keegan you bellend, if he's old enough to sign for BWFC he's od enough to sit on the bench.
Make one more post on the topic. Mad
Nat you're talking your usual bullshit again!
17year olds good enough for the first team are exceptions not a given!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum