Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you play following a tragedy?

+5
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
bwfc71
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 12:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle's excusing players who don't want to play -

Bolton boss Owen Coyle admits some of his players may struggle to compete in Saturday's home game against Blackburn after Fabrice Muamba's collapse.

He said anyone who does not feel up to playing will be excused from the match.

"Will it be difficult? Absolutely. The thoughts are with Fabrice to make sure he continues that recovery," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've found sport a relief from grief in the past myself - took my mind off things.

We are all different I know but Muamba didn't die and the games have to be played sooner or later and its been a week now.

Would you play or would you not want to just yet?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair the Villa game was a tad too soon for anyone to either watch or play, after the events of last Saturday. But life goes on and one has to carry on with life no matter what so if any player chickens out of Saturday's clash with Rovers, then they should not be wearing a Bolton shirt as they are cowardice.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfortunately I can see a crushing 3-0 defeat and fanny Coyle blaming it on the events of the last week.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Unfortunately I can see a crushing 3-0 defeat and fanny Coyle blaming it on the events of the last week.

Yeah, because Coyle has shown really poor leadership in dealing with all this, hasn't he?

Sluffy's article is about whether we as individuals would want to play, but instead of answering that, you've used it as another forum to let everyone know that you dislike the manager. Change the effing record.

You'd predict a crushing defeat anyway.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly with something like this i'd find it extremely difficult.

especially if i was on the pitch at the time.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

To answer Sluffy's question is difficult because I wasn't on the pitch at the time and I don't know Muamba personally, but yes I think I would want to play and I am sure Muamba would want me to as well.

To pick up Nat's point I think she is right. Coyle is not apparently providing the inspirational leadership he needs to show. Nobody doubts his compassion but we need to win this bloody game. It's crystal clear that's what Muamba and his family want.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If anything i can answer this more truthfully as I have been in a similar position. Whilst I was working for RBS, in Manchester, a colleague and good friend, literally died whilst she was out at lunch - ironically she collapsed and died outside Boots, on Market Street. Next day I was back in work but virtually did nothing, like the rest of the team, and the funeral took place 3 days later. But day after the funueral, although still feeling like shit I was back at work and giving 100% - you have to as its your job and you cannot let down your team or your company. In fact during taht period it was good to work!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened to Fabrice was very sad but it is hardly a tragedy. All the medical reports are nothing but positive so why can't the players turn out and do the job they are paid to do.

Our poor squaddies are getting blown to bits in Afghanistan but the rest of the soldiers don't down tools and refuse to go out on patrol.

I really had genuine empathy for Fabrice and I have always been one of his staunchest supporters but now it seems the press and media are turning the incident into some bloody soap opera.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because you find the press coverage distasteful whats that got to do with the players?

Again, another excuse for people to moan.

10Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day the players are paid to do a job. As an analogy, after the Munich air disaster United players only had two games postponed before they turned out to play. And they lost a lot of their colleagues in the tragedy.

11Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like i've said before people react in different ways to different things.

I agree some might find things like this utterly pathetic and the depths of distaste but I'm afraid your (general sense) standards aren't reflected by everyone.

some will play harder than ever, some might find it difficult to get up in the morning. I won't be judging either.

Last edited by Hipster_Nebula on Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:21; edited 1 time in total

12Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because you find the press coverage distasteful whats that got to do with the players?

Again, another excuse for people to moan.

Well said.

Some of the most vocal posters on this forum are pathetic, negative, moaning sods.

13Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Yeah, because Coyle has shown really poor leadership in dealing with all this, hasn't he?

Owen Coyle has come across as a decent man who handled the situation with the required tact and diplomacy. It doesn't change the fact he is a poor manager with zero leadership skills who is going to get us relegated.

14Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Our poor squaddies are getting blown to bits in Afghanistan but the rest of the soldiers don't down tools and refuse to go out on patrol.

I really had genuine empathy for Fabrice and I have always been one of his staunchest supporters but now it seems the press and media are turning the incident into some bloody soap opera.

Really disappointed with this post. I can't believe how easy people go back to the bloody armed forces argument.

On strike? Don't, because you're not in the armed forces.

Want a pay rise? You're not in the armed forces so you can't have one.

Want better working conditions? Be grateful you're not being shot at.

RT, this armed forces argument is what the idiots on the radio phone ins come out with. Just because someone isn't in the armed forces doesn't mean any complaint they have is invalid, and that as workers they don't have rights or feelings.

Oh and by the way unless you've had a cardiac arrest or been at death's door, it's impossible to empathise with Fabrice Muamba. Sympathy and empathy are completely different things.

15Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Owen Coyle has come across as a decent man who handled the situation with the required tact and diplomacy. It doesn't change the fact he is a poor manager with zero leadership skills who is going to get us relegated.

A fair post, this, but what wasn't fair about your previous post was the snide assumption that if we lose he will blame the events of the past week upon the result. Totally unfair.

16Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Really disappointed with this post. I can't believe how easy people go back to the bloody armed forces argument.

On strike? Don't, because you're not in the armed forces.

Want a pay rise? You're not in the armed forces so you can't have one.

Want better working conditions? Be grateful you're not being shot at.

RT, this armed forces argument is what the idiots on the radio phone ins come out with. Just because someone isn't in the armed forces doesn't mean any complaint they have is invalid, and that as workers they don't have rights or feelings.

Oh and by the way unless you've had a cardiac arrest or been at death's door, it's impossible to empathise with Fabrice Muamba. Sympathy and empathy are completely different things.

Largehat, if it makes things easier for your tiny mind, substitute soldiers for nurses. It works just as well.

17Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

A fair post, this, but what wasn't fair about your previous post was the snide assumption that if we lose he will blame the events of the past week upon the result. Totally unfair.

Well we'll see won't we. I hope we win 12-0 and never find out, but should we lose he'll already have his post-match speech written.

18Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Largehat, if it makes things easier for your tiny mind, substitute soldiers for nurses. It works just as well.

It doesn't though, does it?

Because when the public sector went on strike late last year, everybody else rounded on them (including you) and pointed out that they're not in the bloody armed forces.

19Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Because when the public sector went on strike late last year, everybody else rounded on them (including you) and pointed out that they're not in the bloody armed forces.

Please link me to where I mentioned nurses. Or is this another lie to fit in with your story?

20Would you play following a tragedy? Empty Re: Would you play following a tragedy? Thu Mar 22 2012, 14:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Please link me to where I mentioned nurses. Or is this another lie to fit in with your story?

I could provide a link, but then I might get your fan club come along and accuse me of being pathetic.

You criticised public sector workers striking, that strike included nurses.

Oh and, I don't tell lies. Please take that comment back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum