Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty.

+4
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Thu Feb 13 2014, 15:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure it could have been anything else really - how can you prove beyond reasonable doubt, one persons word against others after nearly 40 years?

Former BBC DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found not guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault.

The jury at Southwark Crown Court failed to reach a decision on a further indecent assault count and one of sexual assault.

Mr Travis, 68, of Mentmore, Buckinghamshire, denied all charges against him during the four-week trial.

The alleged incidents dated from 1976 to 2008 and involved 11 women.

Mr Travis showed no reaction as the verdicts were read out, but when asked if he was delighted as he walked out of court, he replied: "No, I'm not delighted at all."

Judge Anthony Leonard thanked the jury, who had been deliberating for about 20 hours, before discharging them.

Mr Travis was released on bail until a further hearing, to be held at the crown court on 24 February, to decide if there should be a retrial on the two outstanding charges.

Giving evidence earlier in the trial, Mr Travis told the jury of eight women and four men the claims against him were "nonsensical".

He said that he was "cuddly", not "predatory".

During cross-examination, Mr Travis denied claims he was "a great predator".

The former Top of the Pops presenter said: "I'm a normal, decent human being. I play jokes on people. I cuddle people. And if there have been some sexual interactions in the past, it's been consensual."

Mr Travis was tried under his real name, David Patrick Griffin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26177136

2Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Thu Feb 13 2014, 15:23

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

These trials are turning into a farce, poor fuckers.

3Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Thu Feb 13 2014, 17:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has had to sell his house to pay for his legal defence. Once again there are no winners.

4Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Thu Feb 13 2014, 19:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good job harry Corbett is dead. Had his hands everywhere. And I'm a little concerned as to how he's working the middle one.Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. HarryCorbett%2CSooty%2CSweep%2CandSoo

5Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 00:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:He has had to sell his house to pay for his legal defence. Once again there are no winners.
What about his estate agent and his legal team.

6Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 00:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

All these celebs getting off someone's going to pay for it bet it's Rolf.

7Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 00:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It's a fucking joke all this waste of money reminds me of that Hammer Horror film Witchfinder General.

8Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 01:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Surprise, surprise....
 Another 11 women who are liars!

9Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 01:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Arrogant fucker Travis I'd like to have seen him done.

10Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 06:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:He has had to sell his house to pay for his legal defence. Once again there are no winners.
What about his estate agent and his legal team.

I never thought of that!  Laughing 

11Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 06:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Surprise, surprise....

Surprised . Max Clifford, Freddy Starr and Rolf still to come....

12Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 07:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Surprise, surprise....

Surprised . Max Clifford, Freddy Starr and Rolf still to come....

Why bother with trials. All of them will be found not guilty and walk. The privilege of 'celeb' status

13Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 08:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The simple fact is there is no evidence to prove most of them wrong. Who's been convicted to-date? Stuart Hall who admitted it, therefore no evidence needed. Is there anyone else?

This is what happens if you leave the incident for years before coming forward.

14Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

This is what happens if you leave the incident for years before coming forward.

I agree, although in some cases the victims did report the incidents at the time but were fobbed off by the rozzers.

15Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:21

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If Jimmy Saville had of come to trial you can bet they would've fixed it for even him to get off.

16Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:If Jimmy Saville had of come to trial you can bet they would've fixed it for even him to get off.

I don't think he would have made it into court. The lynch mob would have got to him beforehand.

17Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Empty Re: Dave Lee Travis - Not guilty. Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:10

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He'd be fiddling with the lynch mob while they were stringing him up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum