Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Fulham

+12
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Dunkels King
Keegan
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
jayjay23
xmiles
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Bolton 0-3 Fulham Mon Apr 02 2012, 21:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Will it be four wins out of four or will the run stop.

Will Kevin Davies start against Hangeland - the defender who has had him in his pocket for years, or will it be Klasnic - top scorer and laziest player in the team.

Will Knight be back and Ream play in midfield?

So many questions - what do you think will happen?

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:25; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Mon Apr 02 2012, 22:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A draw, either 0-0 or 1-1 provided Davies and Knight don't start.

3Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 09:58

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

At home we can make it 4 on the bounce.

As you pointed out though Sluffster, our biggest problems will be if Coyle sees fit to start Davies and or Knight. Apparently Coyle says "Davies is back to his best" - what ever that means. We all know what happened last time Coyle said that, Davies led the team out as captain and had a mare!

4Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 10:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have been happy for Davies to start in place of Ngog, but reading sluffy's post I now remember that Davies never gets anything out of Hangeland. So I'd pick Sordell, go at them with pace.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Coyle has someone like sluffy on his backroom staff so I have no doubt he'll pick Davies.

5Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fulham have the potential to be a great team and have a few players that are classy like Dembele, Ruiz and one of my favourites, Clint D. But some games they just don't turn up and I'm hoping it's one of them. For me this is yet another game where there's no way of picking a winner from the team sheet - it's all about who does what on the day. Fulham are shaping up a lot better under the Dutch lad who has used his contacts well in the January transfer window, but we need to beat them so I'm hoping the desire and application brings us through. Like us, they're a bit slow at the back so I'd like to see Ngog and Sordell starting even though I know it will never happen.

6Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 11:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We simply must win.

The only change i would make would be to bring in Eagles for Klasnic.

7Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 13:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I dread these games at the reebok, never seem to be entertaining games. My prediction is a 1-1 draw or them nicking it.

I reckon OC will stick with 4-4-2 with the same back 4 but Eagles over Ryo and Davies over Klasnic.

8Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 13:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We always expect to beat Fulham and rarely do.

0-1 Fulham.

Coyle out.

9Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 13:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going for a draw

Fulham not quite good enough to beat us, but we will definitely allow them to score.

1-1

10Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 16:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sordell to get his first goal for the club in a 2-1 win and dedicate it to his Grandmother.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 16:19

3-0 to Bolton, I can feel the confidence within the camp.

12Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Tue Apr 03 2012, 17:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bogdan
Steinsson Wheater Reem Ricketts
NRC
Ryo Mavies Vela Petrov
Ngog

Eagles, Sordell, Davies, Klasnic, Knight, Jussi,

My reasons being this.

Ngog plays well in my opinion in most games. I can't really complain about him - and I think the more he plays the better he will become.

Klasnic has proved time and again that he can score, but he usually does so toward the end of a game after coming on as a sub.

We have seen enough 90 min sessions of SKD this season to know he is not up to it any more. Having said that he can be an effective super sub - not always but when required.

Eagles best games for us have also been when coming off the bench part way through - for some reason he seems to get more involved and have more in his locker than over a 90 min period.

Ricketts is a better left back at the moment than anyone else we have. He has to play there. Not only that but he and Petrov seemed to have developed a brilliant understanding and their team play together is great.

We look less open with Steinsson and Ricketts at fuull back than when it's Ricketts and Alonso.

13Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Thu Apr 05 2012, 09:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

See where you're coming from but there's an element of horses for courses here. Fulham tend to play through the middle rather than going wide and defensively our priority has to be to deal with that. We would have to impose our wide game on them and not let them dominate the midfield with the likes of Dembele and Murphy so I think there's going to be a clash of styles - and the winner will be the team that controls the midfield.
Vela could be useful in this game but do you think OC will start him?
I have concerns over our style too. It's nice to have 2 wingers, but crosses for Ngog is hardly playing to his strengths. If we go that way, maybe there is a case for BKD in this one but Haangeland will be waiting. I think OC recognises this and will play 2 wingers but encourage them to cut inside when they have possession but we'll see.
Genuinely think this will be won or lost in the middle of the park

14Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Thu Apr 05 2012, 12:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think we should go with 4-5-1 in this game, Fulham have a decent midfield and much better to the 3 teams we have played recently. Murphy and Dempsey will run the show if we go 4-4-2 IMO.

To be honest my team would be the same as jayjays but replacing Vela with Pratley (if fit), my reason is that Vela hasn't even got a minute of 1st team experience under his belt and I think it would be reisky to put him in at the moment, having said that he has been getting good reviews by coyle so maybe he is up to it.

15Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Thu Apr 05 2012, 21:02

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If Dempsey, Murphy, Dembele and that ex Blackburn/Newcastle Irish tosser are on their game I don't think we have a chance, but I think we could be capable of getting a draw out of this game if we can get a quick goal. Fulham are too much of a Bogey team for us to expect a win, however I hope to be proved wrong Smile

16Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The more I think about it, and the more I look at the league table, the more I think tomorrow will determine our season.

If we win, and we should do with Fulham's poor away record, we'll hopefully put a few points between ourselves and the pack and we'll bring Villa into the relegation battle if they don't win.

Lose, and the pressure will be right back on us.

Really looking forward to this one, come on you whites!

17Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Fri Apr 06 2012, 13:05

When was the last time we won a league game against Fulham? I can't remember many.

18Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Fri Apr 06 2012, 20:18

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think was about 2006/7 season, long time, not that confident about a win.

2-2.

19Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Fri Apr 06 2012, 23:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Coyle will go with a 4-4-2 formation and we'll get beat 0-2.

We need to be as solid as we can defensively. Fulham are no pushovers whatsoever and they have some great attacking players. United even struggled to beat them at OT last month.

I'd play:

----------Bogdan

Steinsson--Wheater--Ricketts--Alonso

Myaichi-MDavies-Ream-ReoCoker-Petrov

-----------N'Gog

I wouldn't be at all surprised if KDavies starts.

20Bolton 0-3 Fulham Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

OneOinCoyle wrote:When was the last time we won a league game against Fulham? I can't remember many.

11/2/07 at the Reebok 2-1 (Zat Knight played for them hence the win!)

Match report -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum