Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Fulham

+12
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Dunkels King
Keegan
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
jayjay23
xmiles
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That Arsenal lad isn't so hot. I expected a lot more from him.

62Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well he isn't Ronaldo otherwise he'd be in the Arsenal first team.

he's here for a reason, he's still learning. And frankly he's been our best or our second best player in every game he's played for us.

not sure what more he could have done.

it doesn't surprise me he's taking flack though, especially when Bolton fans claimed Wilshere "wasn't that good anyway"

63Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Myachi hasn't had a lot to beat to be our best player really but I have to disagree with you though, I haven't seen much in Ryo to make me think he will be a good player.

There isn't much difference between him and Eagles and both haven't set the world alight, whether he will be a world beater in the next few years remains to be seen.

P.S. Whicever bolton fan said Wilshere wasn't that good wants shooting.

64Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't get me wrong I'm not implying he's going to be a world beater, but to degrade him because "he doesn't have much competition" is utter nonsense I'm afraid.

He's played to a high standard in a poor team, he's stood out.

and as "nat" always says good players stand out in poor teams, and he has.

65Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If I am missing something then I will hold my hands up but he hasn't changed the team when he has been playing IMO.

Just name me something he has done in a game that has made him stand out, to be honest I can't remember him creating many chances for our strikers.

66Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i'd need time to look at the stats for every game but against QPR he had 1 assist and 7 chances created.

67Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think everybody would agree Myaichi was quiet, but to take him off at half time? No...just no!
Sure, Eagles did OK against Wolves, but when has he ever put two decent performances together before?

68Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sat Apr 07 2012, 23:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'll admit though I would have left him on today as I have lost fairh in Eagles this season. I thought Petrov was a soft arse but Eagles takes the piss.

69Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 09:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:don't get me wrong I'm not implying he's going to be a world beater, but to degrade him because "he doesn't have much competition" is utter nonsense I'm afraid.

Your act is becoming tiresome. You defend the team at every opportunity, even when they are quite clearly shite. Here's a thought, spend a bit of cash on actually getting to a game and see if you're as happy to defend these fannies after you've spent £100 of your hard earned money.

Do you understand that someone who went to the game might be a little more pissed off at a 3-0 home drubbing than someone who watched it on the internet while painting his toenails?

70Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I expected it to be a tough game, and did wonder how the players would cope with it mentally after a few wins, but I still can't get over how poor that performance was.
Alonso was bad - very bad - but nobody else was setting the world on fire either. Frankly it was a stroll in the park for Fulham and given our precarious position and the opportunity we had to get a bit of breathing space I thought we were pathetic.
We need to go to 3 CBs and sack of the full backs immediately.
I know Wigan are doing it but this is no time for "not invented here" syndrome

71Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 10:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How crap is it when we don't even have the players to play a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

The big problem we have now is that if we go 4-5-1 now it's never going to work as Pratley or Ream simply don't have the quality as Muamba meaning we are a man down straight away in the middle of the park.

Then going 4-4-2 doesn't work either because mark davies becomes as affective as chocolate fireguard leaving NRC to do all the work which is why Dempsey was allowed to what he wanted.

72Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 11:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If we take a step back, and look at the team, tactics, and manager, surely we can come up with only one conclusion, and that is that we are badly lacking in all areas. Trying to look for 'positives' out of so many negatives just isn't going to happen. We are a very poor team with, neither tactics or even hope of improving in any area whatsoever. The manager doesn't seem to know, even at this late stage of the season, what his best formation is, and even when he stumbles upon a winning formula, constantly fails to recognise it. We can argue amongst ourselves all day long, but the truth of the matter is that we are facing dismissal from the top tier, and we have no real answer to the challenges we have to face, and as a result this season has degenerated into a messy, embarrassing, and painful experience. We have nothing to offer, yet we still hope to survive, but the question for me is, no matter what division we are in, how can we expect to recover, when we have so many weak areas in the whole of the Bolton Wanderers infrastructure ? My concern is not just for this season, but also for our future.

Apologies for the length of this post.

73Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:don't get me wrong I'm not implying he's going to be a world beater, but to degrade him because "he doesn't have much competition" is utter nonsense I'm afraid.

Your act is becoming tiresome. You defend the team at every opportunity, even when they are quite clearly shite. Here's a thought, spend a bit of cash on actually getting to a game and see if you're as happy to defend these fannies after you've spent £100 of your hard earned money.

Do you understand that someone who went to the game might be a little more pissed off at a 3-0 home drubbing than someone who watched it on the internet while painting his toenails?

Read my posts and you will see i don't defend the team at every opportunity, but on this occasion I am definitely defending RYO, as he's played very well.

You don't go to the games either so I'm hardly going to take your pathetic insult seriously am i.

74Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 12:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

gloswhite wrote:We are a very poor team with, neither tactics or even hope of improving in any area whatsoever. The manager doesn't seem to know, even at this late stage of the season, what his best formation is, and even when he stumbles upon a winning formula, constantly fails to recognise it.

Do we have a ''best formation'' though, as you say we are seriously lacking quality in every area of the park which surely means we don't have a formation that will work as most of our players are not up to the standard of this league.

Look at Fulham yesterday, no world beaters in the side but they have good players who suit the style of play.

75Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 14:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're right, as what they have is stability, which has at least enabled them to know and work with, their team-mates. As soon as we look as though we are settling down, the great footballing tactical machine, (aka OC), changes it. In fairness, OC is forever shuffling his players around, looking for the best,but he doesn't seem to have catered, or even recognised, that we don't have a finishing striker. Instead of addressing the problem, he moves his pieces around it all the time. In days gone by, when Super John was playing for example, even if we were not playing well, we needed only one player who could pick up the ball an frighten them. This just isn't happenig, with everyone seemingly handing over resposibility to everyone else. In answer to your question, if we have a best formation, I don't hink we will ever know this season.

76Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 16:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's killing us against teams like Swansea, Norwich and Fulham is that we haven't got a midfielder who is happy collecting the ball from the defence and looking up and playing a simple pass. Time after time the ball is either fired into the middle by Bogdan, where possession becomes a question of pot luck, or put at the feet of a defender who then struggles to pick a simple pass into midfield.

I thought Fulham were that good yesterday though that even at our best they'd have turned us over. They have far better technical players, counter attacked brilliantly, and passed us to death for 90 minutes. We haven't beaten them in the league since 2006 - Zat Knight scored for them last time we beat them. They also deserved a point at Old Trafford last week, losing 1-0 and being denied a blatant penalty in the last minute which even SAF agreed should have been given.

It's a missed opportunity to perhaps pick up a point, but no more than that, in hindsight. More damaging could be the drop in confidence from being so completely outplayed. Alonso was terrible. It's the same problem Chelsea have got with Luiz. You sign a player who has come through at a top Spanish or Portugese club and they aren't taught how to defend and tackle. I'm beginning to think he might have a future in left midfield or as a wing back in a 3-5-2. He has only played 7 PL games for us but I can't see him ever making it as a PL full back.

Ngog had a poor game yesterday too. He got no support from Mavies and Pratley though.

Ryo is clearly fatigued, which is why he was brought off for the second game in a row... someone questioned that, can't remember who. It wasn't a tactical substitution.

77Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 19:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The chairmans view.

Game to far yesterday. Would have settled for 9 out of 12 points 4 weeks ago. Just got greedy. Need all the support we can get until Stoke

78Bolton 0-3 Fulham - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Fulham Sun Apr 08 2012, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And more...

Year and a half this one. Made enforced changes due to injuries etc. just need to see this one to the end. Regroup in summer fitter stronger

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum