Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banksy: Artist or Vandal?

+3
Angry Dad
wanderlust
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 13:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see the rather secretive 'Banksy' has been in the news again. From an artistic viewpoint,I can't see that his work is anything special,although some of it does make a valid statement on various aspects of life,both political and social,but he could surely do that by exhibiting normally. Isn't he just a pretentious vandal? Having said that,if he wants to paint on my wall he's very welcome. I'd then flog it for pots of dosh to some tosser who reads The Guardian.

2Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 15:03

I read in the Guardian earlier that he's brilliant.

So he must be......

3Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 15:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I read in the Guardian earlier that he's brilliant.

So he must be......
 Do you have a beard and wear corduroy pants?

4Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 15:48

No, but my wife does.

5Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 16:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:No, but my wife does.
'Open University' girl eh'.

6Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Apr 16 2014, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like the idea of Banksy vandalising folks homes. Either they can make money as you suggest or they could express their disgust and scrub it off which would be funny as.

Artwise, he's a decent cartoonist but his ideas are a bit obvious, but the media are so up his ass the nation needs some disgruntled punter to follow him round with graffiti removal spray.

Win back the streets for ordinary people!

7Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Sun Apr 20 2014, 23:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I like his shit.

8Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Mon Apr 21 2014, 01:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about his art? Smile

9Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Tue Aug 22 2017, 22:12

Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Screen13

10Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 09:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Artist.

11Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 10:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He did a very god painting on a house here in Cheltenham, depicting GCHQ. Although good, who gave him permission to paint all over the end wall ? The local spray can 'artists' didn't take to this secret approach, and ruined it. (can you vandalise an illegal painting? ). The owner tried to sell the empty house, but the council stepped in and wouldn't let him, (can't remember why). Its all gone now, and the house has been extended, with no sign whatsoever of the painting.
I think its vandalism, and an example is of that European flag. If it was painted on my property, I'd be somewhat miffed.

12Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 10:56

gloswhite wrote:He did a very god painting on a house here in Cheltenham, depicting GCHQ. Although good, who gave him permission to paint all over the end wall ? The local spray can 'artists' didn't take to this secret approach, and ruined it. (can you vandalise an illegal painting? ). The owner tried to sell the empty house, but the council stepped in and wouldn't let him, (can't remember why). Its all gone now, and the house has been extended, with no sign whatsoever of the painting.
I think its vandalism, and an example is of that European flag. If it was painted on my property, I'd be somewhat miffed.
I was speaking to the guy who i was training yesterday and he told me that everyone wishes he had picked any building other than the one he did as the one he painted it on was owned by a bit of a known "G" who owns a few other buildings and a club in the town.  Apparently the buildings value has gone up quite a lot.

13Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 10:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It did at the time, was going for about £300k, and some place was going to dismantle it, and cart it off somewhere. Even after it was vandalised, somebody said they would fix it, and then take it away. I think this was when the council stepped in. All we have now are the prints, etc, that are sold here.

14Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 11:00

gloswhite wrote:It did at the time, was going for about £300k, and some place was going to dismantle it, and cart it off somewhere. Even after it was vandalised, somebody said they would fix it, and then take it away. I think this was when the council stepped in. All we have now are the prints, etc, that are sold here.
i must admit i do like it!  and the position it is in is very poignant.

15Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 11:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Is very popular down here as well !

16Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 17:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why can't he be both?

17Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Empty Re: Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Wed Aug 23 2017, 17:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Artist for me.

But is he a good artist?

Banksy: Artist or Vandal? PbucketBanksy: Artist or Vandal? Pbucket
Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Pbucket
Banksy: Artist or Vandal? Chad-no-bananas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: