Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Bury aet. GOALS VIDEO post 136.

+22
White84
Keegan
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Jack Russell
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well done Danzy!

And why is Freedman persisting with the prat?

The Tower commentator said at half time, "Freedman could take Pratley off at half time and replace him with nobody and it would have no impact on the team at all... "

That sums it up. He was woeful in that final friendly at Macron, got yanked off after 45mins against Watford for being dire and was utter garbage again today...!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Agree scott. Just hope they made it sound as bad on the radio for you lot as it was for us there. Pratley and trotter parted like the red sea constantly letting bury steam through. Beckford wouldnt get in breightmet uniteds team. Connor wilkinson is tall. Everyone hates feeney and refuses to pass the ball to him. Danns freekick was probably the only plus point of the night. Top goal.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We played shite, Bury were the better team for large periods of the game. Excellent last minute penalty to shut the Bury fans up who were chanting like they'd just won the cup.

We did have loads of chances but Beckford played really badly. He's supposed to be a striker but rarely hits the target. I suspect Mason would have finished at least half of them which would have seen us comfortably win in normal time.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

y2johnny wrote:Agree scott. Just hope they made it sound as bad on the radio for you lot as it was for us there. Pratley and trotter parted like the red sea constantly letting bury steam through.  

Tower fm at half time said... : Bolton played off the park.... No creativity.... No quality going forward.... Bury have worked harder... Been more industrious... Deserve the lead... You could take pratley off at half time and not replace him and it wouldn't have any impact on the Bolton team... All exact quotes from commentator.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At least he looks embarrassed.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:At least he looks embarrassed.

Couldn't be arsed even listening to what he spouts. I can't be doing with 'cerebral' football. Arsene Wenger is the only bloke to do it well and it's a bit easier for him as he's got millions to chuck around on world class players. When you've got a set of journeymen like ours trying to make football into a science is just wasting words

honestly.....I must be an optimist as I thought we would walk that last night and saturday just gone was a blip because we never have a good start. I can quite honestly say I dont think he will be there by end of September if it keeps up like that shite last night. I know we won and it was a local derby but even so, midfield and up front are woeful

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:At least he looks embarrassed.

Couldn't be arsed even listening to what he spouts. I can't be doing with 'cerebral' football. Arsene Wenger is the only bloke to do it well and it's a bit easier for him as he's got millions to chuck around on world class players. When you've got a set of journeymen like ours trying to make football into a science is just wasting words
I think he isn't scientific enough. If a more scientific approach was taken the system would have more flexibility but as it is there is a rigid formation that opposition teams just ignore by bypassing central midfield. Watford went over the top of it. Bury went wide and around it. 

I understand the importance of protecting the defence but two central mids have to do a lot more than that - and they can't get involved if the opposition simply ignores that area of the park.

Pratley and Trotter were cut out of the game by Bury - the ball didn't go near them. And unless the system is adjusted to accommodate this, the opposition will just go around or over us all season long.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Couldn't be bothered listening to the drivel he spouts. He's a crap manager and the sooner we get rid the quicker we can close this awful recent chapter in our history. Part of me still thinks he's doing this deliberately to get fired! Can a manager really set up a team so badly and fail to prepare them for a match. If only he really was getting "sacked in the morning"!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fair play to Bury. Up until the penalty they were far and away the better side - it was like Fat, Old & Slow versus Young, Light & Fast. Definitely up there with some of the most inept, incompetent and embarrassing displays you could see from a team wearing the Bolton Wanderers shirt.

In fact, these poncified prima-donnas need to realise that wearing a super-dooper new strip and fluorescent boots doesn't necessarily make you a decent footballer. Only Feeney could really say he'd put in a shift for the first 90 minutes, and Danns in extra time.

As for Beckford, if this guy is a striker then I'm the Archbishop of Canterbury. He doesn't even bother PRETENDING to jump for the ball, he just can't be arsed. Craig Davies is just as ineffective but at least he puts himself about a bit.

Between now and the next game I'd force every player sit and watch videos of some of the great players and teams we've had in the past and try and get it into their thick skulls what this club is all about.

Before they run out against Forest somebody, Freedman, Gartside, Eddie Davies, Lofty The Lion, anybody, I don't care who, needs to line every one of them up and give them the biggest kick up the backside ever. God knows they're paid enough - It's about time we got something in return.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:clap: 

Top post Numpty.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman - Team spirit key in Bury win

Dougie Freedman says his side's fighting spirit proved crucial in Wanderers' extra-time victory over Bury.

The Whites netted a late equaliser through substitute Craig Davies, who hammered home a stoppage-time penalty, before fellow substitute Neil Danns wrapped up the win in extra-time.

And Freedman was pleased to see his side dig in and claim the result.

“I never thought we were going out of the competition,” said Freedman. “We recruited well in the summer and have created a bunch of lads that have great spirit and fantastic character.

“I knew we could still keep on going until the death and that’s what we’ve got. If you looked at our pre-season we kept on going to the end, so it wasn’t a surprise that we did create a late opportunity.

“It was a poor performance in the first half and a few words were exchanged at half time. I felt in the second half we controlled the game and got what we deserved.

“We deserved at least a draw over the course of the 90 minutes and in extra-time we really showed our quality.”

The Trotter’s boss continued: “We didn’t give the fans a lot to shout about in the first 45 minutes but they stood right by us and got right behind the team - that’s what I want to create at the football club.

“It’s always a relief to get that first victory but we’re two games into it. You don’t look too high, you don’t look too low. We’re football managers, we must concentrate on the here and now. We enjoyed it tonight, we deserved to go through and now we look forward to Saturday.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I had to stop reading that shite after "I never thought we were going out of the competition" before I launched my laptop across the room.

Oh, you've got a crystal ball which predicted a late, face-saving penalty have you, Douglas?

Utter bollocks.....again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Symptomatic of Dougie's stubbornness rather than the player's stamina. They kept going but doing the wrong thing and lucked out just in time.
Bury had patiently played around the core of the Bolton team for 90 minutes - effectively cutting Pratley and Trotter out of the game - and they only lost their discipline after we equalised - which played into Dougie's hands. But more luck than judgment involved IMO.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We enjoyed it tonight, (etc)"

How the fuck can you "enjoy" being completely outplayed by a team two leagues below you , at home, for 93 minutes?

If they really did "enjoy" the experience, they should all be fucked off, out of the club, on the next train to Blackpool because you're not supposed to enjoy being humiliated in front of your own fans......

Prick!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sir Alex would have stood there and come out with F & Blinds and clearly stated how bad the team was.  No sugar coated Bull.  That's the difference I suppose.

On the positive it sounds like Danns should be in the team on Saturday. Therefore Doog will not have him in the squad.  I just don't know.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danns and Feeney should be the first names on the teamsheet. I would also give Cravies and Mason a go upfront as Beckford looks to be severely lacking in confidence, but will Dougie be brave enough? I doubt it.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That was just embarrassing, and then to talk such utter bollocks after the game, he is either thick as pig shit, a fucking liar, totally deluded, or is deliberately trying to get sacked, what ever it is he's also a TWAT!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum