Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Bury aet. GOALS VIDEO post 136.

+22
White84
Keegan
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Jack Russell
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Does any one know if you can pay at the gate?

I don't think so, it'll probably be all sold out by now, try ebay.

Against Bury????

Huge game for Bury this, its like a Wembley day out for them.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you hear the Bury sing No, No.
Can you hear the Bury sing, I cant hear a fucking thing hahahahahaha.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Can you hear the Bury sing No, No.

I'll be in my living room so no, I won't be able to hear the Bury sing.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm sat near the subs, I might even get a game.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm sat near the subs, I might even get a game.
Sign him up Dougie...

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will give it my all, probably get myself sent off but will have more passion than the whole team put together, do you want me to come down for a fitness test Dougie, I know that you read this site regular?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!  You lot crack me up!

You can tell it's Monday can't you! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bury have sold all of their 2,500 allocation!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

::bigmachinegun::

boltonbonce wrote:I'm going. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't forget your stabilisers......

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they'll have more fans than we will.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm going. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Don't forget your stabilisers......
Bastard! Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:they'll have more fans than we will.
I think so too, but at least if you don't like your seat, or the smelly person next to you,  you can move. Cool

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bury confirm via twitter that they have sold out their allocation and are ready.

scratch

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match Preview: Bolton V Bury

SETTING THE SCENE

Fierce rivals at the start of the 20th Century, meetings between Wanderers and Bury have been infrequent in previous years, with a League Cup clash in 2002 providing the most recent meeting between the two sides.

With both teams keen to bounce back after opening day defeats, Tuesday night’s local derby provides the perfect platform to claim a maiden win of the season, as well as local bragging rights.

And with both Bolton and Bury having registered 28 wins apiece in this fixture, both sets of supporters will be keen for their respective clubs to boast the superior record come the final whistle at Macron Stadium.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Bolton winsDrawsBury wins
League
FA Cup
League Cup
Total

WHO’S IN THE HOTSEAT?

David Flitcroft

Bolton-born David Flitcroft took over as Bury manager in December 2013, just over a week after being dismissed by Championship club Barnsley.

The younger brother of the former Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City player Garry Flitcroft, David most famously turned out for Chester City, Rochdale and Bury during a 19-year professional career before joining the Rochdale coaching staff following his retirement.

Appointed Barnsley assistant manager in June 2011, Flitcroft took over as the club’s caretaker manager in December 2013, before taking on the job permanently the following month.

After joining Bury last December, the Shakers lost just five matches under Flitcroft during his first six months with the club, and went unbeaten at home for the rest of the season.

LAST TIME OUT

Bury’s 2014/15 League Two campaign started with defeat against Cheltenham Town as they lost at the JD Stadium for the first time under manager Flitcroft.

Youngster Joe Hanks fired home the game’s solitary goal shortly before the interval, finding the top corner with a thunderous 25-yard strike, leaving debutant Shwan Jalal hapless in the Bury net.

BURY: Jalal, Jones, Mills, McNulty, Hussey, Adams (Cameron 82), Tutte, Soares, Mayor, Nardiello (Poole 75), Lowe

ONE TO WATCH

Ryan Lowe

Ryan Lowe re-joined Bury earlier this summer, having previously left the Shakers after enjoying a rather fruitful two-year-spell with the club in 2011.

Making his Football League breakthrough with Shrewsbury Town in 2000, Lowe spent time with Chester City, Crewe Alexandra and Stockport County before first joining the Shakers in 2009.

After scoring 18 goals for Chester City during the 2008/09 season, Lowe had up until that point been an infrequent scorer, but his move to Gigg Lane proved to be the making of the Liverpool-born forward.

Notching 53 goals 100 appearances for the club, Lowe helped Bury win promotion to League One in 2011, before departing for Sheffield Wednesday at the start of the following season.

Now back at Bury following one-year stays with Wednesday, MK Dons and Tranmere Rovers, Lowe will be keen to replicate the form from his previous spell at the club as the Shakers once again look to win promotion back to League One.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE

2/10/2002: Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Bury (Mendy OG, 48)

Bury pulled off a famous upset on their last visit to BL6, as a Bernard Mendy own goal secured the Shakers’ a place in the League Cup third round.

With manager Sam Allardyce taking the opportunity to experiment with his side, three players were handed their Whites debuts as Bulent Akin, Chris Armstrong and Daivd Holdsworth all made their maiden starts.

The winner came shortly after the interval, as former-Liverpool striker Jon Newby’s right-wing cross was diverted into his own net by Mendy, under pressure from Colin Woodthorpe.

Dean Holdsworth, Kevin Nolan and Henrik Pedersen were all introduced to the action as Bolton chased an equaliser, with the former pair combining on numerous occasions to test Bury goalkeeper Glynn Garner.

However, the Trotters’ fate was sealed Akin was sent off for a second bookable offence midway through the second half.

A FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS

David Lee

Wanderers Under-18s head coach David Lee started his career with Bury back in 1986, making over 200 appearances and scoring 35 goals during his five years with the club.

A right-winger during his playing days, Lee joined Southampton in 1991, but his time on the south-coast was short-lived as he returned to the north-west with Bolton in December 1992 following a successful loan move.

During his time with the Trotters, Lee helped Colin Todd’s side to win the First Division in 1997, and also played in the 1995 League Cup Final against Liverpool.

Moving to Wigan Athletic in 1997, Lee had spells with Blackpool, Carlisle United and Morecambe before hanging up his boots in 2001.

Starting his coaching career with former club Wigan, Lee returned to Bolton in 2008, first as the club’s assistant academy director, before taking up his current position as Under-18 head coach.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE

Lancashire-based referee Jeremy Simpson will be the first official to take charge of a competitive match at the newly-christened Macron Stadium as Wanderers face League Two side Bury in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday evening.

In 33 games throughout the Football League last season, Mr Simpson dished out 90 yellow and five red cards.

Tuesday night’s game will mark Mr Simpson’s first visit to BL6. However, he has taken charge of one Trotters match prior to the midweek cup clash, overseeing the Whites’ 1-0 away victory against Huddersfield Town back in April last season.

Shaun Hudson and Glen Hart will run the line, while Peters Bankes is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will demolish bury. This is a nothing game as the gulf in class between the sides is huge. Season starts tomorrow

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

50/50 on it...... don't care really.  On the other hand a juicy cup draw against Utd would be fun if we progress. Not to mention the revenue.

If doog plays the kids and loses I won't hold it against him.  We are looking at a tough game with Forest on Saturday which is far more important IMO.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see another loss I'm afraid, 0-2 to Bury  affraid

Let's hope I'm wrong!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton fans will be able to pay at the gate tomorrow night!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum