Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce's Best player - 3rd/4th place - Jussi Jaaskelainen v Per Frandsen

+6
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
Keegan
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Bronze or bugger all - who have you voted for?

Allardyce's Best player - 3rd/4th place - Jussi Jaaskelainen v Per Frandsen Vote_lcap82%Allardyce's Best player - 3rd/4th place - Jussi Jaaskelainen v Per Frandsen Vote_rcap 82% [ 18 ]
Allardyce's Best player - 3rd/4th place - Jussi Jaaskelainen v Per Frandsen Vote_lcap18%Allardyce's Best player - 3rd/4th place - Jussi Jaaskelainen v Per Frandsen Vote_rcap 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Two true Bolton legends and fans favourities who both upset the odds to get to the semi's but could not quite make it all the way into the final itself.

Ranked 6th and the man who took Jay Jay (ranked 2nd) into extra time before a clear outcome could be finally made is the wonderdul Finnish keeper, Jussi Jaaskelainen, beaten by 15 votes to 13, in the most voted on round of the entire competition to date.

Up against him is another Scandanavian (seems we've been put of these players since some clown paid a really stupid amount to sign the Swede Elmander (Thanks again Owen!) is the tenacious but also silky smooth Dane, ranked 11th=, Per Fransen, who tried hard but failed against the number 1 seed, Youri Djorkeaff, by 14 votes to 4.

Only one bronze medal to be handed out though.

So which of these two Reebok crowd pleasers are you going to vote on to the podium?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jussi.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Jussi.
 :agree:  Jussi for me as well. Smile

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Jussi.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A very tough call.

While Jussi put the years in and was part of an incredible period for the club playing at the highest level, I can't honestly say that I ever thought he was an amazing keeper. Too many failings in terms of owning his area, communication and distribution for me to consider him one of the greats. Great shot-stopper though and definitely deserves to be considered as one of our best.

I have to go for Per Frandsen. Maybe it's because he was part of the most enjoyable period as a fan for me personally, but I can see those driving runs into the box now. It was an absolute joy to watch him own the midfield week in week out back in the good old days.

I don't think he was one of Allardyce's top 3 players but as the choice is between these two, Frandsen gets my vote.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Jussi.

This ^

finlaymcdanger wrote:A very tough call.

While Jussi put the years in and was part of an incredible period for the club playing at the highest level, I can't honestly say that I ever thought he was an amazing keeper. Too many failings in terms of owning his area, communication and distribution for me to consider him one of the greats. Great shot-stopper though and definitely deserves to be considered as one of our best.

I have to go for Per Frandsen. Maybe it's because he was part of the most enjoyable period as a fan for me personally, but I can see those driving runs into the box now. It was an absolute joy to watch him own the midfield week in week out back in the good old days.

I don't think he was one of Allardyce's top 3 players but as the choice is between these two, Frandsen gets my vote.
^ This.

Frandsen and Johansen were "proper" attacking midfielders who always carried a threat going forward.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very easy call. Jussi

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:A very tough call.

The thing is...
I actually thought Jussi was an amazing keeper for a very long time. The mistakes only seemed to creep in well into his career and his shot-stopping was second to none. He could never kick straight, but the number of games he kept us in and the number of points he saved us is legend.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jussi. Top class keeper for more than a decade. Best keeper we ever had in my lifetime.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a tough call, but Jussi for me too

Jussi for me. Frandsen had his best spell before Allardyce came in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum