Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manchester's Curry Mile

+10
boltonbonce
bwfc71
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
karlypants
doffcocker
Keegan
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 18:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

A bin bag containing severed cats' heads was found dumped on a street near Manchester's famous Curry Mile. Council bosses in Manchester have launched an urgent investigation and the RSPCA is being contacted. The discovery was made by a council worker who was responding to complaints over fly-tipping in Rusholme.

So... what's for dinner today - curry, anyone?

Source: Mail Online

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 18:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I started a thread around a year ago about the number of cats going missing round my way, thinking that local restaurants/takeaways not being able to resist a free meat supply might have something to do with it.

I'm not surprised about this story in the slighest.

Scumbags.

3Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 18:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manchester's Curry Mile Fcookie

4Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 19:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So they're tipping flies now as well as dumping cat's heads - disgusting! 

RSPCA - stop pussyfooting about and catch the culprits!

5Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 19:16

If tipping flies is anything like tipping cows, this could all end in tears.

The cows ain't happy:

Manchester's Curry Mile Ce5b2314-19aa-4c5f-88ab-36a03c1165b5

6Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 21:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have always thought that the curry mile in Rusholme is overrated. I have eaten in at least half a dozen of the restaurants there and the only two I would recommend is the Sanam and the Royal. There are two Sanam's and the one that has no alcohol licence is the one I would recommend. I think it is called the Sanam sweet centre. The closest thing to pussy on the menu is the Mowgli.

7Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 21:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't stand curry so thankfully I wont be eating cat any time soon.

8Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 21:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Can't stand curry so thankfully I wont be eating cat any time soon.

Broaden your horizons and give your taste buds a treat. I wouldn't entertain a Mars bar in fried batter mind you!

9Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 21:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's got nothing to do with takeaways. This was racially motivated

10Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 21:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A not very amewsing story that could have a catastrophic effect on the curry mile, pussibly?

11Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:A not very amewsing story that could have a catastrophic effect on the curry mile, pussibly?

Feline okay, Sluffy?

(ok 2nd worst joke of the year)

12Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm: Even I would be ashamed.

13Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was in Seoul, South Korea, I ordered meatballs in a restaurant and I can honestly say that they were the dogs bollocks.

14Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 22:46

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This story underlines some of the many cultural differences with England and Jamaica. I've heard you guys talk about 'having a curry' and I've often wondered "curry what?" In Jamaica, you will hear "Curry Chicken" or "Curry Goat" - both fairly easy to identify. Is it that you decide to have curry and pick one on arrival?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Mon Aug 18 2014, 23:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In England it is nearly always curried chicken, lamb or beef. Pork is taboo and goat meat is scarcer than whale blubber. Curried fish is common in the more upmarket restaurants but in the main, most diners tend to go with chicken or beef.

I found a wonderful little bakery in Old Trafford on Seymour Grove that does traditional Caribbean fare, and they do Jamaican curried goat patties for £1. ( And they are delicious)

16Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Tue Aug 19 2014, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i live in Manchester and work in the Hospital right next to Rusholme. It has been going downhill for years and the area is now full of shisha bars and a few of the restaurants have closed down. The quality does seem to have dropped over the years.

17Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's years since this old chestnut has surfaced. Remember the skinned alsatians in the Chinese in Bolton? 
I know Rusholme like the back of my hand (and Burnage Norpig!) and it's changed constantly from when there was just Butt's and 2 other "indians" in the 60s (most are Pakistani or Bangladeshi TBH) Good places come and go so it's just a matter of timing to find a good one.

18Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:33

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Can't stand curry so thankfully I wont be eating cat any time soon.
Racist...

19Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only ever went once, food was OK but the area in general is a complete shithole, there are better places I can go for Indian food elsewhere without the risk of some Pakistani gangsters carjacking me...

20Manchester's Curry Mile Empty Re: Manchester's Curry Mile Tue Aug 19 2014, 10:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It's years since this old chestnut has surfaced. Remember the skinned alsatians in the Chinese in Bolton? 
I know Rusholme like the back of my hand (and Burnage Norpig!) and it's changed constantly from when there was just Butt's and 2 other "indians" in the 60s (most are Pakistani or Bangladeshi TBH) Good places come and go so it's just a matter of timing to find a good one.

I know what you mean Lusty, we used to go regularly to Rusholme being so near but haven't been for a few years. The one i would trust most is probably the Sangam right at the top of Rusholme and maybe Al-Bilal.
I've lived in Burnage for the last 7 years so i'm still getting used to it, you probably know it better than me!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next