Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warnock to Palace - UPDATE: SACKED!

+12
Norpig
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
White84
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Crystal Palace have appointed former boss Neil Warnock as their new manager.

The 65-year-old, who was at Palace between 2007 and 2010, has signed a two-year deal after being chosen ahead of ex-West Brom boss Steve Clarke.

Palace chairman and co-owner Steve Parish has turned to Warnock as a successor to Tony Pulis after Malky Mackay was ruled out last week.

The London club are keen for caretaker manager Keith Millen to be integrated into the new set-up.

Warnock has been told he will have funds to spend before the transfer window closes on Monday.

Both he and Clarke were interviewed this week after Palace turned their back on Mackay, and Tim Sherwood pulled out of the running.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

awful appointment. Failure rewarded yet again.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ha ha ha Neil Warnock  Rolling Eyes

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll make them hard to beat just as pulis did. Decent appointment imo

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent Championship manager, probably out of his depth in the PL, but you never know.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's better than Freedman, whichever way you look at it.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My tortoise is better than Freedman.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thread title makes it sound like it's a surprise.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Massive downgrade. With the mission of keeping Palace in the Premiership, they let Pulis walk and appoint Warnock to employ Pulis' tactics. And he's a tool.

At least with Freedman, Palace would have had that grace period of bamboozling the opposition with 'no-one knows what system we'll be playing from one week to the next' tactics.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We don't know the ins and outs of why Pulis walked out on Palace or are ever like to but Warnock could turn out to be a shrewd appointment as

a: He has a point to prove as a top flight manager
b: He is familiar with the club
c: He is fairly popular with the fans [unless he doesn't win the next game that is]
d: He will be more reasonable about signing players and the kind the wages they should be paid.

The facts of the matter are that Palace were skint and in administration not so long ago, they have a dilapidated stadium and probably poor training facilities in comparison to most Premier League clubs and need to invest in infrastructure as well as trying to maintain their league status. Palace's owners may well have decided that blowing their Sky money on players wages isn't the way to go especially as Pulis would want established players at 28+ years of age on top wages and no resale value, look at his signings for Stoke as an example.

Parish is a Palace fan and won't want to see them relegated anymore than any other fan but he also has the stewardship and future of the club to consider, IMO he is doing the right thing weather Warnock works out or not, there are plenty of examples of how reckless spending can put a club deep in the brown stuff.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:We don't know the ins and outs of why Pulis walked out on Palace or are ever like to but Warnock could turn out to be a shrewd appointment as

a: He has a point to prove as a top flight manager
b: He is familiar with the club
c: He is fairly popular with the fans [unless he doesn't win the next game that is]
d: He will be more reasonable about signing players and the kind the wages they should be paid.

The facts of the matter are that Palace were skint and in administration not so long ago, they have a dilapidated stadium and probably poor training facilities in comparison to most Premier League clubs and need to invest in infrastructure as well as trying to maintain their league status. Palace's owners   may well have decided that blowing their Sky money on players wages isn't the way to go especially as Pulis would want established players at 28+ years of age on top wages and no resale value, look at his signings for Stoke as an example.

Parish is a Palace fan and won't want to see them relegated anymore than any other fan but he also has the stewardship and future of the club to consider, IMO he is doing the right thing weather Warnock works out or not, there are plenty of examples of how reckless spending can put a club deep in the brown stuff.

:clap:

Never knew Warnock said this -

The two managers I really dislike are Stan Ternent and Gary Megson. The old saying that I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire applies.

Gone up a notch in my book for that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quite like Parish as a straight-talking owner. He was on the radio the other day being asked daft questions like are you disappointed not to get your first choice manager?
He answered "I did get my first choice and I'm delighted about it"
The journo then went on about Neil Lennon (I've never spoken to him says Parish) McKay (was never interested says Parish) and other media stories.
Parish ripped him a new one basically saying that the media knows absolutely nothing about what's really happening, what's going on his mind or what the club are planning to do.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warnock sacked by Palace. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Will Neil Lennon's phone be ringing right now?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no but Dougies might!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Warnock sacked by Palace. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Will Neil Lennon's phone be ringing right now?

Another knee jerk reaction. Alan Irvine and Steve Bruce will be looking over their shoulder but I bet Dyche has no worries at Burnley.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The thread title makes it sound like it's a surprise.
:agree:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:awful appointment. Failure rewarded yet again.

:number1:

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dougie 12/1 for the job on SKY

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum