Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the protests start?

+10
boltonbonce
JAH
Norpig
White84
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Sun Aug 31 2014, 21:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Saying thing's do not improve and dougie is still in charge come the end of September, do you think there will be a fans protest to force the clubs hand in sacking freedman?

I have read various bwfc sites over the last 2 days and I can honestly say I have never seen so much anger directed towards a manager since Megson - in fact I would go as far as to say it's worse.

He will be sacked in the morning. Failing that, a home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday will spark some sort of after match protest no doubt.

When was the last manager sacked on a Monday, under the Gartside regime?

I can't think of any - if he does get sacked it will be either Tuesday or Thursday!  But as we cannot afford to sack him (from the BWFC cost centre of Burnden Leisure/Moonshift/Eddie Davies) then it looks as though it could be a long season unless he does turn it around.  As I alays try to think positive then I hope we can turn it around, we are not that far behind, just yet, especially as we have an international break and 8 more months of the season!!

22Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Sun Aug 31 2014, 21:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going for a piss at half-time away at Crewe and they only only had two toilets. Both were closed with ' Gartside Out ' stickers on the doors.

Norpig makes a good point. Anybody and his brother can take the piss from the comfort of their settee but the diehards like Whites84 and Norpig are probably more entitled to an opinion than any poster who has spent fuck all following our team. I'm in my 36th season both home and away and I'm getting old but I still believe. I still see a lot of ' Old Salts ' on our travels and it makes me proud. Let us be honest. Being a Wanderers fan doesn't mean we automatically renew our season tickets just on the back of our prestige. The truth is, we can't live or compete with the big boys, and we know it. We have to acknowledge our position in the grand scheme of football and live with it.

23Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:31

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I remember the last protest I was on (although it was called rioting in them days) I nearly got trampled on by a police horse on the pitch at the edge of the 18 yard box nearest to the Bee Hole End. We got change in the end though.

Most of the time painted bed sheets and a bit of chanting doesn't work. You've instead to go on the pitch,  invade the directors box and smash some windows or the like (I didn't do the latter).

Sometimes you've to act out of character if you want change and are passionate about what you are fighting for.

*Disclaimer* I don't condone violence or criminal damage.  afro

Edit - What an embarrassing typo. Luckily I don't think anyone noticed.  Very Happy

Last edited by Copper Dragon on Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:58; edited 2 times in total

24Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who will hold my prawn sandwich?

25Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:48

Apropos of Copper's comment, does anybody else remember the semi-riot outside the Executive Suite at Burnden when we lost in the play-offs to Aldershot and went down to the Fourth Division?

It was a salutary moment for the teenage me, as I stood there looking up at a host of posh people sneering at us working class types and laughing, as they sipped heir pink gins.

I joined the Communist Party the next day.

For that reason alone, I will not be holding Whittam's sandwich.

26Will the protests start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the protests start? Mon Sep 01 2014, 09:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the 70s we used to meet the trains at Trinity St, battle all the way down Manny Rd, invade the pitch when required and go apeshit on away days.
Then we grew up and as a byproduct of the Taylor report we got seats and became a "family club". 

The only way that anyone will "protest" these days will be if the club ask if our recent performances were a) good b) excellent or c) orgasmic on Survey Monkey and the majority settle for "good".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum