Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back!

+11
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
White84
Hip Priest
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1NFL's back! Empty NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 am

The new NFL season kicked off last night with last year's Superbowl Champions Seattle battering Green Bay 36-16 and it was a great curtain raiser for the new campaign.

I've been watching NFL for thirty years since C4 started showing it in the mid-eighties and I fell in love with the game as soon as I saw it.

It's got it all - Speed, strength, guile, tactics, razzmatazz, big hits, big plays and fit birds with pom-poms.

So I'm looking forward to the next sixteen weeks and can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Anybody else?

(Cue abusive comments about "being too stop / start and too long" and ten points to the first one to shout ""Rugby with pads!")

2NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 am

I'm finally oing to get into it this year, set recordings for the games for the coming week, wished i hadn't looked at this thread as now i know the score of the one i have taped for tonight!!!!

Have you got a particular team Breadman?  i'm going with Detroit Lions!  No other reason than ford, eminem and kiss

3NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 am

Oops, sorry Johnny!

When I first started watching it back in the 80's, the Washington Redskins had a running back called John Riggins who was a bit of an animal. His nickname was (and still is) The Diesel because he was unstoppable with the ball in his hands.

I became a Redskins fan because of him.

Here he is killing some Dolphins:

Good luck being a Lions fan, by the way, they're almost as shit as the Redskins at the moment!

4NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seahawks are probably favourites followed by the Broncos who they beat in last year's Sbowl but I've got a feeling that the Patriots might come good this year as they did so well last year despite being ravaged by injuries.

5NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a Raiders fan so been a long long 11 years of complete shit and mismanagement. 

If we can get 4-7 wins this season it'll be a step forward with a new QB.

6NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 pm

it's no problem breadman.  apart from any given sunday, varsity blues, friday night lights (film and tv series) and the longest yard, they are my only experiences of american soccer.  for a newbie i think it is a lot to get your head round, especially when it comes to drafts etc.  i understand the ten yards in four downs etc  just looking forward to something a bit different. oh and Joe Madden on the sega megadrive!!!!!  What a game!

7NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:The new NFL season kicked off last night with last year's Superbowl Champions Seattle battering Green Bay 36-16 and it was a great curtain raiser for the new campaign.

I've been watching NFL for thirty years since C4 started showing it in the mid-eighties and I fell in love with the game as soon as I saw it.

It's got it all - Speed, strength, guile, tactics, razzmatazz, big hits, big plays and fit birds with pom-poms.

So I'm looking forward to the next sixteen weeks and can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Anybody else?

(Cue abusive comments about "being too stop / start and too long" and ten points to the first one to shout ""Rugby with pads!")

It's fucking shit and I bet you've never played it.

8NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:24 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love NFL. Like Bread I started watching when Channel 4 had the foresight to broadcast it.
I'm a Bills fan so bring it on.
Football in this country could learn a lot from the NFL when it comes to public relations. A ten year old in our close wrote off to the Broncos asking for a sheet of autographs. These he duly received,plus a junior helmet signed by the coach,gloves and 3 pennants. Top class.                                                           NFL's back! Touchdown2

9NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's not football. 

Start stop start stop start stop start timeout stop start stop start he's been sacked stop start stop start touchdown stop start stop start end of the 1st quarter start stop start stop.........

NFL's back! 2qicpqf

10NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:54 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:That's not football. 

Start stop start stop start stop start timeout stop start stop start he's been sacked stop start stop start touchdown stop start stop start end of the 1st quarter start stop start stop.........

NFL's back! 2qicpqf
I felt the same at first CD,but a little effort put me right.
You have your own team for heavens sake.
Enjoy.NFL's back! Footus01http://www.tornadosafc.com

11NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bastardized Rugby league in it's best form!! 
I watched the first one live about 30s years ago on channel 4 Dolphins v Redskins. 
John Riggins would have made a great RL centre but I bet he cudn't tackle a Sunday dinner!! 
Tbh I do watch it when it's on and read up on the rules many years ago. 
I may be wrong here but after the quarter back the tight end is not only the most important player but also one of the hardest positions to play? 
Like an RL loose forward as such?

12NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I felt the same at first CD,but a little effort put me right.
You have your own team for heavens sake.
Enjoy.NFL's back! Footus01http://www.tornadosafc.com

Yee Haw Touchdown Tornados

13NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:44 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absoule boring shite sport, I would rather watcy paint dry!

14NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just for you KP.

15NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:26 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all green Bonce.

Nowhere near as enthralling as Derek Jarman's Blue which I watched 6 times.

16NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:17 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It's all green Bonce.

Nowhere near as enthralling as Derek Jarman's Blue which I watched 6 times.
I prefer the green.
Very interesting subplot.

17NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Never rated Green.

I always found it to be a derivative mix of Jarman's Blue and Coldplay's Yellow.

Nothing original.

(Science joke.)

18NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NFL's back! Colts-bills-football-2010-1-3-16-10-43

19NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:48 pm

NFL's back! 97f1ef3fef1e39674e7df4223c47c504

20NFL's back! Empty Re: NFL's back! Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've been watching NFL since the 80's as well. When I got into it the LA Raiders were noted bad boys of the sport and a pretty successful team as well, so like any self respecting glory hunter I decided to adopt them as my team. They've been absolutely shite ever since,got kicked out of LA and are now shite as the Oakland Raiders. 
I find it really strange that I absolutely love this game as I absolutely hate almost anything American.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum