Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie dialogue that blows you away

+7
Banks of the Croal
xmiles
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You may have noticed from some older threads that I consider myself a bit of a film geek. Every now and then we all come across a dialogue scene in a film which we know we will want to watch over and over again.

Here are a few of my favourites.

1. "It looks like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the matress."

Enjoy R. Lee Ermey as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's speech from the opening scene of Stanley Kubrick's Vietnam classic Full Metal Jacket. Squirm as Hartman abuses and bullies the new Marine Corps recruits on Paris Island. Marvel at the man who coined the phrase, "you climb obstacles like old people fuck.

2. "Sicilians were spawned by niggers"

Christopher Walken, a mobster, is pursuing Dennis Hopper's son, who has stolen the proceeds of a drug deal. Hopper has been brought in for torture and questioning. Watch Hopper's brave defiance and Walken's begrudging admiration for Hopper's disrespect for Sicilians in the face of certain death. Beautiful.

3. "It takes brass balls to sell real estate"

Kevin Spacey is the manager of a cut-throat real estate sales office in this adaptation of a David Mamet play. He brings in Alec Baldwin from head office to give his struggling salesmen, including Jack Lemmon, Ed Harris and Alan Arkin, a little pep talk. If you've ever worked in sales, sit back and enjoy his masterful abuse for poor performance.

Let me know if you enjoy these and share your favourites. Please embed the videos if you can, as it makes it easier. You just write youtube in square brackets [] at the start of the link and then [/youtube] at the end of the links.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the Presidents Men, one of the greatest films ever.

glengarry glen ross is superb, but my favourite moment is when Pacino flips the switch on this guy, superb monologue.

I'm also a big Oliver Stone fan his editing is masterful, as you can see in this opening scene to JFK.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember Full Metal Jacket. The Sergeant got what was coming to him.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, two of your videos can't be embedded, or some shit. Sort it out lad.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry, thats done by the owner of the video on Youtube, all you have to do is click and you'll see the vid.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No country for Young Fogey's.

Embedding is new to me.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT, I love that scene. Javier Bardem is the ultimate movie villain. What an evil bastard!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is one spooky dude. The film was great but the ending was a bit poor.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought the ending summed up the movie's message about fate and destiny pretty well... a recurring theme in the Coen Brothers' work.

10Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:03

11Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Colonel Nathan R Jessup.

12Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I thought the ending summed up the movie's message about fate and destiny pretty well... a recurring theme in the Coen Brothers' work.

Fargo is their best film IMO. And by some distance.

I like Barton Fink alot too.

13Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Colonel Nathan R Jessup.

Jack Nicholson is amazing in that film, but Tom Cruise is pathetic.

14Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This made me chuckle.

15Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:25

16Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Charles Bronson in the simpsons, some guy says wheres otis ? bronson says i shot him, now im going down to emmetts fix it shop to fix emmett.

17Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

18Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Life of Brian contains so many brilliant bits it's hard to choose, but my personal favorites would be What have the Romans ever done for us? followed by Romanes eunt domus (I did Latin at school) and The People's Front (politics):

19Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:37

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"I'm Ray Barboni from Miami"

20Movie dialogue that blows you away Empty Re: Movie dialogue that blows you away Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Absolutely brilliant, Banks of....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum