Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your First Away Match.

+12
Barryjw
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
JAH
Norpig
karlypants
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
JohannesburgWanderer
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
Soul Kitchen
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your First Away Match.  Empty Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I sit next to a Preston fan in the office and he mentioned a cup match in '65 which happened to be my first away match. We won 2-1 and played Liverpool in the fifth round. 
What was your first away match?

2Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:06 am

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Burnley, 1976 or so. We drew 1-1 and on the way back to the train station we had to keep changing direction and route 'cos of all the fights going on outside Turf Moor. Scary for a seven year old. Glad it's nowt like that now.

3Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1974, Vs Cardiff City, 2nd Reply at WBA i think we won 2-1.

4Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:40 am

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Burnley, 1976 or so. We drew 1-1 and on the way back to the train station we had to keep changing direction and route 'cos of all the fights going on outside Turf Moor. Scary for a seven year old. Glad it's nowt like that now.

Do they have Trains in Burnley???????

5Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:59 am

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Everton 1977, League Cup Semi Final, we drew 1-1 with Neil Whatmore scoring, I was 10 and wanted to sit next to window on coach, then Everton fans smashed every window with bricks, I was only 10!!! We lost the 2nd leg 1-0 at Burnden. There was over 50,000 on that night, oh how I miss the old BWFC!!!

6Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Old Trafford 1979 and we beat United 2-1. Franky..Franky...Franky...Franky... Worthington!!!!!

7Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackpool away '64. Lost 2 nil.

8Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My first away match I think was the League play off final against Reading at Wembley (does that count?) in 1995.

9Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 am

Honestly haven't got a clue. Might have been West Brom in about 92 or could be anyone else.

10Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 am

Absolutely no idea what it was but it would have been around 1984/5 and it involved getting the train with my mates.

Beyond that, I have no clue.......

11Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

Just remembered it was Man United in the F.A cup in 90/91 we lost 1-0. Mark Hughes scored.

12Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:33 am

OneFinFreedman wrote:Just remembered it was Man United in the F.A cup in 90/91 we lost 1-0. Mark Hughes scored.

Barry Cowdrill turned his back on the shot and let it go underneath his crazy legs.

I remember that well.

13Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was about 16 or 17 and it was against Crewe so it must have been late 1987 or 1988 i reckon. The game finished 2-2 and i think i didn't see any of the goals as Gresty Roads away end was flat and i'm a shortarse so spent the entire game bobbing up and down to to try and see.

14Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

First away was Aldershot in '87. I must've been about 10 at the time. Not a very happy day at all. Remember my old man telling me to zip up my jacket and hide my top  from the squaddies on the way back to the car. Things aren't that bad yet!

15Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1959 Burnley away. I was 6. We lost 4-0.
I remember pleading to go home at half time,something I've taken to doing later in life as well.

16Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:01 pm

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Most memorable away game (well memorable for the lack of any memory of it) was Sheffield Utd after a night clubbing at Gatecrasher in Sheffield. I was in a world of hurt, coming down like a good un. It was cold (I think) and think it ended in a 0-0 draw (I think). We still always talk about that game as no one knew why we went to it. It just seemed like something to do before we went back home, however, Class A's and footy don't really mix that well - especially not Bolton away. Crasher was awesome tho!

17Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:1959 Burnley away. I was 6. We lost 4-0.
I remember pleading to go home at half time,something I've taken to doing later in life as well.

There's no shame in losing to the Champions of England Bonce.  Cool

18Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This one taxes the brain. Might of been Gigg lane about 1964, lost 2-1 or Huddersfield drew 1-1 I think?

19Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Buxton away last season. We won 2-0 to take the title.

20Your First Away Match.  Empty Re: Your First Away Match. Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Buxton away last season. We won 2-0 to take the title.
Bellend!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum