Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton in possible take-over bid....

+23
B.D.P
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
okocha
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Barryjw
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
gloswhite
Keegan
boltonbonce
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Bolton in possible take-over bid.... Empty Bolton in possible take-over bid.... Tue Oct 28 2014, 20:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BEC-Tero and Siam Sport Syndicate are preparing to launch a joint takeover bid for English Championship outfit Bolton Wanderers in a deal estimated to be worth Bt2 billion.

After planning a partnership with Brazil's Cruzeiro FC to help boost players' standards at the Thai Premier League BEC Tero Sasana FC, BEC-Tero is now planning to acquire a second-tier English outfit.

Currently, there are two English clubs owned by Thais - Leicester City and Reading.

Bryan Marcar, BEC-Tero managing director, revealed that he was approached by Bolton officials, who have put the cash-strapped club up for sale at 40 million pounds. He said tried to find a business partner and found that Siam Sport Syndicate, a sports media giant in the country, was interested in the struggling club.

Bolton Wanderers, better known as the "Trotters", are languishing in the 22nd place in the 24-team division.

The BEC-Tero boss went on to say that he would travel to England with Siam Sport executives Pongsak Pholanan and Wiluck Lohtong to study the club's financial statements and discuss the possible takeover with Bolton officials.

"As for the bid to take over Bolton, I must admit I have a close relationship with the club's president. The club has plenty of property, and most importantly, they have their own stadium, hotel and football academy.

"In terms of their financial status, they made profits between 2004 and 2006, but suffered losses since then, with their debt now standing at 150 million pounds. However, the club is willing to address this situation.

"They're quite ready in almost every aspect. That will help us benefit in many ways, especially when it comes to Thai players playing in England," Marcar said.

He also said he had not stopped considering the option of broadening the Thai club's partnership with some of the top world's clubs, saying a partnership deal with one of Italy's leading Serie-A clubs would be announced soon. However, he opted not to identify the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dont believe it for a second.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shite (not aimed at you Aaron!)...

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are fairies at the bottom of my garden.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Marcar wrote:"They're quite ready in almost every aspect. That will help us benefit in many ways, especially when it comes to Thai players playing in England,"

:wtf2::face2:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2 Billion Baht sounds a lot more impressive than 40 million quid.

Ting Tong could ruv you for a velly rong time for dat........

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ah, that reminds me of the story of a friend somewhere in that part of the world, when he was greeted in one bar with "You !, any hole one dollar" Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:2 Billion Baht sounds a lot more impressive than 40 million quid.

Ting Tong could ruv you for a velly rong time for dat........
affraid  The mrs wants to slap you...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside has denied it.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Gartside has denied it.

Not quite.

What he actually said on the subject was:

"Other than what has appeared this morning it is business as usual here.”

That's not really denying it, is it?

If you owned a factory that burned down overnight, reducing it to a pile of twisted metal and charred concrete and some reporter shoved a mic in your face at 8:00 am and said "Has anything significant happened recently to your business?"

And you replied with:

....it wouldn't mean that your factory hadn't been destroyed and you were now royally screwed, would it?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This could be potentially a rather disturbing situation. Phat Phil and Davies are supposedly supporters and fans of the club who are prepared to sell to a foreign consortium with no idea of the history and culture of the club!
Not as those two muppets have I might add!!

business men sell business to business men.

shocker.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:business men sell business to business men.

shocker.
Correct, and that's all most sports are at high level. Sad that a great pastime is eroding and eating itself.

Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:business men sell business to business men.

shocker.
Correct, and that's all most sports are at high level. Sad that a great pastime is eroding and eating itself.

I agree SK, the fact that burnden leisure would be a much more successful business if it wasn't for the team is heart wrenching, but the point is, would there even be a burnden leisure without the football team?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We both know the answer to that, and it's repeated all over the world. 
When I was a lad I was Wanderers daft, as indeed most of my mates were. I wonder if there's the same passion today in England about whichever team you follow, given prices of all things football related?

I think we should sell.

Let's face it, having a couple of alleged Bolton "fans" in charge hasn't really done us much good has it?

You know, with the £170 million debt thing and that.......?

And it's time for a re-brand - "Wanderers" is a boring name and no longer reflects our current status, as we haven't moved from Horwich for over 18 years.

Bolton Crazy Dragons Good Luck Happy Time United is a far better name.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Bombers.
Although maybe not.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Gartside has denied it.

Not quite.

What he actually said on the subject was:

That's not really denying it, is it?

If you owned a factory that burned down overnight, reducing it to a pile of twisted metal and charred concrete and some reporter shoved a mic in your face at 8:00 am and said "Has anything significant happened recently to your business?"

And you replied with:

....it wouldn't mean that your factory hadn't been destroyed and you were now royally screwed, would it?

but the bit you cut out was this.

“We have spoken to several parties who have expressed interest in investing in the club but these quotes from Thailand come as a complete surprise to me,” he told The Bolton News.

Obviously you could read that as "surprise because I know nothing about that" or "surprise because I didn't expect them to say anything about it" 

who knows, but it seemed more of a denial to me.

Here's my spin on it:

Talks took place a few months ago between the club and this Marcar bloke. (It says so in the article and the BN have confirmed it.)

Presumably a price was discussed for the sale of the club. (The £40 million quoted? Who knows?)

He then went away and started putting together some backers to fund the purchase.

And that's where Siam Sport Syndicate come into the picture. Presumably, they've crunched the numbers and decided it's a goer.

This guy says he has "a close relationship with the club's president" and this could mean ED, not Gartside and would explain why Fat Phil played it all down this morning when challenged, as he may not have the full picture yet, if things have started to move quickly, so he opted for his preferred (and well used) "Say fuck all and deny everything" approach.

I think this may have some legs and it'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

(And if there is any truth to this story, it would certainly further explain why Neil Lennon opted to gamble his fledgling managerial reputation on joining a club which was rooted to the bottom of the English Second Division with a debt of £170 million.......)

Your last point about Lennon is a good one in theory, I hadn't considered that and it would certainly help to make sense of his decision.

I'd be amazed if this story was true as I can't understand why anybody would want to take over a club when they'd immediately have to pay off (at least some) of a £160 million debt - although I'm not a financial person so my opinion on that is pretty redundant.

It's a massive jump, but if what they're saying is true Id be worried about this consortium. This mention of Thai players in England is immediately a concern. Makes them sound more Venkys than Abrahmovic to me. 

But it's most likely a load of nonsense that will never materialise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum