Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Wears A Poppy?

+7
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 8:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've had it instilled in me by my parents since I was young about Rememberance Day and always buy a poppy. 
The paper ones are quite fragile so much prefer the metal ones with a year date on. This year is rather special, 100 years since the outbreak of WW1, and the metal poppies to celebrate/commemorate this are quite smart. 
I always find Sunday morning at the cenotaph in town, when I can get there, quite lifting in an odd sort of way.

2Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 8:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always wear one.
I've got a pretty good life,but I didn't earn it. It was earned for me by a generation of people who stood tall when the going got tough. Millions didn't live to share my good fortune,and the least I can do is take some time out of my pampered life to say a simple 'thank you'.   Who Wears A Poppy?  Poppy

3Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 8:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bought a poppy, but I don't wear it everywhere I go.

Sick to death of this attitude that if you're not wearing a poppy you're somehow disrespecting the past.

4Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 8:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boltonbonce wrote:I always wear one.
I've got a pretty good life,but I didn't earn it. It's earned for me by a generation of people who stood tall when the going got tough. Millions didn't live to share my good fortune,and the least I can do is take some time out of my pampered life to say a simple 'thank you'.   Who Wears A Poppy?  Poppy
Couldn't have put it better myself. I wonder who'll give a shit in 100years time? 
Nat, it's respect, simple as. People gave up their lives for you to dream yours!

5Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 9:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:I bought a poppy, but I don't wear it everywhere I go.

Sick to death of this attitude that if you're not wearing a poppy you're somehow disrespecting the past.

I agree. Also why are people wearing poppies a month or more before 11 November?

It's like a one minute silence is no longer enough. It's now two minutes and I have even seen three minutes being suggested.

6Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 10:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I always wear one.
I've got a pretty good life,but I didn't earn it. It was earned for me by a generation of people who stood tall when the going got tough. Millions didn't live to share my good fortune,and the least I can do is take some time out of my pampered life to say a simple 'thank you'.   Who Wears A Poppy?  Poppy

This. :clap:

7Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 11:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I wouldn't say it's disrespectful not to wear a poppy. Like Nat, I will buy one but if I don't wear it everywhere I go it doesn't mean I have forgotten anything. I will alway be grateful and have respect for those who gave their lives for our future freedom, and that will never change.

8Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Nat, it's respect, simple as. People gave up their lives for you to dream yours!

You utter bellend. So wearing a piece of plastic tat means you remember more than a person who doesn't?

For someone who always bangs on about hating the PC brigade, this is a strange point of view.

9Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 12:36

Still need to buy mine, but I will and I see it as an important gesture to remember the world war heroes we all owe so much to.

10Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 12:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's called taking time out for people who contributed to my existence.
Being born in the fifties I had parents who had experienced the war and relatives who had fought in the forces. I knew people who had lost relatives during the war.
I had a Grandfather who fought in the first world war and my wife had a Grandfather who fought in the Dardinelles and was fortunate enough to come home!
I've been brought up with it, something you obviously haven't.
This thread is ideal for exhibiting exactly what you are. As I said earlier, who will remember in 100 years, with cnuts like you around it won't even be 30!!!

11Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 12:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Still need to buy mine, but I will and I see it as an important gesture to remember the world war heroes we all owe so much to.

:clap: Every credit!!

12Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:It's called taking time out for people who contributed to my existence.
Being born in the fifties I had parents who had experienced the war and relatives who had fought in the forces. I knew people who had lost relatives during the war.
I had a Grandfather who fought in the first world war and my wife had a Grandfather who fought in the Dardinelles and was fortunate enough to come home!
This thread is ideal for exhibiting exactly what you are. As I said earlier, who will remember in 100 years, with cnuts like you around it won't even be 30!!!

You're missing the point. Again. I have bought my poppy, I donated £100 to the poppy appeal and my company donated £2500. I know what happened and will never forget it. Wearing a cheap plastic poppy on my coat doesn't change any of that you knobfaced tosspot.

Who contributes more - the person who puts £100 in the pot but doesn't wear a poppy, or the person who puts 50p in the pot and does wear a poppy?

13Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 14:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You shouldn't mention the amount donated Nat.
It lacks class.

14Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 14:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You shouldn't mention the amount donated Nat.
It lacks class.

Don't get involved.

15Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 14:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
It lacks class.

Don't get involved.
Who Wears A Poppy?  Businessman-tied-to-an-office-chair-with-rope-look-of-fear-on-his-face-constrained

16Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 15:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:It's called taking time out for people who contributed to my existence.

You're missing the point. Again. I have bought my poppy, I donated £100 to the poppy appeal and my company donated £2500. I know what happened and will never forget it. Wearing a cheap plastic poppy on my coat doesn't change any of that you knobfaced tosspot.

Who contributes more - the person who puts £100 in the pot but doesn't wear a poppy, or the person who puts 50p in the pot and does wear a poppy?
Yeh, sure you did!
What a hero!!!

17Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 15:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It lacks class.
Absolutely right! Them as have don't boast!!!

18Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 15:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Yeh, sure you did!
What a hero!!!

Ha ha, so you accept I'm right.

I'm starting to tire of winning every argument with you. Have you thought of transferring to Wanderers Ways where the clientele are a bit dimmer?

19Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 16:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course i'll be wearing one, all week .

What they went through for this country .

20Who Wears A Poppy?  Empty Re: Who Wears A Poppy? Tue 4 Nov - 17:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I have bought my poppy, I donated £100 to the poppy appeal and my company donated £2500. 

Look at me, Look at me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum