Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread.

+12
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
aaron_bwfc
B.D.P
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Fri Nov 07 2014, 23:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That "cock" signed half the team we're all praising tonight.

Just saying.

22The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Fri Nov 07 2014, 23:54

Hipster_Nebula wrote:That "cock" signed half the team we're all praising tonight.

Just saying.

I once bought a Fender Stratocaster guitar.

I still can't play the fucker because I'm a shit guitarist.

What's your point?

23The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Fri Nov 07 2014, 23:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That cock was all comdom.

24The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

:drink: Put that drink down Scott. I think you've had enough now. Very Happy

25The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote::drink: Put that drink down Scott. I think you've had enough now. Very Happy
Suspect

26The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:10

The point hipsters making is fair. I think Lennon's got the makings of a good squad here and he hadn't been left with the dross on huge money that Coyle left behind. 

Having said that it speaks volumes that the players suddenly look half a yard quicker, fitter and fu of confidence. Lennons getting more out of this squad than I though possible, it's exciting to watch after years of shit build up play/movement that we're now doing the very basic things very well and that's what it takes to be decent at this level.

I've always maintained that freedman did a lot of good things in terms of recruitment - both in and out of the club. But his man management/tactics just didn't work here, despite my hopes he'd turn it around. Hope he goes on to do well elsewhere but for the moment at least I'm enjoying this upturn Lennons bought.

27The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

You can tell just from watching training sessions how much happier the players are, laughing and joking. It was like a morgue under freedman. Sometimes the environment makes a player.

28The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:22

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Lennon is in a different league to Freedman IMO.

We're lucky to have him.

He's taking us back up.

29The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to the Wigan match which is the first one I've been to since Lennon became manager. Wow, the place was rocking compared to the atmosphere under Dougie. The passion he showed on the toucline was great, seeing him showing he was pissed of with the refs decisions, celebrating the goals. Get annoyed when we did something shite, I'm sure he lets the players knows when they are doing something wrong and indeed praises them when they do well. His interaction with the fans will ensure he is a popular manager with the fans. I am very impressed and I can see us having a decent season.

30The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure I had an orgasm in the pub watching this last game! Very Happy

31The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I'm sure I had an orgasm in the pub watching this last game! Very Happy
Thanks KP.
That's my milky drink down the sink for tonight! affraid

32The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's been a period with the last three appointments where various players signed by the previous manager looked rejuvenated, and everybody was like "maybe he had an eye for a player after all".

Under Coyle it was Knight, Elmander, Ricketts, Muamba.

Under Freedman it was Pratley, Spearing, Alonso.

With Lennon, it's been a mixture of Coyle and Freedman signings that have completely upped their games.

The tricky bit is keeping it going for longer than a few months.

Lennon strikes me as somebody that players will actually take notice of. Hopefully that will be the difference between him and the last two clowns.

33The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I'm sure I had an orgasm in the pub watching this last game! Very Happy
Thanks KP.
It's worth it after the result Bonce!

It was fantastic to get one over those pie eaters! Very Happy

If Lennon was by my side, I would kiss him! Very Happy

34The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks KP.

Bloody hell. No tongues. Shocked

35The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 00:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks KP.

Bloody hell. No tongues. Shocked
Only with the Mrs!

Magoo was lucky he didn't meet me in Dawlish Warren or it could have been him as well! Shocked

36The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 01:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:To be fair freedman started well? but this guy is a totally different character you can smell hes a winner, IF we play like we did tonight i reckon the play off's are possible? however away from home we need still need to improve.

10 points off the play offs as it stands. But as you say the away form must improve, and I still worry as to how lennon will deal with the inevitable rough patch

37The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 01:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:To be fair freedman started well? but this guy is a totally different character you can smell hes a winner, IF we play like we did tonight i reckon the play off's are possible? however away from home we need still need to improve.

10 points off the play offs as it stands. But as you say the away form must improve, and I still worry as to how lennon will deal with the inevitable rough patch
I love this negativity from you because it's working with the results, don't change because the results may! Very Happy

38The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 01:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Hipster, leave it now.......

Palace fans wouldn't have Freedman back because he is innately negative, which is odd, given that he was a striker.

(Google it.)

He was (and remains) a poor manager because he was too rigid in his approach.

One plan, one way of playing, dour persona, too many daft signings (how many midfielders does one team need?), very little in the way of man-management skills (as borne out by Lennon getting the same players looking like relative world beaters) and the fact that he obviously has no contacts in the game because he only ever signed players from Palace.

Ok, the last one was a crass dig, but you get my drift.

I don't wish him well for the future because he came to Bolton knowing that he would fail because to think that his way of doing things would bear fruit was either extremely arrogant or he just didn't give a fuck and knew he'd get a big fat pay-off when it all (eventually) went tits up.

Fuck Douglas Freedman.
He was  exactly what we needed at the time - a slap!

39The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 01:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Calm down. Orgasms tonight are  generally privately arranged.

40The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 01:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I still think Neil is a member on here or at least visits as a guest. There are things we have discussed here that are being implemented and are improving the team.

Example 1: Use players where they are most comfortable. Chungy, Feens, Mavies and Cravies are suddenly shining like a newly minted coin.

Example 2: Use a technically excellent player to take penalties such as Chungy. Guess who scored our penalty tonight?

Example 3: Encourage more of a passing game instead of hoofing it. By all accounts, some of our play against Wigan was simply excellent.

I have always believed that if the players bought into the system and were comfortable with what they were being asked to do as well as where they were asked to play, the results would follow. Granted, we have seen encouraging periods of play under both Coyle and Freedman and this may be a false dawn - but the passion and nous on display does suggest that Mr. Gartside may have finally found a winner.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum