Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread.

+12
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
aaron_bwfc
B.D.P
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 08:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some laughable comments on here.

Firstly, we're currently riding the "New Manager Wave" that a lot of clubs go through. Didn't Dougie beat top of the table and Premier League bound Cardiff City in his first game?

Secondly, these players are absolute ponces and a disgrace to the white shirt. It's clear they are putting in more effort under Lennon, and that is unforgivable. Once they pull on that white shirt they should give 100% regardless who the manager is.

Before you start wanking off to photos of Craig Davies and Neil Danns, remember these are the same twats who couldn't be arsed breaking a sweat not a few weeks ago. If they'd played like this last season and the beginning of this one we'd be top of the league.

42The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 08:36

It's time to stop comparing the players to how they performed under the previous manager. Under Freedman the players were told to play a certain way (what that way was is open to debate).

Lennon wants to play a high tempo, high intensity system. The closing down last night was nothing short of superb, 2nd half we didn't give Wigan anytime at all on the ball. That is what Lennon wants and that is how you win football matches, especially in this division.

Lennon knows that you have to earn the right to play football, just as Allardyce did and Freedman didn't.

43The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 08:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is so clear to see is the players wanting to win for us, Lennon is pure winning class.

44The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 10:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:It's time to stop comparing the players to how they performed under the previous manager. Under Freedman the players were told to play a certain way (what that way was is open to debate).

Lennon wants to play a high tempo, high intensity system. The closing down last night was nothing short of superb, 2nd half we didn't give Wigan anytime at all on the ball. That is what Lennon wants and that is how you win football matches, especially in this division.

Lennon knows that you have to earn the right to play football, just as Allardyce did and Freedman didn't.
 spot on Barb, Lennon is like a breath of fresh air, the way we have pressed the oppostition is the key for me, Wigan didn't have any time on the ball and again Chungy was excellent in his closing down and harrying Wigan.

45The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 13:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:It's time to stop comparing the players to how they performed under the previous manager. Under Freedman the players were told to play a certain way (what that way was is open to debate).

I'm only guessing, but it's unlikely Freedman told the players to play without heart and passion.

If you were a top accountant or lawyer and you only put effort in under certain managers you wouldn't last 5 minutes.

46The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman did the job he was brought in to do but in doing it as clinically and dogmatically as he did he divided the squad. The job he did was necessary but he'd run out of ideas on the pitch and was married to the system he played. I thought it was only a matter of time before he had to try other players and other systems - suggested enough changes at the time - but the problem was solved when Lennon arrived and had little choice but to change things round. Absolutely delighted with Lennon's approach so far. Under Freedman it was painful to watch so much possession being given away, often needlessly but now that we're pressing at least we can see the players are trying which is half the battle of getting the fans back on side. We all know we have a long way to go to ensure our survival but Lennon has brought the hope and entertainment back and if we go down at least we know we'll go down fighting instead of rolling over as we did under Freedman.
Lennon still has to finish off the job that Freedman was doing - we still have Andrews and Baptiste on the books for example, but I'm confident he'll start to bring a couple of players in January and he will have been boosted by the Championship managers new ruling on FFP.

47The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a week Lennon has had! - certainly didn't expect that after the Norwich game but it's 6 points bagged taking us up to 21st as we go into the international break. The Blackpool game takes on added significance now as they will be hell bent on beating us at their place and we desperately need the win to stay in touch. If we finish the season 21st I'll be relieved TBH - anything higher than that will be a bonus. Lennon has made me believe that we can do much better.

48The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The players really want to impress Lennon, and how good is Lennon playing the young lads, i think Gartside has done a good job in getting him here.

49The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote: i think Gartside has done a good job
And how often have those words been used in the recent past?
In that order!

50The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
In that order!
I was all for QuickQuid.

51The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid
scottjames30 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
In that order!
I was all for QuickQuid.
affraid affraid affraid

52The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could get a pint and a loan at half time.

53The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Garty would be first in line.

54The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sat Nov 08 2014, 17:21

scottjames30 wrote:You could get a pint and a loan at half time.

Bloody hell!

How much is a pint nowadays then....?

55The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What I like about Lennon is he doesn't shove his Knob up the opposition Pre match and balloon about their virtues and quality! The previous three encumbents  thrived on that!!!! 
Enjoy him while you can, we are a gateway to better things for Mr Lennon, let's hope he takes us with him!?!

56The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

+1
My mate agrees!!! Smile

57The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a wonderful way with words you have.

58The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sun Nov 09 2014, 17:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yeh, it comes with experience, it's also factual!!!

59The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mr Neil Lennon So Far Thread. Sun Nov 09 2014, 18:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's pure sex that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum