Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 0-0 Ipswich

Bolton 0-0 Ipswich

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 12:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Our next game is at home to Ipswich this coming Saturday.

Ipswich are currently sitting in 2nd place with 37 points whilst Bolton are in 17th with 22 points after playing 20 games.

The Tractor Boys last 5 results are:

Ipswich 4-1 Leeds (Win)
Charlton 0-1 Ipswich (Win)
Bournemouth 2-2 Ipswich (Draw)
Ipswich 1-0 Watford (Win)    
Ipswich 2-1 Wolves (Win)

With Ipswich having won 4 of their last 5 games, drawing one and not loosing any, they are on good form and feel we will be lucky to get a draw out of this game.

I have a feeling that Daryl Murphy will be a bit of a handful for us!

How do all you guys (and Natasha) feel we will do?

My prediction: 2-2!

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Dec 13 2014, 17:15; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Feeling a big win for us.. 3-0

3Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 12:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Take a draw now, be a tough one.

4Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 13:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Probably the toughest game that Neil and his guys have faced so far.
I'd settle for a 1-1 draw.

5Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 15:44

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
3-0 win, we'll fucking stuff the woolly backs, and if we don't, NLs a twat!!!!!

6Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll get dicked, first decent team we've played since Lennon took over.

I bet all those bellends who didn't want Mick McCarthy when Coyle got the push are feeling a bit stupid. Hey Wanderlust?

7Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 16:45

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Lennon's Legends 1 - 0 McCarthy's Carthorses
(Gudjohnsen)

8Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 17:20

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We'll get dicked, first decent team we've played since Lennon took over.

I bet all those bellends who didn't want Mick McCarthy when Coyle got the push are feeling a bit stupid. Hey Wanderlust?

Not in the slightest. I really don't think McCarthy is particularly good as we'll see come the end of the season.

9Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Like Middlesbrough, at the start of the season I fancied Ipswich to do well under big mick and i've seen little to suggest otherwise so far.

This will be the toughest home game Lennon will face all season IMO, if we get anything i'll be surprised.

1-2 to the tractor boys.

10Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Not in the slightest. I really don't think McCarthy is particularly good as we'll see come the end of the season.

So you think Ipswich will finish outside the top 6?

11Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you think Ipswich will finish outside the top 6?
I do

12Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:51

I'm going with boggers and Bryan. 3-0

13Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
1-2 sounds about right.  They have a bit more quality than us at this stage.

Our creativity and strike force remain a bit dodgy.  A draw will be a good result and a win would be unexpected.

14Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lennon's Legends 1 - 0 McCarthy's Carthorses
(Gudjohnsen)

Same score for me as well.

15Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 19:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
3-1 Whites. I feel a Christmas and new year push coming on. Very Happy

16Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 21:15

Keegan

Keegan
1-0 Wanderers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 22:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
2-1 just because

18Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Tue Dec 09 2014, 22:45

I'll be disappointed if we concede considering how we dealt with Reading's long balls last week and the way Mick McCarthys teams tend to set up. If we can actually make some chances for Cravies I'd fancy us but that is a big if.

19Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Wed Dec 10 2014, 17:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
bwfc1874 wrote:I'll be disappointed if we concede considering how we dealt with Reading's long balls last week and the way Mick McCarthys teams tend to set up. If we can actually make some chances for Cravies I'd fancy us but that is a big if.

I'd say Ipswich are a bigger side and more physical than Reading, they remind me a bit of Stoke when Pulis was in charge.

Stephen Hunt and David Mcgoldrick are going to be the danger men.

20Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Wed Dec 10 2014, 19:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Depends on whether or not our lads have their shooting boots on. If they do we'll win 2-0. If not we'll draw 0-0. I really don't think we'll concede. Andy's in good form and the defence and midfield look as solid as I've seen them since we came down. It's all about the final third, that's where our biggest problems lie now. By the way, I may have missed it because I've been busy but what's happening with Heskey? Is that a dead issue or are we still looking at him?

21Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Thu Dec 11 2014, 00:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Sutton in the middle  (Apologies 74, another from BWFC! Razz )

Lincolnshire-based Gary Sutton will take charge of Wanderers’ home clash with Ipswich Town on Saturday as Neil Lennon’s side look to extend their 100% winning record at Macron Stadium under the Northern Irishman.

This weekend’s match marks Mr Sutton’s first visit to BL6, although he has officiated two Whites matches in the past.

Mr Sutton most recently ran the rule over Bolton’s away clash with Doncaster Rovers last April, where early goals from Neil Danns and Joe Mason helped secure a 2-1 victory.

Daniel Meeson and Peter Wright will run the line, while David Richardson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Thu Dec 11 2014, 21:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Bolton v Ipswich

Bolton Wanderers v Ipswich Town
Sky Bet Championship
Saturday 13 December 2014
Kick-Off 3pm

SETTING THE SCENE 

Having won all four of Neil Lennon’s home matches at Macron Stadium, Bolton Wanderers head into this weekend’s clash with Ipswich Town unbeaten in their last five games and eager to keep both runs intact.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mick McCarthy’s side are in fine form themselves however, sitting second in the Championship and with just one defeat to their name since late-August, while the Tractor Boys also hold the superior record in this fixture having not lost a league game against the Whites since April 2002.

However, with the Macron crowd in full voice and keen to get a first glimpse of Eidur Gudjohnsen back in a Bolton shirt, the Trotters will be hopeful of continuing their fine form and coming out on top at BL6.

TEAM NEWS

Craig Davies (hamstring) will miss Saturday’s visit of Ipswich Neil Lennon has confirmed, after the forward limped off against Reading last weekend.

Having seen his international clearance come through, new signing Eidur Gudjohnsen will be hopeful of making his second debut for Wanderers, 14 years after his last appearance for the Whites – ironically also at home to Ipswich.

Kevin McNaughton (hamstring) is closing in on a first team return, but this weekend will come too soon for the Scottish defender.

Mark Davies (knee) and Marc Tierney (leg) remain long-term absentees.

LAST IPSWICH XI (v Leeds United, W 4-1)

Bialkowski, Mings, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Skuse, Anderson (Bru 72), S.Hunt (Sammon 79), Tabb (Bishop 60), Murphy, McGoldrick.

ONE TO WATCH

With 13 goals to his name already this season, striker Daryl Murphy has already matched his career-best total from last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joining Ipswich Town permanently in June 2013 from Neil Lennon’s Celtic, the veteran striker is currently in his fourth stint with the Tractor Boys have previously enjoyed three separate loan stints with the club.
In recent seasons Murphy has formed a lethal partnership in attack with fellow Republic of Ireland international David McGoldrick. The duo have already notched 19 goals between them this season, providing the finishing touch for 59% of Ipswich’s strikes so far.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Ipswich Town, 26 October 2013)

Wanderers were denied their first league win over Ipswich since April 2002 as David McGoldrick’s second-half equaliser ensured they were forced to settle for a share of the points in last season’s clash at Macron Stadium.

Jermaine Beckford, David Ngog and Lee Chung-Yong were all denied before the Whites took the lead shortly after the hour-mark through Medo Kamara, the midfielder beating goalkeeper Dean Gerken with a well-struck 25-yard free-kick.

But they were ahead for just eight minutes as McGoldrick drilled home from just outside the area after Cole Skuse’s initial strike was blocked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Thu Dec 11 2014, 21:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
PRESS CONFERENCE

24Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 14:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bolton: Lonergan, Mills, Dervite, Ream, Wheater, Feeney, Clayton, , Danns, Pratley, CYL, , Wilkinson

Subs: Bogdan, Moxey, Spearing, Hall, Trotter, Eidur, Vela

25Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 17:39

Keegan

Keegan
Well that was fun.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

26Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:00

I think it shows we're going in the right direction when we've failed to beat a side at the top of the league and it's left us all a bit flat.

If "you know who" was still in charge, we'd all be heralding that as one of the results of the season.

Shame about Clayton though.

With CYL buggering off soon, Craig D being injured, Eidur being not far off getting his bus pass, Wilkinson not looking ready yet and Beckford being on his way out, we need a goalscorer in January.

I don't want to hear a string of "nearly" stories and bollocks on Twitter from Nixon, I want us to spend some cash and get someone decent in.

Even if (and I swear Whittam hasn't put me up to this) it's someone like Earnshaw.

No idea what he's on in America, but he's only 33, he's proven Championship quality and he's still scoring goals.

27Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Wilkinson is doesn't look ready to me either. Now Clayton out also ..... better sign up Heskey. good draw overall. They were better than us in the second half and some good saves from Lonnie kept us in it. This striker business is now a crisis in my mind. Where was Mason today,injured ?

28Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good point, pisspoor performance. But for Lonergan this would have been an easy 3-0 walk in the park for Ipswich.

What the hell was Lennon thinking employing a back 5 when Feeney is fucking useless at defending (if he can be arsed) and Ream is crap at coming forward. And Wheater shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch, he is simply out of his depth in the modern game where teams have pace and keep the ball on the deck.

Wilkinson was absolute crap, I'm hard pressed to think of a worse performance by any Bolton player over the last 10 years. Did he actually touch the ball?

The only class on show was Lee and one or two touches from Eidur - but seeing as the rest of the players were intent on passing backwards for 90 minutes, these two hardly touched the ball.

Oh, and Spearing once again proved he is absolute shite.

29Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 18:42

Banks of the Croal

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Got out of Jail today ... Nat more or less sums it up for me.

30Bolton 0-0 Ipswich Empty Re: Bolton 0-0 Ipswich on Sat Dec 13 2014, 19:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:I think it shows we're going in the right direction when we've failed to beat a side at the top of the league and it's left us all a bit flat.

If "you know who" was still in charge, we'd all be heralding that as one of the results of the season.

Shame about Clayton though.

With CYL buggering off soon, Craig D being injured, Eidur being not far off getting his bus pass, Wilkinson not looking ready yet and Beckford being on his way out, we need a goalscorer in January.

I don't want to hear a string of "nearly" stories and bollocks on Twitter from Nixon, I want us to spend some cash and get someone decent in.

Even if (and I swear Whittam hasn't put me up to this) it's someone like Earnshaw.

No idea what he's on in America, but he's only 33, he's proven Championship quality and he's still scoring goals.
Good call. And his image rights won't break the bank.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum