Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Leeds

+17
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
paddybwfc
Michael Bolton
Norpig
karlypants
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sun Jan 04 2015, 16:14

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Should be a home banker really this one. Leeds have lost 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6 games and sit 20th in the table, just 1 point above the bottom 3.

I'm going for a nice, comfortable 3-0 win. Pratley, Clough and Heskey with the goals.

2Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Mon Jan 05 2015, 11:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for another tough game , Leeds will bring a few fans and won't roll over easy.

I think we'll win either 2-1 or 1-0, i'd leave Zach Clough on the bench until the second half, and just let him run at Leeds late on, his pace was terrific against Wigan and he wasn't scared to run at them.

Don't mention the P word till after the game.

3Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Mon Jan 05 2015, 12:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-2 to us.

4Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Mon Jan 05 2015, 20:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1-0 to us Heskey

5Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Wed Jan 07 2015, 11:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt Mills, Rob Hall and Kevin McNaughton are all back from injury.

Link to article in thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Wed Jan 07 2015, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-0 to us i think, with Eidur to score.

7Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Wed Jan 07 2015, 23:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Woolmer in the middle

Andy Woolmer will take charge of Wanderers’ home clash with Leeds United on Saturday as Neil Lennon’s side look to extend their unbeaten record at Macron Stadium under the Northern Irishman.

The first league match of 2015 for both sides, this weekend’s fixture marks the first time the Northamptonshire-based official has run the rule over a Bolton game

First officiating a Football League fixture during the 2004/05 season, Mr Woolmer has reffed 19 matches so far this season, handing out 52 yellow cards and no red cards.

Martin Coy and Nigel Smith will run the line, while David Coote is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Thu Jan 08 2015, 12:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On camera: Neil Lennon's pre-Leeds media briefing

9Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Thu Jan 08 2015, 19:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Leeds

SETTING THE SCENE 

Wanderers face Leeds United on Saturday as they look to build on their seven-game unbeaten run under manager Neil Lennon at Macron Stadium.

The Yorkshire outfit, led by former Trotters player Neil Redfearn, are without a win since November and currently sit a point above the relegation zone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Despite this Leeds have still tasted victory against three of the Championship’s top four so far this season, while they have only ever lost once at Bolton’s current home, ensuring that Wanderers will not underestimate their opponents as they look to mark their first league game of 2015 with a win.

TEAM NEWS

Manager Neil Lennon is hopeful that Matt Mills (ankle) will be available after the defender returned to training having missed last weekend’s FA Cup clash with Wigan Athletic through injury, but Rob Hall (ankle) remains sidelined and is set to be out of action for the next few weeks.

Lee Chung-Yong is on international duty but Kevin McNaughton (hamstring) will come back into contention after completing 90 minutes for the Under-21s against Blackburn Rovers on Monday night.

Joe Mason (hamstring), Marc Tierney (leg), Mark Davies and Max Clayton (both knee) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST LEEDS XI (v Sunderland, L 1-0)

Silvestri, Berardi, Taylor, Cooper, Del Fabro, Austin, Murphy, Adryan (Sharp 62), Sloth, Montenegro (Doukara 85), Antenucci.

ONE TO WATCH

Leeds United’s leading goalscorer so far this season with eight goals, Mirco Antenucci has wasted no time in adapting to English football after joining the Whites from Ternana Calcio in the summer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Starting his career with lower league side Giulianova Calcio, the forward signed for top flight side Catania in 2007, the forward enjoyed various loan stints during his time with the club being sold to Ternana at the start of last season, where he was immediately named club captain.

A prolific goalscorer in Serie B during his time in Italy, Antenucci was a regular goalscorer for both Ascoli and Ternana, while he also helped Torino win promotion to Serie A in 2012.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton 0-1 Leeds United, 14 September 2013)

An early Luke Varney header ensured Wanderers suffered defeat against Leeds United the last time the two sides clashed at Macron Stadium.

The forward fired the Yorkshire outfit ahead inside the opening 10 minutes, getting across his man to head home Luke Murphy’s cross at the near post.

David Ngog missed three good chances to equalise for Bolton throughout the game after finding himself in good decisions, while Paddy Kenny had to be alert to deny Darren Pratley late on as Leeds held on to secure all three points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Thu Jan 08 2015, 19:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds United's last 5 Championship results:

Derby 2-0 Leeds (Away Loss)
Leeds 0-2 Wigan (Home Loss)
Nottingham Forest 1-1 Leeds (Away Draw)
Leeds 0-1 Fulham (Home Loss)
Ipswich 4-1 Leeds (Away Loss)

I feel a Bolton win here! Very Happy

11Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:19

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is a banker Bolton home win. Even money for Bolton to win looks unbelievably generous odds. Leeds are a nothing team and Bolton are on fire right now, especially at home.

All in.

12Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:51

I absolutely hate Leeds. More than any other club. 26-0 to us. 4 hat tricks each for heskey and gudjohnson. And two for lonergan

13Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Fri Jan 09 2015, 19:59

paddybwfc

paddybwfc
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Michael Bolton wrote:This is a banker Bolton home win. Even money for Bolton to win looks unbelievably generous odds. Leeds are a nothing team and Bolton are on fire right now, especially at home.

All in.
SO we will lose' Bolton eh

14Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Fri Jan 09 2015, 23:21

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd settle for this, especially The Weather Very Happy

15Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 12:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty confident of an easy win today!! #COYWM

16Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 12:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a 3-1 win to the Trotters today.

17Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 13:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't underestimate Leeds. And let's not get carried away with ourselves either. Yes our form is encouraging and we should win this one but there's always the chance we could have an off day and we all know that freak results are much more common in this division than the premier league. 

That said I'm predicting a 2-1 win for us but I don't think it will be easy by any means. Leeds are a team that has traditionally fought hard especially when the chips seem to be down and the 2004 result was the only time I ever saw a Leeds team that didn't. Add in that we're missing arguably our best player in CYL and I think this will be close.

18Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 14:08

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm expecting a 2-1 win.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 14:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC: Lonergan, Vela, Mills, Dervite, Ream, Trotter, Danns, Pratley, Feeney, Gudjohnsen, Heskey

Subs: Bogdan, Moxey, Spearing, C Davies, Wheater, Wilkinson, Walker

20Bolton 1-1 Leeds Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Leeds Sat Jan 10 2015, 14:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds: Silvestri, Berardi, Bellusci, Cooper, C Taylor, Byram, Austin, Murphy, Cook, Sloth, Morison

Subs: S Taylor, Pearce, Bianchi, Mowatt, Montenegro, Antenucci, Sharp

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum