Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine

+13
Sluffy
Norpig
wessy
gloswhite
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
karlypants
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are closing in on the signing of former Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Madine.

The 24-year-old is to become Neil Lennon’s first signing of the summer after turning down an offer from Birmingham City to sign at the Macron Stadium.

Lennon has been searching for striker options after allowing Craig Davies leave the club, and has yet to tie down Eidur Gudjohnsen or Emile Heskey to a new deal.

Madine's arrival may provoke mixed reactions among the Whites support, however, owing to his history of criminal convictions.

Madine was found guilty of ABH in 2010 and given community service, then served five months of an 18-month jail term in October 2013 after being found guilty of ABH and GBH in Sheffield.

On release from prison he vowed to start his career anew and was a regular in the Wednesday line-up for the first few months of last season before being loaned out to Coventry City.

He then spent the last few months of the season in the Championship with Blackpool and finished the campaign with eight goals in 41 appearances in all competitions.

He was released at Hillsborough last week and is expected to sign a deal with Wanderers in the next few days.

Source

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This guy sounds like a right dickhead. I hope lennon can reign him in a bit if he does sign.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Madine has been convicted of several assaults. In November 2010 he was found guilty of causing actual bodily harm after attacking a man in a pub and sentenced to community service involving 250 hours of unpaid work. He was also ordered to pay £1,500 compensation to his victim and £1,800 in costs. In October 2013 he was jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of causing actual bodily harm and grievous bodily harm in two separate attacks. Madine was released from jail on 20 February 2014 after serving 5 months of his 18-month sentence.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To boot he was only good enough for the subs bench for the jailhouse 11 against the Joey Barton Thug 11 for the prison FA Cup.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just asked my Wednesday mate and he said, and I quote... 'Oh man… if you sign him you're in bad shape. LG1 striker. He will be delighted to end up at Bolton. Not a bad poacher but a brain like a pea. He's a bell end from Hartlepool'

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:Just asked my Wednesday mate and he said, and I quote... 'Oh man… if you sign him you're in bad shape. LG1 striker. He will be delighted to end up at Bolton. Not a bad poacher but a brain like a pea. He's a bell end from Hartlepool'

How many Boro fans would have said the same about the Juke?

Yeah, let's sign this prick:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/shamed-footballer-gary-madine-caught-6928063

When are people going to realise that we are properly screwed?

Gudjohnsen and Heskey offered new deals.

Why?

Because they'll play for basically nowt and nobody else is desperate enough to take them on.

Forget all the spin about how they bring experience and all that bollocks - they're here because they're all we can afford.

Same with this fucking idiot.

He's a gormless thug and no self-respecting club would go anywhere near him because he's a fucking liability but our morally bereft leadership don't care about that - he's cheap, get him in.

And I don't care if he scores 15 goals for us next term (which he won't by the way), because that would make it worse for me because the fans will take it as some indication of the club's astute eye for untapped talent, which it patently isn't.

He's nothing more than a scraping from the bottom of the bargain bin and yet another example of how modern football fans are happy to sacrifice their principles if it means their team will be (moderately) successful.

Rotten and even more proof of how dire our current situation really is.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing he's not even signed yet and the armchair fans are out with their knives, stabbing in backs.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:Yeah, let's sign this prick:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/shamed-footballer-gary-madine-caught-6928063

When are people going to realise that we are properly screwed?

Gudjohnsen and Heskey offered new deals.

Why?

Because they'll play for basically nowt and nobody else is desperate enough to take them on.

Forget all the spin about how they bring experience and all that bollocks - they're here because they're all we can afford.

Same with this fucking idiot.

He's a gormless thug and no self-respecting club would go anywhere near him because he's a fucking liability but our morally bereft leadership don't care about that - he's cheap, get him in.

And I don't care if he scores 15 goals for us next term (which he won't by the way), because that would make it worse for me because the fans will take it as some indication of the club's astute eye for untapped talent, which it patently isn't.

He's nothing more than a scraping from the bottom of the bargain bin and yet another example of how modern football fans are happy to sacrifice their principles if it means their team will be (moderately) successful.

Rotten.
I have to agree. It doesn't say much for the morals of a so called 'family club' when we are resorting to signing this kind of character. 

It's a similar thing to when the Ched Evans discussion was going on although they are convicted for very different offences. Would I want my kid wearing a shirt with this guys name on it? The answer would have to be no. He's let himself and his clubs down before and will probably do again.

There will obviously be the people who say he's done his time so let him crack on and all that. They may be right but I'd rather it wasn't at our club if I'm being honest.

Lennon strikes me as the type who will do whatever it takes to try and get success, he's a born winner and will probably believe he can keep him in check so won't care about his past as long as he does the business on the pitch. I honestly believe Madine will try his best to not be a cunt again but he's got that personality you can't change. When the red mist descends he's gonna lose it and BWFC will be in the news for all the wrong reasons.

All in all its a bad move imo.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets not play Cantona again after the thug kicked that Fan then ffs.

Fergie, the Best Manager ever signed some right ones, if its good enough for UTD, then surly its good enough for little crappy Bolton, Eh?

Lets not let the best boxer the world has ever seen not Box because he slapped his bird.(Mayweather).

Lets stop Tyson from boxing .

Lets stop Suarez from playing.

The only reason posters here dont get into trouble is they dont leave their house( fact).

Give the lad a chance!!!!

Last edited by scottjames30 on Thu May 21 2015, 10:18; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30 wrote:Lets not play Cantona again after the thug kicked that Fan then ffs.

Fergie, the Best Manager ever signed some right ones, if its good enough for UTD, then surly its good enough for little crappy Bolton, Eh?

Thanks for proving my point - I knew you wouldn't let me down.

The easily lead sheep amongst us are all too happy to basically say:

"I don't care if he a thug - he score goal and my team win so I happy sheep!"

But would they be as happy to support their local shopkeeper or childminder if he was a feckless thug who'd done bird for assault and had a history of beating people up on a whim?

No, would they fuck but yet again, because it's football, it's somehow different.

Well, it's not in my view.

And on a footballing level, if Madine really was worth signing, somebody else would have come in for him by now but it appears that other clubs have weighed up the risk and decided to pursue other options.

And there's only us left who are sufficiently skint to even consider him.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I go to watch my team play football, end of.

I couldn't give a shit about what they've done in the past, Id sign Suarez today if i could.

If It was upto you, Breadman we'd have à team Full of sunday school choir boys.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you know that Cantona won UTD an FA cup v Liverpool?

He scored the winner 1_0.

Thank fuck you're not a Manager.

And the guy in your avi is wanted for a sex offence, double standards( yet again).

Right, I'm not doing this because it's boring and it's killing Nuts.

I've not posted for a couple of day but as soon as I do, up pops Shit For Brains and starts trying to engineer a row with his "armchair fan - you know fuck all" comments.

He's tried it in his last three comments, so he's clearly desperate for an argument but I'm not indulging him.

Sluffy - please take note of what actually happened here today for when you next hand down some fatherly advice about "the Scott & Breadman thing" - it's not a "Scott & Breadman thing", it's Scott trying to stir up shit for his own amusement yet again.

Thanks.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because you can't back anything up you go crying to Sluffy ( again).

I wonder if he is getting sick of you?

Shit for brains.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In this instance I agree with Scott, it really isn't about reputations, it's about shopping in B&M, his analogy re Cantona perfectly stated, big Duncan Ferguson was as bad as they come, but tell me you wouldn't have had him at the time.

Madine is guilty of snotting some guy in a club, he didn't murder any fucker, or rape anyone, so why the moral high ground Breadders, just asking, not trying to get a reaction.

He's not just snotted some bloke in a club, Mart - he's been convicted on three separate occasions for three separate violent offences against three separate people.

He's a violent dickhead.

Ferguson went down for punching some bloke on the pitch and attacking a fan who was on crutches at the time of the assault and I wouldn't have wanted him at Bolton either if I'm honest.

It's not a moral high ground thing, I just don't want these sort of characters pulling on the same shirt worn by the likes of Nat Lofthouse and all the other Bolton Wanderers heroes of mine.

And I just find it all a bit distasteful when football fans (in general) seem to abandon all their principles and play down thuggish behaviour simply because the idiots in question can stick a football in a goal every once in a while.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its à game of football Laughing

If you're good you play at a good level.

Good God.

I hope he is like Roy keane Very Happy

Breadman wrote:And on a footballing level, if Madine really was worth signing, somebody else would have come in for him by now but it appears that other clubs have weighed up the risk and decided to pursue other options.

And there's only us left who are sufficiently skint to even consider him.

I'd prefer not to sign Madine - but purely because of his criminal past. 

I remember thinking he looked a decent player when he played for Blackpool against us last season, and his record suggests he'll be a good replacement for Cravies.

As you say, we're skint and we're shopping in the bargain bucket. There's next to no choice so I don't really blame Lennon for 'resorting' to this. 

I'd rather my club not be associated with such low lives, but football's a morally corrupt sport from the bottom up so I'll stick it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum