Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine

+13
Sluffy
Norpig
wessy
gloswhite
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
karlypants
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with bread in the main. Nothing we can do now though cos he's here now. The guys obviously a tugboat. 

As for having no cash. That's the reality don't see the point of worrying about that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I understand where Bread is coming from but I would be a hypocrite if I didn't agree with Scott to some extent. Like politicians, pro footie players are paid to do a job and providing their personal life doesn't affect their performance in the role it shouldn't be a factor.

That doesn't detract from the fact that Madine is a cock and not the best striker out there but beggars can't be choosers.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:I understand where Bread is coming from but I would be a hypocrite if I didn't agree with Scott to some extent. Like politicians, pro footie players are paid to do a job and providing their personal life doesn't affect their performance in the role it shouldn't be a factor.

That doesn't detract from the fact that Madine is a cock and not the best striker out there but beggars can't be choosers.

I agree with Wander, and also, I believe, that if he did the crime, and then did the time, the least we can do is give him a chance.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Bread has a point, when the club went down the Quickquid sponsor route , we the fans played the moral high ground card, a family club should not endorse this sponsor type talk, the club listened and pulled out. The fans applauded the decision.
So surely it follows if the club want to employ some guy with previous and this guy has plenty, then a number of fans will question if it's the right decision. Why the surprise.

For what it's worth i would not support any player coming in just because he's a good footballer because you have to ask where do you draw the line. I will give the guy a chance but would prefer the club looked elsewhere.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

has he been in trouble since his last incident? The lad is only 24 so would have been 20 or 21 when he got in trouble, can we all say we didn't do things we regret at that age?

If he does sign and as far as i know he hasn't yet then he deserves the benefit of the doubt. If he steps out of line again then by all means get rid but lets at least give him the chance to change.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well said Mr Pig.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:has he been in trouble since his last incident? The lad is only 24 so would have been 20 or 21 when he got in trouble, can we all say we didn't do things we regret at that age?

If he does sign and as far as i know he hasn't yet then he deserves the benefit of the doubt. If he steps out of line again then by all means get rid but lets at least give him the chance to change.

He was sent to prison in October 2013 at the age of 23.

He served nearly 6 months and is probably still on probation, meaning that he would have returned to prison if he had done anything in the meantime.

For what it is worth I consider you a sensible bloke mate, so I simply don't get why decent people like yourself want to keep on giving people like him multiple chances?

Would you let a convicted paediophile look after your child whilst you are at work, would you save your money at a bank that employed convicted theives, would you fly with a pilot convicted of being drunk in charge of a plane?

Would you be happy if we signed the double child drunk drive killer Luke McCormack, or the convicted rapist Chad Evans?

So why is signing a person convicted of actual assault - not once, nor even twice but three times (and that is just what we know about - how many other times might it have happened and the club as been able to put a lid on it) - ok?

He's had his chance already and blown it - or should I say punched it - away by putting two people into hospital - in unprovoked attacks!

I've no say in whether we will sign him or not - but as a person he's obviously a complete waste of space - but to you and many others that's ok - it doesn't matter - simply because he can play football.

Your values simply do not stack up.

It just doesn't make any sense what-so-ever to me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you put it like that Sluffy I quite agree.

I didn't know that he had been convicted of the same crime 3 times and it just shows that it is not a one off and he simply cannot be trusted.

I just hope he is not going to be a nightmare at our club.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry Sluffy but you are coming over a bit Daily Mail now, liking him to paedophiles just to make a point? Football is not like other lines of work as well you know

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's my point, he's not a paedophile or a murder is he?

Barcelona took a chance with Suarez after he bit (twice) and they're a huge club.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Barcelona took a chance with Suarez after he bit (twice) and they're a huge club.

I thought he was a cock after all that as well!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

I thought he was a cock after all that as well!

Most footballers are cocks.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:sorry Sluffy but you are coming over a bit Daily Mail now, liking him to paedophiles just to make a point? Football is not like other lines of work as well you know

No its not because emotions take over from rationality.

What other lines of professional work would you continue to employ a person three times convicted of assault?

As this Daily Mailist can't seem to think of any.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton 2020. Bolton Wanderers arrive for their crucial home game against Shrewsbury.
Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine - Page 2 David-alan-harvey-chain-gang

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thats exactly the point i was making Sluffy, football has its own set of rules and (lack of) morals. I bet if we put a jailbird 11 together it would turn out to be very useful  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bolton 2020. Bolton Wanderers arrive for their crucial home game against Shrewsbury.
Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine - Page 2 David-alan-harvey-chain-gang
 the back four in that picture will be like the Arsenal defence of old, always in a line  Laughing

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's no ordinary job is it, not everyone is a good footballer, they are few and far between.

Hence you can be a right twat, but if you're good at football, your fans will love you.

I'm going to have his name on my boys shirt if we sign him.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing he cant be classed as lightweight...

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm all for giving him a chance Scott but the name on the shirt is going a bit far  Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets not be too harsh.
Benitez made a go of his life after a tricky start.

Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine - Page 2 1192PFW?id=kWaUx2&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=450&hei=550

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum