Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign striker Gary Madine

+13
Sluffy
Norpig
wessy
gloswhite
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
karlypants
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather have someone with a bad temper than some ponce that's scared to tackle.

Maybe Lennon is trying to toughen up the squad.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I heard that's exactly what he's looking to do - cant remember the source though.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I heard that's exactly what he's looking to do - cant remember the source though.

Well, if that's true and Lennon wants Madine because he's a "hard man", rather than just because he's free and nobody else will employ him, he can go and fuck himself and manage someone else for me.

Seriously.

You can be a "hard" player without being a violent dickhead who gets himself locked up for assaulting strangers on a regular basis.

And signing Madine because he's "tough" based on the fact that he likes starting fights is tantamount to condoning his past.

Wrong.

Last edited by Breadman on Thu May 21 2015, 21:57; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I heard that's exactly what he's looking to do - cant remember the source though.

Good, that's what the club needs to move forwards.

In Lennon we trust.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott I think sluffy thinks we aren't decent blokes.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he wouldn't sign him just for that, he seems to favour a big man up front, he had Samaras at Celtic who was hardly prolific either

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Well, if that's true and Lennon wants Madine because he's a "hard man", rather than just because he's free and nobody else will employ him

We aren't the only club interested in his services.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Scott I think sluffy thinks we aren't decent blokes.

Barcelona aren't a decent club then, we are realistic Boggers.

That is all, it's not a popularity contest now is it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too true, what will they think if he fires us to the prem...

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Too true, what will they think if he fires us to the prem...
Change the tune as per normal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

according to the BN he's had a medical now so it all seems like its going to happen

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he told the medical officer 'fail me and you're aving it ' Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it all depends on whether or not he's actually changed his ways. I can't say what his state of mind is because I don't know him but if he has decided to clean up his act and straighten himself out then I'd suggest it's not wrong to give him the chance to prove it. 

That said I'd be lying if I said the fact he's been convicted multiple times doesn't concern me. It suggests a man not able to control his temper and for a professional sportsman, even a boxer that's a very bad thing. I'd expect Neil to be keeping very close tabs on the man should he sign and at the first sign of him regressing fire him off. 

In fact if we do sign him I'd insert a clause into his contract that says we can sack him if he misbehaves.

I'm torn but it's a pretty sad state of affairs if we assume that a 24 year old with reasonably petty convictions is a lost cause.

So I agree with LPP.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tangling with Lennon would not be a good idea. He'll no doubt be aware of that fact.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon must think he can control Gary's anger and turn it into something positive.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll have a clause in his contract allowing us to cancel his contract if he plays up. Saying that again PG is in charge of contracts.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah he's given him an automatic extension in the event of any further jail time.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah he's given him an automatic extension in the event of any further jail time.

Have I done something to upset you?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah nothing upsets me on here.  ::dance::

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum