Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too many days off?

+5
scottjames30
Norpig
doffcocker
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Too many days off? Empty Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 12:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do we take too many days off in this country. Nat will probably say .YES'.
I probably take around half of my entitlement,but I have friends who make sure they take every day that's due them.
Does the fear of losing your job play any part in the decision making process when it comes to holidays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34123906

2Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If you're entitled to them then take them. You can't lose your job for using your holiday entitlement. We get less holidays in this country than some others.

3Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For me it depends who I'm working for.

When I was working in a small office in Horwich, I was just grateful to the owner for the work, so I didn't feel out to take everything I was entitled to.

When I was working at a big office in town where we would get a snotty phonecall for being 30 seconds late, and asked to work overtime for having half an hour off for a doctors appointment, too fucking right I'd take every day off I could.

4Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've given up quite a lot of holidays,and it's reached a point now where they get sniffy if I insist on taking them. 
Ungrateful bastards.

5Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you should always take your full entitlement, you can't get the sack for using up your contracted holidays. I work for the NHS and get a good amount of holidays but i do have to work some weekends and bank holidays.

6Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just go sick Bonce.

7Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:23

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

He's got Bruce forsyth tied up in his shed to do sexual favours. It doesn't get any sicker than that.  Very Happy

8Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:He's got Bruce forsyth tied up in his shed to do sexual favours. It doesn't get any sicker than that.  Very Happy
Please stop putting these thoughts into my head. The mental pictures they create are disturbing. Shocked

9Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 16:44

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Very Happy

10Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 18:38

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:you should always take your full entitlement, you can't get the sack for using up your contracted holidays. I work for the NHS and get a good amount of holidays but i do have to work some weekends and bank holidays.

Completely agree. Take everything you're entitled to. For years I used to take about half of what I was entitled to every year, because I was 'too busy' to take them, but you'll get no thanks when the company is sold and new management marches dishing out their P45s (is that what it's still called?) to people they haven't even met.
Take your days and enjoy them.

11Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 18:44

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Norpig wrote:you should always take your full entitlement, you can't get the sack for using up your contracted holidays. I work for the NHS and get a good amount of holidays but i do have to work some weekends and bank holidays.

Completely agree. Take everything you're entitled to. For years I used to take about half of what I was entitled to every year, because I was 'too busy' to take them, but you'll get no thanks when the company is sold and new management marches dishing out their P45s (is that what it's still called?) to people they haven't even met.
Hi Fin

Just to let you know i have signed up to "the network"

cheaper than paying for the ppv's seperate and the app on ps4 is awesome!

Just go go off topic Smile

12Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Mon Sep 07 2015, 23:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:

Hi Fin

Just to let you know i have signed up to "the network"

cheaper than paying for the ppv's seperate and the app on ps4 is awesome!

Just go go off topic Smile
Yes. Definitely the best way, johnny. You should be able to sign-up and cancel month-to-month too if any ppvs aren't of interest.

Still haven't sent your book btw, I f*'d up the international FedEx form twice, but I promise to do it this week.

13Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 07:19

Haha, no worries thanks fin.

Tbf ill probably keep it and cancel my spotify. Im not using that as much now so would rather keep my network. Ive been doing my missus' head in watching random old matches i picked from the back of my head. (TLC)

14Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 08:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Take them all! They're making money out of your labour so get what you're entitled too.
What's interesting is that if you are sick whilst on holiday (either self certified or even better with a doctors sick note) it stops being holiday and becomes  a sickie.
So any time you are signed off while on holiday you can claim those days again as holiday. Doesn't matter where you are- in the UK or abroad ,but as long as its medically certified then you're not on holiday- you're sick

15Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 10:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Take them all! They're making money out of your labour so get what you're entitled too.
What's interesting is that if you are sick whilst on holiday (either self certified or even better with a doctors sick note) it stops being holiday and becomes  a sickie.
So any time you are signed off while on holiday you can claim those days again as holiday. Doesn't matter where you are- in the UK or abroad ,but as long as its medically certified then you're not on holiday- you're sick

A former work colleague of mine did just that. He had a ten day holiday in Turkey then phoned in sick after a couple of days to report sick as he had a very bad case of gastro-enteritis. He ended up with another seven days leave which he used up to go on another holiday to Turkey.

16Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you don't take the holidays you are entitled to I suggest you take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Is your spine still there?

17Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how may days do your underlings at Whittam International get Nat? i'm betting on 5 days but you can't have them all together  Smile

18Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 12:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:how may days do your underlings at Whittam International get Nat? i'm betting on 5 days but you can't have them all together  Smile

We are generous with holidays as a happy workforce is a productive one.

30 days a year plus Christmas, rising by one day for every two years of service.

19Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 13:02

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:how may days do your underlings at Whittam International get Nat? i'm betting on 5 days but you can't have them all together  Smile

We are generous with holidays as a happy workforce is a productive one.

30 days a year plus Christmas, rising by one day for every two years of service.

What proportion of your operating costs does direct labour spend make up?

Just out of interest.

Ta.

20Too many days off? Empty Re: Too many days off? Tue Sep 08 2015, 13:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

What proportion of your operating costs does direct labour spend make up?

Just out of interest.

Ta.

How the fook should I know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum