Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of days ?

+8
Dunkels King
Sluffy
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Lancaster White
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1The end of days ? Empty The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 08:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six months and counting towards the 21st December 2012. The day the Mayans predicted the world as we know it would end.

Don't forget your toothbrush!

https://youtu.be/iFRKJ6PZZ3c

2The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 08:59

Lancaster White

Lancaster White
David Ngog
David Ngog

Reebok Trotter wrote:Six months and counting towards the 21st December 2012. The day the Mayans predicted the world as we know it would end.

[url=https://youtu.be/iFRKJ6PZZ3c
https://youtu.be/iFRKJ6PZZ3c[/quote[/url]]
Well it would be four days before Christmas so that means I dont have to buy the wife a christmas present.

3The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 09:01

Lancaster White

Lancaster White
David Ngog
David Ngog

[quote="Lancaster White"]
Reebok Trotter wrote:Six months and counting towards the 21st December 2012. The day the Mayans predicted the world as we know it would end.

https://youtu.be/iFRKJ6PZZ3c[/quote]
Well it would be four days before Christmas so that means I dont have to buy the wife a christmas present.
Does Bruce Wiilis know

4The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 09:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you finished building your underground shelter yet RT?

5The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 11:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have decided to sack it. I am hoping the Tony Nicklinson case is resolved before December.

I plan to checkout and punch my last tab on the 20th December which means I wont be going to Peterborough for our game on the 22nd.

6The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 15:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I will be to busy that day to bother with it, if anyone's going to see it let me know if it was a good show .

7The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 15:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is similar to that video i posted with the "noises" round the world.

which many believe is the testing of the HAARP device, which can apparently manipulate weather.

8The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 15:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The end of days ? Haarp4

9The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is definitely a third, extra dimension which we are not being told about. I remain sceptical but I would never discount other alien life forms.

10The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:There is definitely a third, extra dimension which we are not being told about.

Please could you elaborate upon this?

11The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope! Type in UFO on Youtube! Wink

12The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 19:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Nope! Type in UFO on Youtube! Wink

I know what UFOs are, I just wondered why you are so definite about it. Thought you might have had first hand experience of little green men or something interesting like that to share.

13The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 20:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever you believe, i think the cosmos, the question of life, is one of the most fascinating topics imaginable.

14The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 20:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Whatever you believe, i think the cosmos, the question of life, is one of the most fascinating topics imaginable.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of 23,000 adults in 22 countries found that 20% believe that aliens live among us disguised as humans. The highest level of belief was among people from India and China, the lowest belief was in Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden.

Tens of millions of Christians the world over believe that the Earth is 7,000 years old, and that all the science which disproves their belief, and in particular Darwinism, is the work of the devil.

Me, I believe in scientific fact. The big existential questions such as why are we here and are we being monitored/abducted/living among aliens are beyond the limit of our knowledge and understanding.

I find it interesting that RT thinks that comfort eating doesn't happen, even though there is 35 years of scientific research into the subject that shows it does, but he does believe that something is definitely being hidden from us and the proof can be found by searching for "UFO" on YouTube. Different strokes for different folks.

15The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's almost a certainty that Alien life of some sort is in existence in the universe somewhere, considering there are over six sextillion planets out there.

But I'm like you i believe only in the facts, but that doesn't stop me finding the "What If?" endlessly fascinating.

16The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth, in my opinion there must be alien life - the universe is simply too mind bogglingly big for there not to be.

Similarly there are no aliens that walk amongst us.

My reasoning for this is that for us to be able to manage to visit anywhere outside our solar system would take technology advances that are way beyond anything we are capable of - we don't even know theoretically where most of the universe is yet (dark matter, dark energy) yet alone manage to navigate across it!

So any alien that can travel to us would find us intellectually backwards and would certainly have the technology to do whatever they may want to do to explore our planet and its people and nature, without putting themselves in any risk or even revealing themselves to us in any 'close encounters' sort of way.

It's probably somewhat similar if one of us some how found ourselves in a Stone Age environment - would we seriously dress up in bear skins with a club in our hands going, Ugh, when we could just as easily watch them via satellite facilities and putting no one (us or them) at any risk what so ever.

17The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 21:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree that the likelihood of life elsewhere in the universe is high in pure statistical terms, but there's no certainty whatsoever.

If you find a needle in a haystack, is it a certainty that if you keep looking, you will inevitably find another one? No, there might only be the one needle in the haystack. We simply do not know and may never know.

I find the idea of aliens living among as disguised as humans pretty unlikely, but again, we simply do not know. Like Sluffy I can't see why they would live among us in secret, but I'm in no position to second guess the motives and methods of a civilisation from a planet or celestial body many millions of miles away. It's beyond the limit of my understanding.

18The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 21:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Whatever you believe, i think the cosmos, the question of life, is one of the most fascinating topics imaginable.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll of 23,000 adults in 22 countries found that 20% believe that aliens live among us disguised as humans. The highest level of belief was among people from India and China, the lowest belief was in Netherlands, Belgium and Sweden.

Tens of millions of Christians the world over believe that the Earth is 7,000 years old, and that all the science which disproves their belief, and in particular Darwinism, is the work of the devil.

Me, I believe in scientific fact. The big existential questions such as why are we here and are we being monitored/abducted/living among aliens are beyond the limit of our knowledge and understanding.

I find it interesting that RT thinks that comfort eating doesn't happen, even though there is 35 years of scientific research into the subject that shows it does, but he does believe that something is definitely being hidden from us and the proof can be found by searching for "UFO" on YouTube. Different strokes for different folks.

LH, Of course I know what comfort eating is. I just do not agree with it in principle because it is self-inflicted. It is no different with heavy smokers or drug addicts. Just because you are a drug addict it doesn't mean you are not accountable for your behaviour.

FWIW, I value your contributions even though I don't always agree with your viewpoint. You seem to take umbrage with Daily Mail readers which tells me that you probably don't agree with the likes of Richard Littlejohn.
I have been a Daily Mail reader for over thirty years but I also read the Daily Express, the Telegraph and the Daily Mirror.

If that makes me a cunt then so be it. I am quite capable of thinking for myself, as are you. We may agree on some topics and differ on others. I wouldn't have it any other way. It would be a very boring existence if we all agreed with one another.

The bottom line,is that it doesn't amount to a tray full of cat litter what I think.

I read, I absorb, I digest, and then I make an informed opinion. My informed opinion may be totally wrong but it doesn't matter because it is my personal take on whatever I have read.

19The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There are 100 billion galaxies - each with a 100 billion stars - so that is 10,000 billion stars.

If you consider that each star only as one planet circling round it (Huble spokesman guess not mine) then that is 10,000,000,000,000 planets (not to mention possible life on moons around the planets).

So there is undoubtedly life out there but I don't expect to know about it in my lifetime.

20The end of days ? Empty Re: The end of days ? Sun Jun 24 2012, 22:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT, I think there has been a fundamental misunderstanding in what we were discussing yesterday.

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Largehat, you come across as an an intelligent bloke so how the fuck do you believe that people can be fat because of emotional problems ?

Reebok Trotter wrote:
I marked you down as reasonably intelligent but HTF do you think eating more than is necessary makes you feel better ?

From this I understood it that you were denying that comfort eating exists, and that one of the reasons that some people are overweight is because they have emotional problems. Taking drugs is a great example or s similar phenomenon. Some of the people who develop drug habits or dependencies do it because of emotional problems too. Anyway, now you've cleared that up, I'm happy to move on from that discussion, I don't think we will ever fundamentally agree.

With regards to the Daily Mail and Daily Mail readers. My mother reads the Daily Mail every day. If I go to buy a newspaper I sometimes buy a Daily Mail. Reading the Daily Mail is not in itself the problem, it's when people read it and allow their views to be formulated by it that is. Foe example. my mother has a bee in her bonnet about the winter fuel payment being higher for pensioners below a certain income level (which she isn't). She resents people getting things for free. But then when I ask her if she wants elder people less well off than her to die of cold in the Winter, she doesn't want that either. There's something about the editorial policy of that newspaper that warps people's priorities, creates a sense of outrage and plays to populism and xenophobia. Other newspapers have influence too, I don't like the Guardian because it is too pro-Labour, pro-Unions, politically correct and 'trendy', but on this forum I pick up on Daily Mail readers because it seems to me that there are more people on here who display intoleranct attitudes than overly tolerant... if that makes any sense.

I'm not in a position to decide or judge to what extent people are capable of thinking for themselves on an individual basis, but most people's view of the world is formed in some part by the media they consume; it is almost inevitable.

Richard Littlejohn is a complete and utter cunt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum