Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of days ?

+8
Dunkels King
Sluffy
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Lancaster White
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Mon Jun 25 2012, 22:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote: His don't sound like the words of a genuine football person.

You may not be aware of this but he is a season ticket holder at White Hart Lane and has been an avid Spurs fan all his life.

62The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Mon Jun 25 2012, 23:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
largehat wrote: His don't sound like the words of a genuine football person.

You may not be aware of this but he is a season ticket holder at White Hart Lane and has been an avid Spurs fan all his life.

I am aware of this because I read his god-awful piece about Muamba. You know, when one of our players nearly died on the pitch, which he witnessed, and used it to have a pop at people who leave teddy bears where children have died.

RT, you or I could have written that piece in today's newspaper. There was nothing insightful or interesting or original about it.

63The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 02:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:When I was 17 I encountered an alien. No one believes anything I say on here so there's no point me telling the story, but rest assured aliens 100% exist.
people from the past still exist too,this is not a wind up either. I once owned a house in the country it stood alone with few neighbours. One night I fell asleep sitting up in bed reading with the bedside lamp on. At about 2am I woke with a start and my neck was stiff with the position I was in and I was still holding the book. I saw a monk walk through the left wall and past my bed and out through the righ hand wall. I knew I was awake and it was no dream or trick of the light.and it was not in any way scary. Story short I went to the library and discovered the house was built on the site of an old monastery.

64The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

[/quote]

RT, you or I could have written that piece in today's newspaper. There was nothing insightful or interesting or original about it.[/quote]

Don't be harsh on yourselves ! I find some of your stuff eminently readable, even if it isn't interesting, original, or insightful.Smile

65The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

AD, i agree with you,and thats a whole new thread waiting to be opened.

66The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No disrepect to Angry Dad in particular, but when people tell me they've seen a ghost, I automatically think "bullshit". I'd have to see one myself to believe they exist, no amount of empirical evidence will convince me they exist.

67The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can give you examples of not 'seeing' a ghost, but certainly being aware of when a spirit was directly behind me. Also, some hard facts concerning the haunting of my cousin in Wales some years ago, which was supported by the church, the society in London (who's name I forget, possibly Paranormal or Paraspsychology), who came and photographed the image of the spirit. and the eventual relocation of the family from the house due to items being thrown about the living room. They even managed to discover who the spirits were, and the cause of the problem. Also, what happened to my sister, in America, when my mum died in the UK.They do exist, but not everyone is aware of them.

68The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Forgot to mention, the church exorcised the spirits, but to no avail.

69The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:38

largehat wrote:No disrepect to Angry Dad in particular, but when people tell me they've seen a ghost, I automatically think "bullshit". I'd have to see one myself to believe they exist, no amount of empirical evidence will convince me they exist.

I doubt you've ever seen a fanny, but I assure you they exist.

70The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very Happy

There again, we've known you a while now Smile

71The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:

Yes, a big one is manager of Bolton Wanderers.

72The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:
largehat wrote:No disrepect to Angry Dad in particular, but when people tell me they've seen a ghost, I automatically think "bullshit". I'd have to see one myself to believe they exist, no amount of empirical evidence will convince me they exist.

I don't know what you came into this world out of, but I came out of a fanny.

73The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 15:52

largehat wrote:

So you remember being born? Don't answer that, I'm sure you'd claim to remember your conception if it pissed a few people off.

74The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 16:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

on form today BH

75The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 16:28

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Seconded.
People love to point at anecdotal evidence as though it constitutes real world evidence. It is something that bugs me more than anything else. People use it to back up psychics, alternative remedies, ghosts, aliens - you name it. It all bollocks (in my opinion based on what I know but I would never be so closed minded to say none of it is possible as I am not master of the universe - but I am pretty satisfied that most of it - perhaps all is utter tosh)

76The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 16:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Jayjay, I've never found the need to make such things up, nor do I lie, and the examples I mentioned previously are for real. Just because you have either a closed mind, or little real-world exsperience, (son't mean you personally), doesn't mean that these things dont exist, or happen. People really shouldn't be so hasty to condemn such things. Never had 'deja-vu', or known something just before it happened, or somethng happening very much like a dream you had? Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon all these things are real, and connected, the only mystery is that we don't yet know how they all join up, or how and why they manifest themselves in certain ways. I always try to keep an open mind, unless its about Bolton and Owen Coyle Very Happy

77The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The one thing i don't respond well to is when middle aged women at work who live alone with 34 cats tell me they can "see my aura"

78The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 17:37

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:Jayjay, I've never found the need to make such things up, nor do I lie, and the examples I mentioned previously are for real. Just because you have either a closed mind, or little real-world exsperience, (son't mean you personally), doesn't mean that these things dont exist, or happen. People really shouldn't be so hasty to condemn such things. Never had 'deja-vu', or known something just before it happened, or somethng happening very much like a dream you had? Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon all these things are real, and connected, the only mystery is that we don't yet know how they all join up, or how and why they manifest themselves in certain ways. I always try to keep an open mind, unless its about Bolton and Owen Coyle Very Happy

How can you say "being aware of a spirit behind me" is something I should be expected to believe or else be told I am closed minded. I think you will find the onus is upon the person making the extraordinary claim to produce extraordinary proof - not the other way around. Otherwise I may tell you that I believe a teapot orbits the moon - and I would expect you to believe me.

79The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 17:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Jayjay, there are some things that aren't provabole with the black and white evidence that you prefer. I won't continue trying to prove something that you have already decided doesn't exist. I shall carry on with my view of life and its mysteries, and you can live in your black and white one. I see no point in conversing with you, if you prefer to talk about teapots and the moon. By the way, I'm probably as cynical as you are, but I have actually seen such things happen.

80The end of days ? - Page 4 Empty Re: The end of days ? Tue Jun 26 2012, 18:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:
largehat wrote:

So you remember being born? Don't answer that, I'm sure you'd claim to remember your conception if it pissed a few people off.

Did I say I remembered being born you half-wit? Just because I don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum