Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-1 Brentford

+12
Mr Magoo
Jack Russell
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
JAH
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 19:28

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What do you expect with no wages Very Happy

42BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 19:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Live video feed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Live radio feed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

43BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 21:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-1 Brentford

IN BRIEF

Neil Danns’ second half strike earned Wanderers a deserved share of the spoils in a 1-1 draw against Brentford at Macron Stadium.

It was the visitors who drew first blood in the clash, with John Swift firing home from the edge of the box ten minutes into a first half which saw the Whites come close on numerous occasions.

The Trotters’ efforts were eventually rewarded however with 25 minutes of the clash remaining as Danns’ half-volley from a similar position eluded David Button in the Brentford goal to pull Bolton deservedly level and ultimately secure a point at the final whistle.

TEAM NEWS

There was a place in the starting line-up for both Max Clayton and Dorian Dervite, while academy graduate Rob Holding took his place amongst the substitutes for the Whites.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers started brightly with Clayton putting Button under pressure inside the opening minute of the clash, with the Brentford keeper only just clearing his line with the 21-year-old lurking.

The hosts’ work-rate continued with Shola Ameobi making himself known to the Bees’ defence early on as the Whites went in search of the opening goal of the evening.

It was certainly a feisty clash early on, with the visitors themselves attempted to force their way inside Bolton territory and they were rewarded in the tenth minute as John Swift curled the ball home from just outside the area.

A cruel goal for Wanderers to concede given their early efforts, they came within inches of equalising two minutes later with Button forced to push a superb Ameobi effort from the corner of the box over the crossbar.

Jose Casado also got in on the act meanwhile, with the Spaniard’s angled shot causing problems for the Bees’ shotstopper at his near post.

It was all Bolton as the game ran towards its quarter mark with Liam Feeney seeing a free-kick from 25 yards narrowly clear the goalmouth.

They were struggling to make any real inroads however after a promising start, with Brentford having shut up shop since opening the scoring.

It was frustrating stuff for Wanderers, but they were persevering and with each passing attack, looked to be getting that little bit closer to drawing level.

Brentford meanwhile forced a smart save out of Ben Amos, keeping Jake Bidwell’s fizzing cross out after initially parrying his effort from the left, while up the other end Darren Pratley saw his volley from just inside the box held by Button.

The visitors then saw Amos deny Lasse Vibe after the Brentford man had broken free of the Bolton defence, but it was in the midst of an injury to Clayton which saw the forward forced to limp off the field of play with 38 minutes gone.

With Bolton down to ten, Brentford almost had a second as Swift was denied at the near post by some heroics from Amos with five minutes of the half left.

Wanderers did enjoy the better chances as the half drew to a close, but their efforts were to prove fruitless at the half time whistle.

SECOND HALF

With no changes at the break for either side, the clash got back underway under the floodlights at Macron Stadium.

And it was Bolton who were enjoying chances early on, with Madine’s header being kept out by Button inside the opening minutes of the half.

Brentford were quickly on the backfoot, with Wanderers slowly making their way deeper and deeper into the visitors’ territory.

Having weathered the storm, Bidwell almost doubled the Bees’ advantage after losing his marker at the far post, only to see his cross-goal header clear the mark by inches with 55 minutes on the clock.

It was frustrating stuff for the Whites, with Brentford proving a tough nut to crack, but they were back level with 25 minutes of the game to go after Danns half-volleyed home from the edge of the box to send the Bolton faithful into raptures.

No more than Bolton deserved, Ameobi almost completed the comeback two minutes later but was unable to turn the ball home from close range through a crowded six yard box under pressure from numerous Brentford defenders.

The Bees were flustered and Wanderers were growing in confidence, with a succession of corners causing problems for Brentford.

It was all one-way traffic with Neil Lennon’s men looking more likely to snatch a second goal in the clash, although Amos was required to fall on a loose ball in the six yard box after a little hesitation from Casado under pressure.

With the game heading into its final ten minutes, there were certainly no signs of either side settling for a point with Bolton throwing men forward while Brentford were looking dangerous on the counter attack with Vibe testing Amos from 12 yards.

Stephen Dobbie was thrown into the mix with just a minute of normal time to play, with the Scot replacing Davies in the Whites’ line-up.

With three minutes of additional time indicated, Brentford saw an effort kept out at point blank range with David Wheater the hero for Bolton while a scramble in the Bees’ penalty area saw Wanderers squander an opportunity to snatch all three points as the whistle blew for full time.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

44BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 22:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a bad point all things considered. The players looked up for it, especially second half. Lack of quality upfront has let us down again

45BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos kept us in it.

46BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 22:44

The whole thing had a distinctly "reserve team going through the motions" feel about it for me.

They passed the ball well enough (far better than us) but they didn't have much up top.

When we got the equaliser via Danns' miss-hit shot, it did seem like they were there for the taking but our players simply aren't capable enough to take advantage.

Lennon looks like he's given up, Madine's openly mouthing off back to him (can you imagine that happening under Allardyce?) and the rest just look shit.

Feeney looked like the only one up for the fight tonight to me and that tells its own story.

This is far worse than the early 80's under McGovern and those of us old enough to remember all know how that panned out.

Properly, utterly shite from top to bottom and not only on the pitch.

I juts hope we've still got a team to support in 12 months.

Yes kids, it's that bad.

47BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Mon Nov 30 2015, 23:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was wonderful, but first things first.
We were lucky to draw. Mavies should have been off for that appalling tackle and his attitude up to then was desperate. Vela then clearly gave away a stonewall pen - no question IMO. Amos played like a God to keep us in it - well, a minor deity at least. Judge ran it and Brentford were the better team.
And our luck has improved.
Putting all that aside for the moment I think it's important to note:
1) They were trying very, very hard despite their weaknesses. Good efforts from the likes of old Shola and all over the park once they settled down. Definitely playing for the manager.
2) There were some nice passages of play that gave a glimmer of hope despite there being no hope
3) When Clayton was injured, Neil had a big decision to make - youngster or big unit and he went for b) Next corner we have Wheater, Dervite, Ameobi and Madine bustling around the box and causing trouble. Is the road to survival playing the way we are historically accused of?
4) As imperfect and up-against-it as they are, this squad showed some togetherness and pride in the shirt which is why I thought it was wonderful, despite the sadness and gravity of our situation.

And our luck has improved - may it continue to do so.

48BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It was wonderful, but first things first.
We were lucky to draw. Mavies should have been off for that appalling tackle and his attitude up to then was desperate. Vela then clearly gave away a stonewall pen - no question IMO. Amos played like a God to keep us in it - well, a minor deity at least. Judge ran it and Brentford were the better team.
1) They were trying very, very hard despite their weaknesses. Good efforts from the likes of old Shola and all over the park once they settled down. Definitely playing for the manager.
2) There were some nice passages of play that gave a glimmer of hope despite there being no hope
3) When Clayton was injured, Neil had a big decision to make - youngster or big unit and he went for b) Next corner we have Wheater, Dervite, Ameobi and Madine bustling around the box and causing trouble. Is the road to survival playing the way we are historically accused of?
4) As imperfect and up-against-it as they are, this squad showed some togetherness and pride in the shirt which is why I thought it was wonderful, despite the sadness and gravity of our situation.

I've honestly never read such shit. I can't believe you used the word "pride".

In the first 45 minutes the players were a fucking disgrace. I've seen more effort from dead people.

Second half they at least tried, but Brentford made the mistake of sitting back and invited us to attack them. We never looked like scoring apart from a lucky Danns shot, Madine and Ameobi are fucking useless and I'm yet to be convinced Clayton is anything other than a lightweight ponce.

Mavies is showing his true colours. People kept saying when he gets a run of games he'll be a world-beater. I think they meant panel-beater because he should seriously look at a new career. He really is fucking anonymous.

Get your lazy arse off your Norfolk armchair and get to a game and see what is really happening. Idiot.

49BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It was wonderful, but first things first.

I've honestly never read such shit. I can't believe you used the word "pride".

In the first 45 minutes the players were a fucking disgrace. I've seen more effort from dead people.

Second half they at least tried, but Brentford made the mistake of sitting back and invited us to attack them. We never looked like scoring apart from a lucky Danns shot, Madine and Ameobi are fucking useless and I'm yet to be convinced Clayton is anything other than a lightweight ponce.

Mavies is showing his true colours. People kept saying when he gets a run of games he'll be a world-beater. I think they meant panel-beater because he should seriously look at a new career. He really is fucking anonymous.

Get your lazy arse off your Norfolk armchair and get to a game and see what is really happening. Idiot.
So basically you agree with me when I wrote that they're shit but they tried hard.

50BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 12:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Amazing how infrequently Dervite's name comes up on this forum considering he's one of the most loathsomely shit players ever to play at the Reebok/Macron. The number of times in a match he just boots it out or gives it away under no pressure at all is incredible, and where you'd even start on the defending I do not know.
Gerald Cid played about five matches and some people still can't get over how bad he was. This guy has played nearly fifty and I don't get why the fans aren't all over just how bad he is. And how he keeps getting in the side.

51BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Amazing how infrequently Dervite's name comes up on this forum considering he's one of the most loathsomely shit players ever to play at the Reebok/Macron. The number of times in a match he just boots it out or gives it away under no pressure at all is incredible, and where you'd even start on the defending I do not know.
Gerald Cid played about five matches and some people still can't get over how bad he was. This guy has played nearly fifty and I don't get why the fans aren't all over just how bad he is. And how he keeps getting in the side.
It's a good point. He wasn't very effective again last night and both he and Josh Vela made plenty of mistakes (whilst Wheater and Casado were both fairly solid)
It's just that Prince and Derik have also been unreliable and Lennon is unwilling to give Alex Finney a shot so what are the alternatives?

52BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 14:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Amazing how infrequently Dervite's name comes up on this forum considering he's one of the most loathsomely shit players ever to play at the Reebok/Macron. The number of times in a match he just boots it out or gives it away under no pressure at all is incredible, and where you'd even start on the defending I do not know.

He is stricken with fear at the sight of the ball and probably gutted to see his name on the team sheet on match days.

53BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
So basically you agree with me when I wrote that they're shit but they tried hard.

Clearly you know some energetic dead people.

54BWFC 1-1 Brentford - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 Brentford Tue Dec 01 2015, 20:27

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Spot on doffcocker, Dervite couldn't give a shit, he got sent off last season in a game near the end, can't remember which one, because he couldn't be arsed and did the same earlier this season
If he gets the ball at the back he looks for a diagonal 40 yards pass that ends up a goal kick
He was too slow to close down for their goal last night, he's shit at heading, he shows no fight for the shirt, worthless French shite

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum