Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+31
Hip Priest
Leeds_Trotter
Dinae Moe Humm
Jamster26
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
Sgt. Bash
terenceanne
Bernard Dennis Park
Mr Magoo
Reebok_Rebel
Banks of the Croal
mark leach
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Mo
largehat
Dunkels King
doffcocker
Quent
gloswhite
Angry Dad
xmiles
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 00:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Great ending to current Dexter series.

262Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Great ending to current Dexter series.

Too right. I thought it was petering out into a really tame ending - just shows that 5 seconds of inspired writing can change a whole series.

I cannot wait for the next series. Brilliant.

263Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I've seen Blazing Saddles many times. I know what you're saying about the racism in it, but you have to bear in mind it is a) set in the Old West and b) a spoof. It caused a furore in its day though, as did Mel Brooks' 'The Producers', which is the funniest film ever made IMO.

Blazing Saddles is quite good for the one liners and the fart scene and in that respect is like a few Mel Brooks comedies - Young Frankenstein for example and the blind guy scene - but they're a bit dated now. The Producers on the other hand is timeless. One of the few comedies I've ever seen that almost made me piss myself. I believe there's a remake and I know that a lot of films make reference to it or just rip off ideas, but when that film came out it was a tour de force. Brilliant plot, cheesy, distasteful, camp as a row of tents, moving in parts and laugh out loud in others - pure escapist entertainment.

264Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the telly front I'm not getting much. Footie obviously, but apart from that I am making an effort to stare at the gogglebox with the missus for an hour so every now and then so tending to watch girlie stuff. The Good Wife has just finished and it was a cracking series if you like courtroom dramas and complex character relationships (which I do). Much better than the usual fare in that genre although the lead character is good, but uninspiring - which I don't mind as everything happens around her so it's a sort of sanity check role. Hit and Miss is heavyweight in terms of your standard-drama-with-a-twist and I'm just getting round to finding Chloe Sevigny attractive, despite knowing she is wearing a prosthetic cock and looks a bit like a bloke anyway. Maybe my suppressed gay side is starting to emerge after all these years? Don't think so somehow, but anyway the character nicely contrasts the vulnerability and complexity of the lead character and her adopted family with the fact that she's a ruthless cold-blooded assassin and as all the vultures gather round it's got a heavy undertone of knowing what will happen if they step over the mark. Throw in a plot that inevitably drags the innocent into her world of violence and it's one nicely done bit of telly IMO. Sevigny disappeared from mainstream stuff after American Psycho and the last time I saw her on the big screen was in Brown Bunny giving a guy a blow job (for real - it caused a bit of a row) but she's always been up for "different" roles. She simulated a BJ in the last episode of Hit and Miss so maybe that's why I'm stirring in the pants department.

265Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 18:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Hit and Miss is heavyweight in terms of your standard-drama-with-a-twist and I'm just getting round to finding Chloe Sevigny attractive, despite knowing she is wearing a prosthetic cock and looks a bit like a bloke anyway. Maybe my suppressed gay side is starting to emerge after all these years? Don't think so somehow, but anyway the character nicely contrasts the vulnerability and complexity of the lead character and her adopted family with the fact that she's a ruthless cold-blooded assassin and as all the vultures gather round it's got a heavy undertone of knowing what will happen if they step over the mark. Throw in a plot that inevitably drags the innocent into her world of violence and it's one nicely done bit of telly IMO. Sevigny disappeared from mainstream stuff after American Psycho and the last time I saw her on the big screen was in Brown Bunny giving a guy a blow job (for real - it caused a bit of a row) but she's always been up for "different" roles. She simulated a BJ in the last episode of Hit and Miss so maybe that's why I'm stirring in the pants department.

She definitely likes the sexy roles, she recently played a wife in Law & Order SVU who likes to get shagged by strangers on camera.

I enjoy Hit & Miss, but it's bloody depressing...and I can't see anything but a depressing ending.

266Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sevigny is a terrific actress, i wouldn't say she disappeared she had supporting roles in Zodiac, Melinda and Melinda by Woody Allen, she was in Broken Flowers with Bill Murray. She also did them two Lars Von trier movies and a lead role in Big Love on TV.

She was seriously good in Boys Don't Cry.

267Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 17 2012, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't know if anybody if anybody as been put off watching this film because of the film title - 'Perfume' but it is well worth a watch and is certainly not a 'chick flick'!

On BBC iplayer for the next few days -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qh059/Perfume_The_Story_of_a_Murderer/

268Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jun 18 2012, 12:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I bought ''The Grey'' on dvd yesterday and it sadly didn't live up to what I hoped, if it wasn't for Liam Neeson it would haven't even made it to the cinema IMO.

269Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jun 18 2012, 17:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Hit and Miss is heavyweight in terms of your standard-drama-with-a-twist and I'm just getting round to finding Chloe Sevigny attractive, despite knowing she is wearing a prosthetic cock and looks a bit like a bloke anyway. Maybe my suppressed gay side is starting to emerge after all these years? Don't think so somehow, but anyway the character nicely contrasts the vulnerability and complexity of the lead character and her adopted family with the fact that she's a ruthless cold-blooded assassin and as all the vultures gather round it's got a heavy undertone of knowing what will happen if they step over the mark. Throw in a plot that inevitably drags the innocent into her world of violence and it's one nicely done bit of telly IMO. Sevigny disappeared from mainstream stuff after American Psycho and the last time I saw her on the big screen was in Brown Bunny giving a guy a blow job (for real - it caused a bit of a row) but she's always been up for "different" roles. She simulated a BJ in the last episode of Hit and Miss so maybe that's why I'm stirring in the pants department.

She definitely likes the sexy roles, she recently played a wife in Law & Order SVU who likes to get shagged by strangers on camera.

I enjoy Hit & Miss, but it's bloody depressing...and I can't see anything but a depressing ending.

Knowing Paul Abbotts other work - such as Coronation Street, Children's Ward and Shameless there will be some sort of twist near the end of the series. Damn good series, so far, though!

270Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 24 2012, 09:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched A Lonely Place To Die on Sky Anytime last night. I wasn't expecting much when I realised it was a British film starring an ex-Home and Away actress but it was fantastic. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. Largehat won't like it because it has a proper ending.

271Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 24 2012, 15:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll check that out Nat I'm a big fan of Melissa George thanks for the tip.

on the "ending" debate i love both, I'm a big David Lynch fan so i love watching films with no real sense of time or place, no perfect resolution, scattered plot etc.

My favourite film is probably Mulholland Dr. The perfect film IMO.

I also love Hollywood blockbusters where everything is hunky dory at the end, I was a big fan of Super 8 recently, loved the throw back to 80's hollywood, kids having an adventure and a nice resolution.

272Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 24 2012, 16:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Super 8 was great fun, the unknown child actors they got for that film were absolutely brilliant. The train crash was one of the best action sequences I've seen in a while.

273Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 27 2012, 01:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I thought Mulholland Drive was great, possibly Lynch's best film, but Super 8 was not my kind of film. I enjoyed the spectacular OTT train crash though.

274Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Lynch will ever hit those heights again sadly.

Twin Peaks season one was masterful, Mulholland Dr. was absolute genius of the highest order.

Inland Empire was a real mess IMO, i didn't latch onto anything in that.

I like Lost Highway a lot too but it doesn't come close to Muholland Dr.

275Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 01 2012, 22:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good film on at 10.50pm on Channel 5 tonight. Lucky Number Slevin. Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Ben Kingsley in an American gangster film. It got a bit of a slating from the critics but I thought it was good with a good twist at the end.

276Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 02 2012, 12:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even though i had to be up early i started watching that RT but couldn't make it through. Wasn't that impressed by the first act and when...

(SPOILER)

Willis broke that guys neck i was completely confused.

277Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 02 2012, 13:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Managed to get 3 dvds in this weekend, 'Bronson', 'Afterlife' with liam neeson which was a strange film and 'hot tub time machine', not as bad as I thought it was going to be with some funny moments in it.

Not the worst 3 films ever but none I will be rushing home to watch again anytime soon.

278Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 02 2012, 18:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For those who like their marshmallows in a large then I can recommend this weeks episodes of ' Come Dine With Me '. It's set in Reading and one of the contestants has a gargantuan pair of hooters, and is not afraid to show them. I always thought with haute cuisine that less is more ?

This lady doesn't wear a bra, it's more of a over shoulder boulder holder.

279Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 02 2012, 19:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Lucky Number Slevin is one of my all-time favourite movies. Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Ben Kingsley, Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

280Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 02 2012, 22:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Even though i had to be up early i started watching that RT but couldn't make it through. Wasn't that impressed by the first act and when...

(SPOILER)

Willis broke that guys neck i was completely confused.

The reason why Willis broke the guys neck becomes apparent at the end of the film.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum