Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What now for Lennon?

+20
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Jack Russell
Norpig
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Moses Gate
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 03 2016, 15:52

Correct. 

I'm also behind the Soul Kitchen account.

82What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 03 2016, 17:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:There is absolutely no evidence that Lennon is a good manager. It really is that simple.

While I'd give him until the end of the season, he wouldn't be my man to get us out of League 1.

Looking back, I have to agree with this comment

83What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 03 2016, 19:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:There is absolutely no evidence that Lennon is a good manager. It really is that simple.

While I'd give him until the end of the season, he wouldn't be my man to get us out of League 1.

Looking back, I have to agree with this comment

How bout League 2  because that's were we are heading IMO. Twisted Evil

84What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Thu Mar 03 2016, 20:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

How bout League 2  because that's were we are heading IMO. Twisted Evil

We'll go down. Dean will take over. Brown will be put in charge and we'll win League 1 by the end of March.

It'll be the start of our dramatic rise up the leagues.

85What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With Phil Brown in charge the only League we'll ever win is on X-box and Playstations. He's an absolute joke of a manager imo. I know he's an ex-player for us and was very popular with the fans, I liked him in that role too but as a manager he doesn't have what it takes and appointing him would be tantamount to an admission we're happy with lower league football. Probably league Two football at that.

86What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bit harsh LPP, Browny has done a decent job at all his clubs apart from Preston

87What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:With Phil Brown in charge the only League we'll ever win is on X-box and Playstations. He's an absolute joke of a manager imo.

Yeah, got Southend promoted from League 2 on a shoestring and has them punching above their weight around the play-offs in League 1.

The only joke here is you.

88What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brown has the morals of a tom cat. He can fuck off.

89What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey Boncey has he slagged off Brucie in the past or something? Not like you to swear  Very Happy

90What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: Not like you to swear  Very Happy
Was just going to say the same thing! Very Happy

91What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 14:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've always liked Browny, he came to see me in Hospital with Tony Philliskirk many years ago and seemed like a decent down to earth fella.

92What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 15:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i've always liked Browny, he came to see me in Hospital with Tony Philliskirk many years ago and seemed like a decent down to earth fella
Probably shags around more than Lennon too, top man.

93What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 15:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a bad day at work dealing with Warrington supporters. The boss sent me home early to calm down. Very Happy

94What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 16:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have reservations about Brown.

95What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have reservations about Brown.
As do I, but we may well end up having no choice in the matter.
Lennon wants to stay and have a go at rebuilding the team but even if he was given the chance I don't think he can do it without Mjallby.

96What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:28

gloswhite wrote:I have reservations about Brown.
He has the best win ratio of any Bolton manager.

97What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And if you'd blinked, you would have missed his innings Very Happy

98What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Fri Mar 04 2016, 17:41

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Browny would be mad to take this job unless we somehow miraculously stay in the Championship next season. Which isn't happening.

Why on earth would he give up a Southend squad riding high in League 1? He already knows their strengths and weaknesses - areas he needs to improve them to further push up the league. They're clearly fully committed to him and it's working.

If he took on League 1 Bolton he would be starting with a completely unknown and deflated squad who have just released or sold all their best players. No money to spend either.

Besides, Southend are only a point off the Play-Off places. Unlikely I know but there is a possibility that they could be playing in a division above us next season. Big Sam would go nukiller if Browny went to Bolton too!

99What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be interesting to see how Lennon presents the Leeds defeat and our current situation to the media.

He could bang on about hope springing eternal and we're still in with a chance of survival - indeed he might just do that for the players benefit but it really would be an act of denial.

At some point, he has to change things up both in terms of selection and tactics and preparation for further cutbacks/life in L1 - which may mean fast-tracking our younger prospects to get experience at this level - but I can't see him doing it. He might also want to rethink what he's saying in the media and start to kick some ass.

I just think that Lennon hasn't shown us he's got anything different to give that would provoke a reaction so I'd be surprised if he made the changes that should have been made weeks ago - even now when it's pretty much too late.

Whatever he comes out with, it will be interesting and controversial.

100What now for Lennon? - Page 5 Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Sun Mar 06 2016, 12:44

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's obvious that if we stick with Lennon to the end of this season we'll be down
Some of the squad are not prepared to put 100% in for him, some players playing well below their potential.
He won't select some players because he's had a fall out with them
When the takeover goes through on Monday morning the solution is all ready there!

If Deano has got the balls to do it, put Lennon on gardening leave and manage the team himself, get a couple of loans in, get all the squad together and give them the 'Buck up or fuck off at the end of the season' speech.
Deano's been watching this shit for months he should be able to see what's wrong
Six wins from 11 games is pushing it but Holdsworth said he didn't want to get to the end of the season and wish he'd done more

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum