Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What now for Lennon?

+20
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Jack Russell
Norpig
scottjames30
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
Moses Gate
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1What now for Lennon? Empty What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 00:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How do we see this playing out? will the new owners give him a chance with a bit of money for loans? and if so do you expect him to turn it around? I doubt he can but we'll see.

2What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 00:22

At the end of the day. Minus madine and heskey the players he has at his disposal "should" be in a better position then we are. Oh and dershite as well.

Time to go. ......

3What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 00:34

Moses Gate

David Ngog
David Ngog

I can't see him getting any new funds beyond those needed to maintain the status quo. The money spent getting rid of him might be better spent elsewhere. I think he probably has enough to keep us in the Championship. Just. Summer brings new funds - hopefully season ticket renewals if we stay in the current division. Assuming all the above, we might be parting company come June.

4What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 01:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We bring a new manager in, all that happens is a few players get a new lease of life for a month or two before it's back to normal, and the same old people are coming up with spurious justifications for sacking him.

Maybe the honeymoon period would be enough to keep us up. But we'd only be back to square one eventually and it would keep happening until people faced the reality that the team needs rebuilding from top to bottom. I honestly think if Lennon was left with the Beehive Slimming World club to pick from we'd still have fans saying "alright they're not great, but we shouldn't be bottom of the league." I mean the squad has gotten smaller and cheaper every season since we got relegated. For how long can you keep that trend going and still have a competent team? How strong was it even to begin with?

It all smacks of people looking for excuses to sack him, as opposed to having actual reasons.

I'm not even saying Lennon is a great manager, I just don't think we'd know about it even if he was.

5What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 02:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sugar Tits and Lemon should be up all night drawing up a list of out of contract players they want to weigh for if/when the transfer embargo is lifted. Madine and Dervite can be replaced by the unemployed.

6What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 06:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Brown wants him out by Tuesday .

7What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think he will see out the season and leave whether we stay up or not.

8What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 08:39

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

I think he would be better going back to Scottish league football  Basketball

9What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 09:22

Doffy, 2 months of a new lease of life could see us avoid relegation.

10What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 10:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he may not have any choice in it, new owners often means a new manager

11What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 10:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:Doffy, 2 months of a new lease of life could see us avoid relegation.

Yes I made that point too, but don't you see that that's exactly the impact Lennon had, yet here everybody stands saying he couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Be honest, if a new manager came in and kept us up, people would be on here, kissing his arse like there's no tomorrow. Anybody with any criticism for him would be shot right down. Then a few months later, it would be back to reality, and the exact same people who wouldn't have a bad word said about him before would be the first ones on here calling him clueless and tactically inept and tactically naïve and all the usual bollocks.

We could keep going round in circles like that forever and some people would never accept that we'd be just as well in the long term spending what little money we've got on the team.

12What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 10:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree up to a point Doffy, but if a manager is clearly struggling and can't motivate or coach the team to do better then what's the point keeping him? How long do you have to struggle for before saying enough is enough?

13What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:20

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have no problem with lennon, I like the man. Given funds he would do well in my opinion.

14What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Judge a manager on the players he brings in. He's brought in, what, 20 or so players who have all been shit. Not average, but shit. The defenders especially have been woeful.

Yes, he has no money. That doesn't mean you have to bring in shite. You'd expect even an average manager to bring in one or two gems out of those 20 players.

The simple fact is he spent his only other managerial job buying anyone he wanted from the league he was managing in. If Hearts had a good player, he bought him. Not exactly difficult is it.

But in the Championship and League 1 he's going to have to identify rough talent, or cheap buys that will step up in quality. Can he do it? Unlikely.

15What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote: Given funds he would do well in my opinion.

Anyone can manage a club with "funds".

Lennon isn't going to get funds and he's already shown how clueless he is on a tiny budget.

We need an experienced League 1/Championship manager to get us out of this shit.

16What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He must stay. He'd do very well with a decent side, as he was proving until he had to cut costs and let go of players like chungy.

We've struggled this season as he's had no money for transfer fees and very little money for wages. I'm sorry but anyone is going to find it difficult to improve the side.

17What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:37

The thing is we aren't going to have money to spend still. So what we need is a manager who will get the best out of what we have and thus so far he has proved incapable of doing that. The team is never settled. They aren't motivated one bit. The current squad is capable of more than is being achieved therefore lennon isn't doing his job

18What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i agree up to a point Doffy, but if a manager is clearly struggling and can't motivate or coach the team to do better then what's the point keeping him? How long do you have to struggle for before saying enough is enough?

I agree but do you not think it puts it into perspective that we've had three managers on the trot now who seemed great at motivating players initially, but ultimately couldn't motivate them at all?

Is it that we're just really unlucky or are managers that can keep a team motivated long term a lot harder to come by than one might think? Obviously Ferguson seemed to always get 110% out of his players but even there you could argue that he always had world class talent to work with, unlike the hundreds of journeymen we've had at Bolton this last five years or so.

19What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes, he has no money. That doesn't mean you have to bring in shite. You'd expect even an average manager to bring in one or two gems out of those 20 players.

Well to be fair I seem to remember Marcos Alonso being every bit as disastrous as Derik Osede, and he went on to be probably our best player at one point.

20What now for Lennon? Empty Re: What now for Lennon? Tue Feb 23 2016, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I agree but do you not think it puts it into perspective that we've had three managers on the trot now who seemed great at motivating players initially, but ultimately couldn't motivate them at all?

You need to show me evidence that Lennon can work on a tight budget.

The simple answer is you can't.

Going off the evidence, and the evidence alone, you'd be a bellend to suggest anything other than he is clueless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum