Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennon take a bow

+5
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
jussi22
White84
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lennon take a bow Empty Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 17:37

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This guy has taken us from below Blackpool to if we won today we would have gone 9 th.
As it happens we are 15 th.
Our home record W 5 D 1 L 0 away W 2D 2 L 3.
Same team Freedman had.
Bringing in Eidur n Heskey master stroke as Craig Davies is injured and we have no forwards.
We have taken no beatings like Forest 1-3 at home to Birmingham,Cardiff 2-4 to Watford they are 2 points above us we are gutted as we were 1-0 up and fatigue probably cost us,a mistake by Trotter.
A loss was going to come eventually but it's wins that pull you up the Leauge.
So although we are pissed in all reality Lennon will have his men he wants.

2015 Leeds at home next up it's still possible.
Lennon has got 110% out of the players some added loans whatever I think we are still in it.
A goalscorer essential Powell come on down.

:COYW: 2015

2Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 17:53

I agree (with the points i understand)

3Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 18:03

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

He's certainly moved us up the table since Dougie left.

4Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The good news for Lennon was that Freedman was so dire that he'd left us bottom of the league. It was virtually impossible for Lennon to be any worse.

The fact is he's a motivator and not much else. The desperate signings of Heskey and Eidur have shown how clueless he is.

The worst result for us today was Leicester winning, if they'd lost at Hull Lennon would have been off and we'd have been spared the truth about his long term mismanagement.

5Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 18:41

Natasha Whittam wrote:The good news for Lennon was that Freedman was so dire that he'd left us bottom of the league. It was virtually impossible for Lennon to be any worse.

The fact is he's a motivator and not much else. The desperate signings of Heskey and Eidur have shown how clueless he is.

The worst result for us today was Leicester winning, if they'd lost at Hull Lennon would have been off and we'd have been spared the truth about his long term mismanagement.
Bellend

6Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Sun Dec 28 2014, 18:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The good news for Lennon was that Freedman was so dire that he'd left us bottom of the league. It was virtually impossible for Lennon to be any worse.

Laughing

7Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 11:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has got a lot out of the same shit players that saw Freedman off and by dominating midfield his system has provided enough cover for our shaky defence to make them look OK. But yesterday we ceded the midfield and our defence was exposed again and we could see what they are really like again.
It could have been tiredness (although Hudds have played the same number of games) but what worries me is that having gone a goal up from the start, they adopted the same lazy attitude that Freedman couldn't turn around. 
Until yesterday I couldn't question the players attitude and effort under Lennon - now I have to.

8Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:17

Im a big fan of Lennon and I think he'll take the club forward but let's face it, had Freedman picked that team yesterday he'd have been battered for it and the same can be said for a lot of actions Lennon's made so far - anyone remember the abuse for not playing 2 strikers at every home game?

Losing yesterday was a disappointment, but it should make us a little more realistic. We're going to need at least 3 decent reinforcements in January if we hope to get near to the play offs. His motivation of the squad has been excellent but now he needs to show he can add to it on what I'd imagine is a shoe string budget.

9Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: His motivation of the squad has been excellent but now he needs to show he can add to it on what I'd imagine is a shoe string budget.

Motivation only gets you so far. He needs to add some quality to the squad, and not bloody rejects from the Hipster league.

10Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its our first defeat in 9 games, give them a break  :facepalm:

11Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:its our first defeat in 9 games, give them a break  :facepalm:

I'm happy to break their legs.

12Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:46

We should have got Gary Rowett

13Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 12:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

No

14Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 13:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we'd lost against Huddersfield last season, I'd have been over it in five minutes.

I can honestly say I was gutted we lost yesterday.

Thanks Neil.

15Lennon take a bow Empty Re: Lennon take a bow Mon Dec 29 2014, 14:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No real complaints after losing one in eight.  Wish we had lost to a better team than Huddersfield though. I notice they had 24 shots yesterday which is certainly back to Doogie type stats. We will drop to 16th if Fulham wins their game today.....so forget about top six just yet.  The focus is on midtable safety.  Excellent job by Lennon so far IMO. Can't ask for more until he can get some of his own boys in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum