Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle sacked again!

+20
xmiles
rammywhite
terenceanne
Keegan
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
scottjames30
bryan458
Boggersbelief
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 13:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only wanderlust could defend sammy lee as a manager haha

82Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Only wanderlust could defend sammy lee as a manager haha

You think 11 games is enough time for a manager?

83Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 13:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only way is up for Owen

Up to Scotland.

84Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Was there any evidence at all that Lee knew what he was doing? He hasn't exactly covered himself with managerial glory since has he?

85Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Forgot about you

86Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it i remember rightly there wasn't any dissenting voices when little Sam took over as we all believed he would carry on the good work of Big Sam but he wanted to do his own thing and rushed into it.

11 games wasn't enough but it was the first time we'd been in trouble for a few years and Gartside panicked and sacked him

87Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11 games was enough, he clearly had no clue. We'd have been relegated that season had he stayed

88Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:it i remember rightly there wasn't any dissenting voices when little Sam took over as we all believed he would carry on the good work of Big Sam but he wanted to do his own thing and rushed into it.

11 games wasn't enough but it was the first time we'd been in trouble for a few years and Gartside panicked and sacked him

How many games would have been enough? Lee didn't know what he was doing and was clearly out of his depth. What has he done since?

89Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 14:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't disagree xmiles, his main problem as i've pointed out is that he tried to change the way we played for years almost overnight and it didn't work.

He is probably best as an assistant manager or coach

90Owen Coyle sacked again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! Wed Feb 22 2017, 15:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i don't disagree xmiles, his main problem as i've pointed out is that he tried to change the way we played for years almost overnight and it didn't work.

He is probably best as an assistant manager or coach
:agree:
Not having a clue would be Roy McFarland who had twice as many games as Lee and still didn't get it right which is why he has a worse record than Lee.

I actually wish Lee had been given longer because you could see he wanted to play flowing football and the squad was just not fit enough and generally too old to play that style but it could easily have been sorted out given time - especially if he'd been given the money that was lavished on Megson instead.

But because PG panicked we ended up playing the exact opposite of what Lee was trying to achieve - Megson's brand of defensive crap that was possibly the most boring football I have ever witnessed.

As I said at the time, be careful what you wish for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum