Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul

+5
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Tue Jun 28 2016, 22:54

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote: Why is encouraging political reformation a bad thing?

It isn't, but sending them our money whilst they are still persecuting the Kurds is a bad thing.

22Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Tue Jun 28 2016, 22:57

Very fair point.

23Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Wed Jun 29 2016, 09:07

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:The EU signed a deal to give Turkey €3 billion euros (of which we'd have contributed £250m) to support Syrian refugees there and try and stop the flow to Greece. Our contribution counted towards our 0.7% aid commitment. Considering the pathetic numbers this government have taken in contributing financially is the least we could do.

You may be getting mixed up with the €4.5 billion euros the EU committed to Turkey (alongside other states including Albania, Serbia and Montonegro) in 2014 as part of the their development fund paid over a 7 year period. Why is encouraging political reformation a bad thing?
And along with this they dangled the carrot of EU membership and visa free travel for Turks within the EU.
My belief is the EU put that on the table as an incentive to get the Turks to agree to the refugees, but the way Turkey is now there is no way it would be allowed in.

24Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Wed Jun 29 2016, 10:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:The EU signed a deal to give Turkey €3 billion euros (of which we'd have contributed £250m) to support Syrian refugees there and try and stop the flow to Greece. Our contribution counted towards our 0.7% aid commitment. Considering the pathetic numbers this government have taken in contributing financially is the least we could do.

You may be getting mixed up with the €4.5 billion euros the EU committed to Turkey (alongside other states including Albania, Serbia and Montonegro) in 2014 as part of the their development fund paid over a 7 year period. Why is encouraging political reformation a bad thing?

Well that's why we had the vote. I don't want my money spent on another country because they treat their citizens like shit, I think it's fair they pay themselves to get their own house in order.  

obviously most voting remain think that's money well spent.

25Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Wed Jun 29 2016, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Well that's why we had the vote. I don't want my money spent on another country because they treat their citizens like shit, I think it's fair they pay themselves to get their own house in order.  

obviously most voting remain think that's money well spent.

So you think that British taxpayers shouldn't pay money to keep immigrants out of the UK? 

I suppose that's consistent with abandoning our first line of defence against excessive immigration - the EU - on the basis that we have to pay some of the costs.

Personally I hope Turkey does join the EU or at least further it's connections with the West as it's the only secular Muslim state that has credibility in the war against ISIS and could be - with some reform - the best ally the Western alliance could have in the prevention of terrorism.

26Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul  - Page 2 Empty Re: Suicide bomb attack in Istanbul Wed Jun 29 2016, 16:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haha you must be joking. They support the Isis oil trade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum