Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

forum crazies

+4
Quent
Natasha Whittam
TheHateCamel
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1forum crazies Empty forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:19

i think this might be the first thread i've ever started so bear with me!

i'm quite new to football forums, this was the first one i registered with so that's about 6 months or so. but in that time i've realised that forums are inhabited by mainly crazy people! not everyone is mental, but a huge percentage have issues. you wouldn't think we all support the same team would you. for example, over the last few weeks i've been swaping a few private messages with a member on here, just a bit of harmless flirting. then out of the blue he accuses me of being natasha and goes off on one.

a few weeks previous i get a message from a member telling me he's scoured the internet and is convinced my avatar photo isn't me. does it really matter, and more importantly, how much time has he spent looking for my photo on the internet?? then you've got tales of hookers being held hostage in the boot of a ford focus, ladyboys fighting in pubs, a nigerian "scout" being paid by this site to send footage of men playing football on a dirt track, and threats of violence at every turn.

it really is a crazy forum, are they all like this? i think i'm addicted though Very Happy

2forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, It's pretty easy to establish why.

If you read a novel or watch a film, i bet more "crazy" stuff happens in it than during your day today.

3forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:26

I don't post much but I love reading sites like these, there really is a diverse mix of characters and egos.

4forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:31

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I get pretty frustrated at times with the amount of in-fighting on here if I'm honest. The spat between Ms. Whittam and Mr. Hat is particularly tiresome. But then it's kind of the raison d'etre of internet forums. My mum complains of the same sort of thing on the Archers forums on the BBC website. Who'd have thought that an ordinary tale of everyday folk would provoke that kind of bile?

As for trading private messages with an unnamed member, I'd watch out for that Quent if I were you. He's a funny bloke by his own admission. If you ever hear a voice behind you saying, "Does this smell of chloroform to you?" , I'd run.

5forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:32

TheHateCamel wrote: I get pretty frustrated at times with the amount of in-fighting on here if I'm honest. The spat between Ms. Whittam and Mr. Hat is particularly tiresome.

I bring good news then Camel, Largehat has left the site. It's a shame as I enjoyed his posts, but life goes on.

6forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:48

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Has he really? That's a shame, I do enjoy his posts when he's not arguing the finer points of the semantics of debating processes with Whitters.

I'm sure he'll be posting in other places though as I do.

7forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:49

Yeah, hopefully he'll return soon.

8forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Passi wrote:
I bring good news then Camel, Largehat has left the site. It's a shame as I enjoyed his posts, but life goes on.

Ha ha, I presume he e-mailed the mods to let them know he was leaving, bloody attention seeker. Makes me laugh out loud when people announce they are leaving a forum, it's the equivalent of slamming a door on your way out.

I'll miss some of his posts, but he had started abusing virtually everyone on the site so perhaps it's for the best he moved on. It means there's now a space on my boat for the Burnley trip.

9forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 12:24

Yes, this site is full of Bolton crazies. But you have to be crazy to live in Bolton so it's no surprise is it.

10forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 12:29

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

TheHateCamel wrote:
As for trading private messages with an unnamed member, I'd watch out for that Quent if I were you. He's a funny bloke by his own admission. If you ever hear a voice behind you saying, "Does this smell of chloroform to you?" , I'd run.

Stop giving away my dating secrets.

11forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 14:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote: I'd watch out for that Quent if I were you. He's a funny bloke by his own admission. If you ever hear a voice behind you saying, "Does this smell of chloroform to you?" , I'd run.

Sound advice.

12forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 14:35

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
a few weeks previous i get a message from a member telling me he's scoured the internet and is convinced my avatar photo isn't me. does it really matter, and more importantly, how much time has he spent looking for my photo on the internet??

It doesn't take long to find out where a photo has come from on the internet, takes less than a minute. I'm guessing whoever sent you the message fancy's the girl in your avatar and was disappointed it isn't you.

13forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 17:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

OneOinCoyle wrote:
not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
a few weeks previous i get a message from a member telling me he's scoured the internet and is convinced my avatar photo isn't me. does it really matter, and more importantly, how much time has he spent looking for my photo on the internet??

It doesn't take long to find out where a photo has come from on the internet, takes less than a minute. I'm guessing whoever sent you the message fancy's the girl in your avatar and was disappointed it isn't you.

True, but I'd be more worried about being accused of being Natasha.

14forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 17:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

True, but I'd be more worried about being accused of being Natasha.

That made me laugh. But it hurt me deep down.

15forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Sun Jul 15 2012, 23:45

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Best thread ive read in a while, id actually like to know who this member is and what his version of the story was too... Funny.

There is actually a lot if total not-rights on bloody forums...

16forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Mon Jul 16 2012, 19:47

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Best thread ive read in a while, id actually like to know who this member is and what his version of the story was too... Funny.

Are you going to tell us your version of the story then Question

17forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Tue Jul 17 2012, 00:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I think that the anonymity of forums allows people to be at their crazy best. We can all be attractive and sexy and wealthy on the internet. That's all for me from today as my secretary has other things to do than to type my random thoughts on a footy forum, such as running a champagne bath for my supermodel girlfriend and I.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18forum crazies Empty Re: forum crazies Tue Jul 17 2012, 09:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OneOinCoyle wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Best thread ive read in a while, id actually like to know who this member is and what his version of the story was too... Funny.

Are you going to tell us your version of the story then Question

I dont know what your on about...

I've only PM'd Jayne a couple of times and it was all innocent small talk really... she seems like a nice girl, im unsure as to if the pic is her or not, doubt me or anybody else will ever find out...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum