Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Blackpool (Checkatrade Trophy)

+14
King Bill
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
wanderlust
sunlight
Norpig
Bwfc1958
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

It might have only been Blackpool reserves but they still managed to have 16 shots with 4 on target compared with our 12 shots with 2 on target. We shouldn't be allowing a League 2 reserve team to have that many shots on goal.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They had a couple of good spells, but I always think the shots / shots on target stats do not tell the whole story, often hitting the corner flag counts as a shot off target.

We looked comfortable at the back and I can only recall two instances when they troubled us, one which led to a good save from Alnwick and the other which looked like a mad scramble in the last 10 mins (couldn't quite see it all as I had left my glasses in the car).

On balance we deserved to win the game, but we certainly didn't put them to the sword or deserve to win by a healthy margin, what was good to see was Parkinson on the side line encouraging Ameobi to break wide and support Taylor when we had the ball, it seems that he has a plan and wants more from the players going forward, but the speed at which we play is pedestrian at best and also needs working on, we allowed them too much time to get men behind the ball.

A few times last night we looked to switch the play with a long diagonal but we then messed around with the ball and allowed blackpool to get bodies back, we are very much a work in progress but it is going to take time.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

:clap:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The people who went to this game are selfish. It's people like you that have let football get to the state it's in.

Stop being a sheep and grow a pair. No one wants this competition except the big Prem teams, by going last night you are justifying the decision to include reserve teams.

Idiots.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:The people who went to this game are selfish. It's people like you that have let football get to the state it's in.

Stop being a sheep and grow a pair. No one wants this competition except the big Prem teams, by going last night you are justifying the decision to include reserve teams.

Idiots.

By going last night I got to spend quality time with one of my kids after a long day at work, I was not Justifying anything, neither do I feel the need to justify my attendance to you.

Respectfully having grown a pair.

Fab.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Armchair now safely reinstalled in Norfolk but too late for this game unfortunately. Not quite sure why Derik wasn't given a shot in midfield where he is needed although that may be due to his tendency to look for a forward pass.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

By going last night I got to spend quality time with one of my kids after a long day at work, I was not Justifying anything, neither do I feel the need to justify my attendance to you.

Respectfully having grown a pair.

Fab.

You could have done anything with your kid, poor excuse.

Sometimes you just have to stand up to the big boys and make your point.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

I think supporters up and down the country are making their point. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sometimes you just have to stand up to the big boys and make your point.
Not sure how calling people idiots helps or who the 'big boys' you are standing up to are; perhaps the Football league?

But I am sure your protest has sent shockwaves through the footballing world effectively making your point.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
But I am sure your protest has sent shockwaves through the footballing world effectively making your point.

Embarrassing post. It's a good job Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and Ghandi didn't have your attitude.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have you seriously just lumped Malcolm X and Gandhi together in the same bracket?

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Embarrassing post. It's a good job Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and Ghandi didn't have your attitude.

Perhaps I am merely suggesting your (and others) protest needs a bit more thought, don't think any of those you mention called people of a differing opinion idiots or stayed at home.

Not sure the gravitas of the issue also warrants the comparison you make, but I'm sure that comparing a bloke and his kid attending a football game to struggles for independence and equality is not embarrassing to you in the least.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Perhaps I am merely suggesting your (and others) protest needs a bit more thought, don't think any of those you mention called people of a differing opinion idiots or stayed at home.

Not sure the gravitas of the issue also warrants the comparison you make, but I'm sure that comparing a bloke and his kid attending a football game to struggles for independence and equality is not embarrassing to you in the least.
You're right. Football is far more important than that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Have you seriously just lumped Malcolm X and Gandhi together in the same bracket?

Yes. And I'm going to add John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Perhaps I am merely suggesting your (and others) protest needs a bit more thought, don't think any of those you mention called people of a differing opinion idiots or stayed at home.

If no one turned up for the games then the competition would be scrapped. It really is that simple.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Perhaps I am merely suggesting your (and others) protest needs a bit more thought, don't think any of those you mention called people of a differing opinion idiots or stayed at home.

If no one turned up for the games then the competition would be scrapped. It really is that simple.

So your aim is to scrap a completion which as a youngster gave me one of my fondest memories, the '89 final?

As I said perhaps you need to think this through more.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hang on......

It's not the Freight Rover, is it?

That changes everything.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:So your aim is to scrap a completion which as a youngster gave me one of my fondest memories, the '89 final?

Back then it was a proper competition, no reserve teams from the top division.

The competition in its current state is meaningless, good people are trying to get it back to the competition it once was, but people who insist on going are undoing all their hard work.

Scabs.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:So your aim is to scrap a completion which as a youngster gave me one of my fondest memories, the '89 final?

Back then it was a proper competition, no reserve teams from the top division.

The competition in its current state is meaningless, good people are trying to get it back to the competition it once was, but people who insist on going are undoing all their hard work.

Scabs.

You seem to be flipping between scrapping the competition and changing it so I will let that and the Scabs comment go.

Not sure how people going to a game is undoing peoples hard work, staying away is not hard work, putting together a reasoned case for change is what will ultimately make a difference.

Support for that argument can be demonstrated by more than just not turning up on the night of a game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

You seem to be flipping between scrapping the competition and changing it so I will let that and the Scabs comment go.

Not sure how people going to a game is undoing peoples hard work, staying away is not hard work, putting together a reasoned case for change is what will ultimately make a difference.

Support for that argument can be demonstrated by more than just not turning up on the night of a game.

I'm not flipping anything, except my middle finger at you scabs.

I don't want the comp scrapped, just the reserve teams removed. People have been asked to boycott games to make sure this happens next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum