Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bury 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #83

+19
King Bill
Keegan
rammywhite
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
Bread2.0
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
whatsgoingon
scottjames30
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Norpig
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:If you take the penalties away, we didn't look like scoring? Yes we did Nat

Ameobe opened then up early on. Clough had two scoring chances, square it to Vela and it's in.

Proctor missed a sitter after a good move.  If you say our finishing was not up to scratch then fair enough but we did make plenty of chances.

You miss my point, I'm not saying we don't create, I'm saying these useless forwards never look like scoring. I bet we've had ten 1-on-1's with the keeper this season and scored none.

wessy wrote:Not long ago PP was a bellend we couldn't defend and all his signings were pants.

Well 5 games without conceding, 28 points, second in the table, despite all the problems, seems he knows what he is doing after all.

We are playing extremely well without the ball, closing down and keeping it tight, we need to improve our passing but lets enjoy this good spell.

I said his signings were shit apart from Beevers. And that's still true.

We're where we are mainly down to Beevers, Wheater, and Spearing.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:If you take the penalties away, we didn't look like scoring? Yes we did Nat

Ameobe opened then up early on. Clough had two scoring chances, square it to Vela and it's in.

Proctor missed a sitter after a good move.  If you say our finishing was not up to scratch then fair enough but we did make plenty of chances.

You miss my point, I'm not saying we don't create, I'm saying these useless forwards never look like scoring. I bet we've had ten 1-on-1's with the keeper this season and scored none.

wessy wrote:Not long ago PP was a bellend we couldn't defend and all his signings were pants.

Well 5 games without conceding, 28 points, second in the table, despite all the problems, seems he knows what he is doing after all.

We are playing extremely well without the ball, closing down and keeping it tight, we need to improve our passing but lets enjoy this good spell.

I said his signings were shit apart from Beevers. And that's still true.

We're where we are mainly down to Beevers, Wheater, and Spearing.
I like Howard.  His distribution in particular is quality.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bury 0-2 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Wanderers secured the derby bragging rights with a comfortable victory over neighbours Bury at Gigg Lane on Monday night.

Phil Parkinson’s side took the lead in the 13th minute of the clash with Zach Clough winning a penalty and converting it himself – a feat which he repeated ten minutes into the second half to double the Trotters’ advantage and his own tally for the evening.

There were even chances for the Whites to extend their lead inside the closing stages, but it was irrelevant at the final whistle as they made it five wins and as many clean sheets on the spin.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made just the one change to the side who beat Millwall last time out with Derik Osede replacing the injured Tom Thorpe.

Neil Danns and Niall Maher meanwhile lined up against their former employers.

FIRST HALF

The game began in combative fashion, with both sides visibly up for the fight from the off.

And it was Bolton who looked the more likely inside the opening stages, with the Shakers under pressure from the outset as the Whites looked to make their mark on the clash.

Bury had struggled to even get out of their own half inside the first ten minutes and did enjoy a half chance from a corner, but right from the counter attack Bolton earned themselves the perfect opportunity to take the lead from the penalty spot.

Clough powered downfield, with the academy graduate being upended in the area by Maher to win his side a spot-kick which he duly dispatched.

Deserved given their early exploits, it was almost two shortly after as Clough sprung free of the Bury defence, but his eventual shot was deflected over the crossbar by his former academy teammate Maher.

The tempo of the game became a little tepid thereafter, although the Shakers did find a little more space with Danns firing a free-kick from 20 yards into the Bolton wall with Greg Leigh’s rebound effort high and wide just after the half hour mark.

With the clock ticking down to the break however, Mark Beevers had to be on his guard to sneak the ball away from Maher with the former Bolton man in on goal and only the keeper to beat.

As the half time whistle drew ever near, the Shakers threw men forward but Bolton’s defence stood firm to make sure the lead was maintained at the end of the first 45.

SECOND HALF

With no changes at the break, proceedings restarted and Sammy Ameobi almost doubled Bolton’s advantage immediately, only to see Ben Williams palm away his thunderous effort from 20 yards.

The hosts however then enjoyed a period of pressure, with Bolton having to withstand a wave of attacks down the left flank which they soaked up with ease.

And as before, Wanderers hit the Shakers on the counter attack with Clough again winning a spot-kick with 55 minutes on the clock.

This time in front of the travelling supporters, the little man showed all the composure in the world to again slot the ball past Williams from 12 yards to send the Bolton fans into raptures.

Wanderers, visibly not keen to settle on just two, pushed forward in a bid to extend their lead even further with Ameobi flashing an effort just wide of the upright on the hour mark.

The Shakers just couldn’t get a foothold in proceedings though, while Clough almost had a hat-trick in the 72nd minute only for the Bury keeper to push his shot round the post.

It wasn’t to be the dream conclusion for the academy graduate either as he was replaced by James Henry with 13 minutes remaining.

Jamie Proctor meanwhile, another substitute, spurned a glorious chance to put the game to bed moments later after collecting Henry’s cut-back, only to see his shot trickle agonisingly wide of the goalmouth.

The remainder of the game meanwhile passed without much action of note, with Wanderers happy to keep proceedings on the down-low as they ran out comfortable winners at the final whistle.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought it was a cracking game last night. Apart from the two penalties Clough could have had a hat trick and Procter missed a sitter. There was a crowd of 8,000 and we had 3,000 tickets yet we outsang them all night. Our keeper didn't have one save of note to make all game. More of the same on Saturday please!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I didn't go last night pig, was there a lot of Bolton fans in the Bury ends
 not that i could tell, i'm sure there must have been but there was so many Bolton fans anyway we took over  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig didn't see the game, he bought a ticket for the wrong game.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was there, i bet you weren't

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just watched the highlights again, on the chance that Clough missed on the breakaway was that the best through ball that Danns has ever played through to a Bolton striker.
Also something that is apparent, Clough seems to have a real swagger and confidence about him at the moment which is a good thing for a striker to have.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing for me is that our strikers Madine in particular don't attack the ball from crosses into the box.

You watch closely whenever a cross comes into the box Madine always is behind a defender, not making space for himself or even attempting to get onto the ball.

Ok he wins headers in the final third, but as a striker he is not doing his job at the business end of the pitch, all in all he's a gutless shithouse of a player.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Thing for me is that our strikers Madine in particular don't attack the ball from crosses into the box.

You watch closely whenever a cross comes into the box Madine always is behind a defender, not making space for himself or even attempting to get onto the ball.

Ok he wins headers in the final third, but as a striker he is not doing his job at the business end of the pitch, all in all he's a gutless shithouse of a player.
Very Happy that post started like an informed football critique and degenerated into a Nat rant, all within 1 post - nice

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

whatsgoingon wrote:Just watched the highlights again, on the chance that Clough missed on the breakaway was that the best through ball that Danns has ever played through to a Bolton striker.
Also something that is apparent, Clough seems to have a real swagger and confidence about him at the moment which is a good thing for a striker to have.

Agreed, although Clough missing with only Maher to beat is a bit embarrassing.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair comment but all strikers miss chances, hopefully 4 in 2 will grow his confidence more because he's shown he can do it

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need a BEL, come on Nat you know it makes sense.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i was there, i bet you weren't

I had a ticket for a seat that existed.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i was there, i bet you weren't

I had a ticket for a seat that existed.
Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

prove it Nat  Very Happy

Mine was for the main stand row H seat 170 (but there is no 170)

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:prove it Nat  Very Happy

There probably is, but you were unlucky enough to get a seat next to Nat, who obviously took up two seats.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:prove it Nat  Very Happy

There probably is, but you were unlucky enough to get a seat next to Nat, who obviously took up two seats.
Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's not funny.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:That's not funny.
It must be Norpig put a smiley face on it