Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clearing the Jungle

+7
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
Bread2.0
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Clearing the Jungle Empty Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 14:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

French police have started evacuating the 7000 or so migrants living in "the Jungle" (article) and are bussing some out to other refugee centres in France, however I notice that there are only 60 buses being used so even if they are 72 seaters that's only 4320 seats so what's happening with the others?
After Sangatte was closed most of the refugees set up new camps around Calais and new refugees continued to arrive, so do you think that dismantling the camp will make any difference?
I just think that a percentage of refugees will have set their hearts on coming to Britain whether it's due to having family/friends here or simply that they were taught English in school and will rock up at Calais anyway so a new squat will be created. Anyone think that clearing the Jungle will be anything other than a short-term fix?

2Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 14:34

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have you considered the crazy possibility that the buses may actually make more than one trip each?

Just putting that out there.

3Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 14:36

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Or they might be bigger buses.

4Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 15:52

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I read about this at the weekend and had to laugh after all the stick Trump has had about building the wall between the US and Mexico, finding out our government is paying £1.2m to build one in Calais.
Also it showed pictures of some of the "children" coming over here, most of the ones shown must be in their 20's at least, we really are an easy target.

5Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 15:56

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DEANO82 wrote:Or they might be bigger buses.
Or the other 3000 or so will wait till the busses are setting off and then climb into the back of them and hide.

6Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bread2.0 wrote:Have you considered the crazy possibility that the buses may actually make more than one trip each?

Just putting that out there.

Laughing

7Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If people have really fled the conflict in Syria (and most of those at Calais seem to be from various African countries) why are they so keen to get to Britain? They have to have travelled through at least two other EU countries where they could claim asylum.

8Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The same reason half of Eastern Europe came here when they joined the EU, we're a soft touch

9Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:48

whatsgoingon wrote:I read about this at the weekend and had to laugh after all the stick Trump has had about building the wall between the US and Mexico, finding out our government is paying £1.2m to build one in Calais.
Also it showed pictures of some of the "children" coming over here, most of the ones shown must be in their 20's at least, we really are an easy target.

Post the pictures you're referring to a most the Mail have printed have since been revealed as ones of Iraqi translators and nothing to do with child refugees.

10Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:49

whatsgoingon wrote:The same reason half of Eastern Europe came here when they joined the EU, we're a soft touch

The Eastern Europeans might have come for the prosperous economy and work rather than our (previously) tolerant attitude towards migrants. 

Everything you read in the Mail isn't gospel WGO.

11Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But do you think that clearing this camp will change things? Currently we have a deal with France that allows our Immigration people to "process" refugees on French soil so undesirables they detect never make it to the UK, but the French has made it clear that it will stop when we leave the EU. What that means in practice I don't know. Presumably if there is no "pre-clearance" then refugees could just buy a ticket for the ferry and our lot will have to process them once they arrive in the UK? Either way, if the Sangatte experience is anything to go by, it won't stop refugees massing at our borders - wherever the borders happen to be - and it wouldn't be surprising if loads of them are the ones that were in the Jungle.

12Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 17:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:Or they might be bigger buses.
Or the other 3000 or so will wait till the busses are setting off and then climb into the back of them and hide.

Very Happy

13Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 17:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:I read about this at the weekend and had to laugh after all the stick Trump has had about building the wall between the US and Mexico, finding out our government is paying £1.2m to build one in Calais.

Post the pictures you're referring to a most the Mail have printed have since been revealed as ones of Iraqi translators and nothing to do with child refugees.

BWFC19874 enquiries revealed that there was no record of the Iraqi translator as was first reported. Ask Gary Lineker if you don't believe me.

14Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Mon Oct 24 2016, 18:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:But do you think that clearing this camp will change things? Currently we have a deal with France that allows our Immigration people to "process" refugees on French soil so undesirables they detect never make it to the UK, but the French has made it clear that it will stop when we leave the EU. What that means in practice I don't know. Presumably if there is no "pre-clearance" then refugees could just buy a ticket for the ferry and our lot will have to process them once they arrive in the UK? Either way, if the Sangatte experience is anything to go by, it won't stop refugees massing at our borders - wherever the borders happen to be - and it wouldn't be surprising if loads of them are the ones that were in the Jungle.

No- I think its a temporary solution and numbers will build up again. I think we'll see congregations of asylum seekers in other ports such as Dunquerke, Dieppe and Boulogne build up. This problem is far from solved.

15Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 00:43

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems a tad racist calling it a jungle, considering the people involved.

I used to get dug out for going to the 'paki' shop.

I now call it the descendants of the Indian sub-continent shop.

16Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 07:31

Seems like a mouthful, why not just call it a 'shop'?

17Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 07:32

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

BWFC19874 enquiries revealed that there was no record of the Iraqi translator as was first reported. Ask Gary Lineker if you don't believe me.

Sorry I don't follow, there were no Iraqi translators?

18Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 07:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Seems like a mouthful, why not just call it a 'shop'?

Because he's a racist

19Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 08:55

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:

There were quite a lot of them and why were they covering their faces, this is an interesting article (not by the mail although I'm sure 1874 will discredit it as it doesn't fit his rhetoric), where it shows the hiding behind children status is very much a relevant topic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/22/revealed-the-missed-warnings-over-child-refugees/

20Clearing the Jungle Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 08:58

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Honestly I'm 16, I've just lost my student card and I'm also here to interpret for the Iraqi's
Clearing the Jungle Z

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum