Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clearing the Jungle

+7
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
Bread2.0
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 10:34

I don't dispute it's a relevant topic - although the real issue is our embarrassingly little support to solve the current refugee crisis. That article doesn't prove a jot of what you claim though and neither does people covering their faces so they aren't splashed all over the tabloid press. Imagine if you got recognised as one of the foreigners coming to 'bleed this country dry' as the tabloids are characterising them, a load of trouble it's not worth.

Post the pictures you're referring to anyway.

22Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I don't dispute it's a relevant topic - although the real issue is our embarrassingly little support to solve the current refugee crisis. 
There's a table in this article that suggests that new asylum applications to the UK are relatively low in 2016 i.e. behind Germany, France, Italy, Hungary and Austria - although there's no information as to how many were successful or in obeyance.

I think the referendum process and the Government have made it clear that we are less welcoming to foreigners than we once were, that as a nation we are suspicious of each and every asylum seeker and that we are in the process of closing our doors - which should have the effect of reducing applications to those who have a specific interest in coming to Britain.

23Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 11:55

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know if it's selective photography or editing but every picture and the video show fit healthy young men, there isn't a woman or a child on there, All men in their twenties or thirties.
Where are all the women and children?

24Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 11:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:It seems a tad racist calling it a jungle, considering the people involved.

I used to get dug out for going to the 'paki' shop.

I now call it the descendants of the Indian sub-continent shop.

I'm surprised you don't simply call it an 'offie' considering where you come from. Very Happy

25Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

Indeed.

26Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Indeed.

I suspect that they will all be along on a plane after hubby has the right to remain here.

27Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hubby ?  Aren't all the ones were getting under 18 ?  Shocked

28Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Seems like a mouthful, why not just call it a 'shop'?

What if on the way to the "shop", I was kidnapped by the Lithuanian mafia? The conversation with the police would go like this......

Where was Copper going to when he left his house?

To the shop.

Which shop?

I don't know, he just said shop.

That's just one of the reasons why we differentiate the shops, which incidentally are all over a half a mile away.

Descendants from the Indian sub-continent shop, the offie (thanks Karly), the Polish shop (that's people from Eastern Europe and not a shop that sells stuff to make your shoes shiny) and the Smelly shop (very un PC but it's owned by white English people so it's deemed to be acceptable to call them smelly, because they are).

29Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:47

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:

What if on the way to the "shop", I was kidnapped by the Lithuanian mafia? The conversation with the police would go like this......

To the shop.

Which shop?

That's just one of the reasons why we differentiate the shops, which incidentally are all over a half a mile away.

Descendants from the Indian sub-continent shop, the offie (thanks Karly), the Polish shop (that's people from Eastern Europe and not a shop that sells stuff to make your shoes shiny) and the Smelly shop (very un PC but it's owned by white English people so it's deemed to be acceptable to call them smelly, because they are).
Nailed it there, your prize is a session behind the Asian run franchised discount alcohol shop with the red facia

30Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 12:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

31Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 13:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

To the shop.

Which shop?

Nailed it there, your prize is a session behind the Asian run franchised discount alcohol shop with the red facia
Do both words begin with a letter B? Very Happy

32Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 14:12

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:

To the shop.

Which shop?

Do both words begin with a letter B? Very Happy
You also win a prize, Nat will join you both

33Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 14:14

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It says that underage girls can marry older men, does that include older men like the "children" at Calais

34Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 14:49

whatsgoingon wrote:Where are all the women and children?

You know that Telegraph article you posted? 

Click on it.

35Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:10

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Clearly I have I posted it, it says about children coming over here many of who people are doubting their claims to be children, and photographs making that doubt valid.
My question about the whereabouts of the women and children was aimed at the rest of the population who were being moved out of the site on the article someone else posted which showed all young men being transferred to various destinations around France.
Keep up if you're going to be pedantic and contrary.

36Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 15:17

The majority are bound to be young men, it's a perilous journey spanning 2 continents, your average 6 year old isn't going to make it alone.

You asked where the pictures of women and children are, I showed you one straight away. Google Calais Jungle and you can see some more.

If the government have fucked up and allowed adults in, then that's their issue, but the fact is there are children there no matter what you want to believe. 

The angry reaction from the British media and subsequently some members of the public to the prospect of helping people is something this country should be ashamed of - and something we will be in generations to come. Every time there is an economic crisis over the past 100 years there has been a rise of the right wing, this is no different.

37Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:If the government have fucked up and allowed adults in, then that's their issue, but the fact is there are children there no matter what you want to believe. 
No unfortunately it isn't just their issue it's the whole countries issue, in fact it's less of their issue than the rest of countries because very few of them will be relocated in the type of areas MP's reside.
I am certain there are genuine children there and absolutely deserving of the help they will get but many of the young men that are heading over are doing so for better conditions not because they are genuine refugees.

38Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:16

How do you know that?

39Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aren't refugees supposed to claim asylum in the first country they enter?

40Clearing the Jungle - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Jungle Tue Oct 25 2016, 16:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:Aren't refugees supposed to claim asylum in the first country they enter?

Yes but apparently Italy and France aren't nice enough for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum