Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election - 8th June.

+22
rammywhite
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Hipster_Nebula
RustyNail
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Norpig
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Sluffy
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 26]

481General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 17:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The BBC headline is May promising to provide "certainty".

Hilarious! This from the woman who repeatedly assured us she wouldn't call a snap election and denied she had done a u-turn on the dementia tax. The only certainty is that she has zero credibility and won't be the Tory leader when the next election is held.

482General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 19:28

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I love this.

General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 CmZp-TpXYAAW651

483General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 19:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I tip my hat to JC, i am a Labour member yet thought that is leadership would be a disaster. i agree i was wrong because i agreed with his policy choices and i now do agree Labour are back with a creditable alternative.

May can't survive this position the Tories will take her out, and another election looms probably within a few months. 

The difference now is the entire Labour family will come in behind Corbyn, he now looks like a leader (Then again so would Donald Duck against May) They have the policies to get into power, i think that the key is Scotland.

What a disgrace that Scotland yes bloody Scotland are propping up a Tory government through some misguided hope of a second referendum, if that is off the table then the Tories cannot repeat the level of seats attained north of the border. Bring it on

484General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you mean Northern Ireland Wessy who are propping up the Tories!

485General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:08

I think he means because the snp votes, the majority would normally be labour.

486General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah ok. Fair enough Very Happy

487General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you need to get a grip. Labour lost. A distant second. Even with a useless Tory PM they still lost.

If the Tories had someone even half credible in charge they'd have won a huge majority.

Celebrating this Labour performance is a bit like cheering on the bloke knobing your missus.

488General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 20:29

Haha.  Its called the bigger picture Nat.

78% of under 25s turned out to vote.  Imagine all age groups had the same turnout.

Corbyn was a lame duck before the snap election announcement.  Now it is May due to the credible performance Jeremy put in.

If former labour party members had backed him from the start like they are doing now things would of been massively different.

If tory led news agencies where banned from printing ridiculous fake news and propaganda, the gullible masses may have had to make an informed decision instead of basing it on the fact "Jezza loves terrorists!"

It will be a different story in 6 to 12 months.  You watch.  This i just the beginning.  I have no hard feelings.  I think he did everything he could with what he was given.  And the amount of people that ive talked too who have changed their opinion of him from the start of the election, for the better, is unbelievable.

489General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:55

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:I think he means because the snp votes, the majority would normally be labour.
Correct Johnny no conservative seats in Scotland at one point, then the hope of a second referendum meant tactical voting by the Scots, They actually wanted May to win well so that Scotland would be able to push for a second referendum.

The result = the Tories are  13 seats better off that would have finished off May
DUP in Ireand are extreme conservatives. very right wing they will screw May a totally different issue.

t

490General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:30

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As much as labour may think they are on the up Corbyn is still there biggest liability, if they assume it was corbyn as an individual that changed things around for them then they could fail to grasp what all parties need to learn.

IMO what voters liked was some new policies, new ideas and I think that resonated with the young who are much less cautious, and Corbyn has to take credit for that.

What labour failed to do was get enough older voters to overcome there distrust of Corbyn and take a punt on a new path, and I genuinely think that Corbyn will struggle to overcome that hurdle.

491General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

492General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:As much as labour may think they are on the up Corbyn is still there biggest liability, if they assume it was corbyn as an individual that changed things around for them then they could fail to grasp what all parties need to learn.

IMO what voters liked was some new policies, new ideas and I think that resonated with the young who are much less cautious, and Corbyn has to take credit for that.

What labour failed to do was get enough older voters to overcome there distrust of Corbyn and take a punt on a new path, and I genuinely think that Corbyn will struggle to overcome that hurdle.
Maybe but the election was fought on values not personalities. And aging daily mail readers are dying out.

493General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exit polls were more or less right for a change

494General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:47

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Maybe but the election was fought on values not personalities. And aging daily mail readers are dying out.
If you think that personalities didn't count as well as policies than you are fooling yourself, I voted on policies despite of the personalities although the personalities almost put me off voting altogether.

The demographic that labour needs to appeal to and always will need to win outright is middleclass England, not aging daily mail readers and Corbyn wasn't able to do that last night.

495General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Exit polls were more or less right for a change

Eh?

You making something up yet again?

Exit polls are renowned for being the best polls there are because they are taken AFTER people have ACTUALLY voted.

"The results of the past four elections have all been correctly predicted by the exit polls that have been released before the counting starts in each of the polls".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/08/general-election-exit-poll-accurate-could/

496General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri Jun 09 2017, 23:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't the exit polls suggest brexit wouldn't happen?

497General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 00:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Didn't the exit polls suggest brexit wouldn't happen?

There were no exit polls for Brexit.

Not the recognised ones used by the BBC anyway -

The exit polls at general elections, which are run for the BBC, ITV and Sky by Professor John Curtice of Strathclyde University, have built up a reputation for getting the result right over many election cycles
The polls work by asking people how they voted at sampling points across the country, and comparing that with surveys at the same places in the previous election. The changes can then be projected to build up a national picture. Last year [2015], the exit poll announced when the polls closed at 10pm put the Conservatives on 316 seats and Labour on 239: the Tories ended up winning 15 more and Labour seven fewer. 

However, there will be no exit poll published at 10pm when voting in the EU referendum closes because the broadcasters have no way of knowing how accurate it would be.

Prof Curtice and his team couldn’t do what they usually do, because the last referendum to compare today’s with was 41 years ago – and there wasn’t an exit poll then. There is, therefore, no baseline against which to measure how people have voted this time. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-exit-poll-who-has-won-remain-leave-brexit-live-updates-a7094886.html

498General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 07:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Black is black

499General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 07:26

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Do you want your baby back?

500General Election - 8th June. - Page 25 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 09:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chuka Umunna says he would consider accepting a role in a Corbyn led shadow cabinet. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum