Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election - 8th June.

+22
rammywhite
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Hipster_Nebula
RustyNail
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Norpig
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Sluffy
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 26]

501General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All in all, it was a completely disjointed election, and this result was almost inevitable.
On the one hand we had a Tory PM who declared it was all about Brexit, and then stood back, took advice from two obviously inept advisors, whilst trying new, untried policies, that attacked her very own power base. Leaving all her media-savvy big guns at home was another very stupid option  A really poor performance, which resulted in a caning that she will never pull back from. Her poor performance can be put down to her 'shyness' to a very limited extent, but what really finished her off was her inability to make the right decisions, at all levels.
I have to give Corbyn his due. He based his arguments on what he thought was required for the UK, (knowing he wouldn't be involved in Brexit). He performed really well, However, I feel that his performance was enhanced as a result of May's piss poor performance. I genuinely believe he is a man of integrity, but he certainly isn't one I would have confidence in when it comes to discussing national issues, especially with foreign powers. Promising to pay everyone what they wanted is always a vote winner, but now things have calmed down, we can look back and wonder, did he really have the money? I don't think so myself, which would have led us into even more problems, but not in the immediate future. (It always feels good buying something, its when the bill/credit card comes in that you realise the real cost)
The Tories have been demanding sacrifices for too long, preferring to protect what they considered the financial heart of the economy, i.e. the high earning people and corporations, and not the real backbone of the country, us. However, they seemed to think that the National Debt had a higher priority than the well-being of the people. Having said that, I believe, and still do, that they are more capable of taking this country forward, than a splintered Labour Party.
Ever the optimist, I believe this outcome could be made to work for the country, including the political awareness of the younger generation coming into play. (I'm fed up being blamed for everything that happens, both in the past, and now, purely because of my age). 
One benefit could be that we won't have a take it or leave it Brexit approach, but the danger lies in that our negotiations are watered down by differing views of those who I feel will now be included. I just hope we don't give too much away to the EU in our attempts to get clear of all this turmoil.
There is no one reason for all this mess we are ALL in, but keeping the parties apart at a time when we need to move forward as a nation, seems to me, a ludicrous option. There are good politicians/negotiators across the board, and we need to use their experience, and connections, (even Farage). Unfortunately, the two main players in our future are both far right and far left, although the message being sent to them by the people is that we not only want, but need, a more middling, united, approach.
I think we will see new attitudes once the dust has settled, preferably beneficial, when the squabbling subsides, (and I dearly want to see Emily Thornberry and Diane Abbot disappear into the background.) Very Happy

502General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:good:
gloswhite wrote:All in all, it was a completely disjointed election, and this result was almost inevitable.
On the one hand we had a Tory PM who declared it was all about Brexit, and then stood back, took advice from two obviously inept advisors, whilst trying new, untried policies, that attacked her very own power base. Leaving all her media-savvy big guns at home was another very stupid option  A really poor performance, which resulted in a caning that she will never pull back from. Her poor performance can be put down to her 'shyness' to a very limited extent, but what really finished her off was her inability to make the right decisions, at all levels.
I have to give Corbyn his due. He based his arguments on what he thought was required for the UK, (knowing he wouldn't be involved in Brexit). He performed really well, However, I feel that his performance was enhanced as a result of May's piss poor performance. I genuinely believe he is a man of integrity, but he certainly isn't one I would have confidence in when it comes to discussing national issues, especially with foreign powers. Promising to pay everyone what they wanted is always a vote winner, but now things have calmed down, we can look back and wonder, did he really have the money? I don't think so myself, which would have led us into even more problems, but not in the immediate future. (It always feels good buying something, its when the bill/credit card comes in that you realise the real cost)
The Tories have been demanding sacrifices for too long, preferring to protect what they considered the financial heart of the economy, i.e. the high earning people and corporations, and not the real backbone of the country, us. However, they seemed to think that the National Debt had a higher priority than the well-being of the people. Having said that, I believe, and still do, that they are more capable of taking this country forward, than a splintered Labour Party.
Ever the optimist, I believe this outcome could be made to work for the country, including the political awareness of the younger generation coming into play. (I'm fed up being blamed for everything that happens, both in the past, and now, purely because of my age). 
One benefit could be that we won't have a take it or leave it Brexit approach, but the danger lies in that our negotiations are watered down by differing views of those who I feel will now be included. I just hope we don't give too much away to the EU in our attempts to get clear of all this turmoil.
There is no one reason for all this mess we are ALL in, but keeping the parties apart at a time when we need to move forward as a nation, seems to me, a ludicrous option. There are good politicians/negotiators across the board, and we need to use their experience, and connections, (even Farage). Unfortunately, the two main players in our future are both far right and far left, although the message being sent to them by the people is that we not only want, but need, a more middling, united, approach.
I think we will see new attitudes once the dust has settled, preferably beneficial, when the squabbling subsides, (and I dearly want to see Emily Thornberry and Diane Abbot disappear into the background.) Very Happy
:good:

503General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'm still laughing at the plank thinking he won 262 to 318 and wanting to form a govt :rofl:

504General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I'm still laughing at the plank thinking he won 262 to 318 and wanting to form a govt :rofl:
It's simple.

505General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I'm still laughing at the plank thinking he won 262 to 318 and wanting to form a govt :rofl:
The Labour Party have never been good at maths.

Ask Diane Abbott.

506General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 17:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:
The Labour Party have never been good at maths.

Ask Diane Abbott.

Yes they should have adopted the Tory method of offering no figures or details at all and then claim the opposition policies are not properly costed.

507General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

maths huh?

So 120 seat majority to give mayday a mandate to f*** us up even more than Cameron foolishly did MINUS reality EQUALS complete and utter Tory meltdown

Or...

A much improved and vibrant economy with a strong pound PLUS two years of Tory government EQUALS the most disastrous tenure for Britain since thatcher sold off our natural resources to the Americans and destroyed our industrial base.

Stacks up for me.

508General Election - 8th June. - Page 26 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Sat Jun 10 2017, 20:09

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So much anger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum