Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 03 2018, 15:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Trust in PARKY.

262Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 03 2018, 19:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Toumani Diagouraga

Big powerful midfielder - tick.
First team regular - tick
Free signing - tick

Plymouth Argyle are willing to offer an 18-month contract to midfielder Toumani Diagouraga to keep him at Home Park.
Previously, manager Derek Adams had indicated that only a deal until the end of the season was on the table for the 30-year-old.

The short-term contract which Diagouraga signed as a free agent in October ends soon.
And, after the considerable impact he has made at Argyle since then, Adams admitted no-one wanted to see Diagouraga stay at the club more than him.
The Pilgrims’ boss revealed the option of an 18-month contract for the former Leeds United midfielder as he was asked by Herald Sport for an update on the situation.
Adams said: “That is something that can happen. We have spoken about that with the player.

“We are not ruling it out but it has got to be beneficial to both parties. It might work for the player, or it might not.
“It’s not a closed shop. There is six months or there is 18 months.”
Adams continued: “We are still working on it. We don’t have anything finalised at this moment in time.
“I have obviously said I would like to keep Toums at the football club. He has enjoyed playing here.
“I have given him a lot of game-time and he has appreciated that.

“Everybody around the club has appreciated his influence on the games that he has played in.”
Diagouraga had his contract at Leeds cancelled by mutual consent at the end of August and was without a club until Adams made his move for him.
The arrival of the powerful Paris-born midfielder has coincided with a major improvement in results for Argyle, who had been struggling desperately up until then.

The Pilgrims have won six and drawn four of the 12 League One games that Diagouraga has played in for them and, as a result, moved off the bottom of the table and up to 19th position.

His form has not gone un-noticed, though, with speculation that Bolton Wanderers, Portsmouth and Shrewsbury Town are all keen on taking him away from Home Park.
Adams said: “Of course there is going to be interest from other clubs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

263Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 11:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rumours are floating around that we might be trying to re-sign Zach Clough on loan from Forest. What do you reckon?
I'm ambivalent about this. He had his good spells but like Mark Davies often disappeared. He was fairly lightweight, although canny on the ball and scored a few from midfield. But do returning players ( Frandsen excepted) ever really offer as much as they used to.

I think there may be better options available to us.

264Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 11:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Rumours are floating around that we might be trying to re-sign Zach Clough on loan from Forest. What do you reckon?
I'm ambivalent about this. He had his good spells but like Mark Davies often disappeared. He was fairly lightweight, although canny on the ball and scored a few from midfield. But do returning players ( Frandsen excepted) ever really offer as much as they used to.

Totally agree. To bring him back would no more than a PR move and he's not at all what we need.

265Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's lightweight and often anonymous, with no real pace.

This would be a mistake.

266Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 11:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Depends on what the thinking is behind the move.

If we are going to play more 3-5-2 then I think he probably is a better option up front alongside Madine than Armstrong or Alf.

Also how bad an injury has Pratley got (season ending one maybe?) if we play 4-4-2 - if so Vela needs to player deeper and Clough could play as the 'withdrawn striker' role.

Depends on our finances also if we are not going to send Armstrong back and keep hold of Alf then unless Forest pay most of Clough's wages we are going to be paying for two out of the three of them not to play.

I'm not a huge fan of Clough, I thought from the clips I saw of him that he was over hyped by many and am not surprised he's not a regular at Forest - he is simply to small and lightweight physically imo - but he certainly has skill and ability and could do a decent job given a role of the second striker playing deeper running in for knockdowns from Madine.

267Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 15:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Armstrong has gone, probably going to Rovers or Bradford in League 1. 
Didn't have much impact with us but he has the raw pace and talent to improve much more. Disappointing after his England performances.

268Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 19:42

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Rumours are floating around that we might be trying to re-sign Zach Clough on loan from Forest. What do you reckon?

Totally agree. To bring him back would no more than a PR move and he's not at all what we need.

We are back in an embargo. Won't sign anyone til Vela and Madine leave

269Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 19:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We aren’t in an embargo at all. Liar

270Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 20:41

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:We aren’t in an embargo at all. Liar
He makes shit up, he has nothing better to do.

271Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 20:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:He makes shit up, he has nothing better to do.

You fucking bell.......oh, you mean Kane.

272Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 21:11

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:He makes shit up, he has nothing better to do.

You fucking bell.......oh, you mean Kane.
Obviously.

273Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 21:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bellend. Clearly went over your head.

274Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jan 04 2018, 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:

He's been right on stuff before - he called Holdsworth as the next owner long before anyone else for instance.

It's not that far fetched to believe we are under some form of constraint in signing players right now - particularly if we owe money to other clubs which as been inferred in the past.

I get the impression somehow that the Sky money for being in the Championship is paid this month (I might be totally wrong about this?) and when it is Anderson will pay the taxman and settle up all outstanding football debts - and thus become unconstrained again.

Either way it isn't going to bother us much until we are able to move a few players out first.

Armstrong is a beginning, hopefully some others such as Howard may be following him soon.

275Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 12:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

He's been right on stuff before - he called Holdsworth as the next owner long before anyone else for instance.

It's not that far fetched to believe we are under some form of constraint in signing players right now - particularly if we owe money to other clubs which as been inferred in the past.

I get the impression somehow that the Sky money for being in the Championship is paid this month (I might be totally wrong about this?) and when it is Anderson will pay the taxman and settle up all outstanding football debts - and thus become unconstrained again.

Either way it isn't going to bother us much until we are able to move a few players out first.

Armstrong is a beginning, hopefully some others such as Howard may be following him soon.

Whatever the truth about the embargo situation, Anderson has said that we can't afford a squad of more than 25 players. He's unlikely to move out the youngsters like Earring and King who were recently given contracts so we are dependent on other clubs' willingness to pick up our fringe players.

276Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 18:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nile Ranger. Very Happy :bomb:

277Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 19:06

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Nile Ranger. Very Happy :bomb:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

278Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 19:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Done deal

279Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 19:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

Done deal

PLEASE, please tell me you are joking

280Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 05 2018, 19:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he's 6ft 4 he's a shoe in for Parkinson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum