Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING Ken Anderson acquires Sports Shield's stake in the club.

+7
Bollotom2014
Kane57
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think you're giving him too much credit

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I've been assuming that most people understands the joke of Ten Bob's user name but maybe the youngsters on here simply haven't a clue about it.

Back in the days before decimalisation of our money (1971) we used to have a system known as Pounds, Shillings and Pence.

There were 12 penny's to make a shilling and 20 shillings to make a pound.

For some reason I don't know about a shilling was nicknamed a 'bob'.

Half a pound then was 10 shillings or in slang 10 bob.

So...

Ten Bobsworth is exactly the same as 50p's worth is in todays language - which is the amount both Holdsworth and Anderson bought their shares in the club for!

Quite clever really - but I guess you probably have to be over the age of 50 to get the joke.

You need to get out more.

Get Mrs Sluffy to walk you round the park for an hour tomorrow.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I've been assuming that most people understands the joke of Ten Bob's user name but maybe the youngsters on here simply haven't a clue about it.

Back in the days before decimalisation of our money (1971) we used to have a system known as Pounds, Shillings and Pence.

So...

Ten Bobsworth is exactly the same as 50p's worth is in todays language - which is the amount both Holdsworth and Anderson bought their shares in the club for!

Quite clever really - but I guess you probably have to be over the age of 50 to get the joke.

You hear that Kane?  Take sluffy for a walk round the park tomorrow for an hour

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm not a dog you know!

Very Happy

But if I were, what sort do you think I'd be?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, I don't want to be critical, but you do seem to be overdoing it when ingratiating yourself with Kane, or Mr Manning, as you prefer to call him. Is he some one that's famous, because if he is, I,m afraid I've missed it. 
Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, I don't want to be critical, but you do seem to be overdoing it when ingratiating yourself with Kane, or Mr Manning, as you prefer to call him. Is he some one that's famous, because if he is, I,m afraid I've missed it. 
Very Happy

Not In the slightest

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So...

We have a cocker spaniel and he's an absolute dickhead

Kane57 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

So...

We have a cocker spaniel and he's an absolute dickhead
You can tell a lot about people and they way they are with dogs.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm sure there's an opening for a disparaging comment there

gloswhite wrote:I'm sure there's an opening for a disparaging comment there
Well anyone who calls a dog a dick head.......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, I don't want to be critical, but you do seem to be overdoing it when ingratiating yourself with Kane, or Mr Manning, as you prefer to call him. Is he some one that's famous, because if he is, I,m afraid I've missed it. 
Very Happy

No he's not famous as such but he is widely known amongst our little family of Bolton forum communities.

Chris Manning is the editor at the Lion of Vienna site and a well known BWFC linked social media 'character' who quite frankly many people (on the internet) get unnecessarily wound up by.

He posted for a number of years under the user name 'Batman' and received a number of bans in his time for his behaviour.

There's no doubt that he is a passionate Bolton fan and probably has the best connections within the club than most people who post on the various forums.

I just find him funny (in the nice way).

I know there are some people who just can't abide him but he's done nothing much than say things on the internet that people didn't agree with.

All I've done in all honesty is to try and smooth things between Ten Bobsworth and him and today Leeds and him.

If that's come across as overly ingratiating myself then I'm sorry that wasn't my intention - I was simply trying to get people to get along with each other and enjoy the craic rather than get upset and leave the site.

I do hope Ten Bob has a change of heart and returns soon too.

That's all.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll still keep watching, Sluffy, but sorry no change of heart. Anyway I'm delighted that Ken has seen Codswallop off and done a deal with BM and the liquidator. Also delighted that Suffolkwhite, Whitesmurf, Modern Day Tom Sawyer and Kane57's day has been spoiled.
Anyway I  was looking through some old papers today and found something you had posted on Burnden Aces years ago when the Sunday Times down-graded Uncle Eddie's estimated net worth by £33million. Did it occur to you that it had summat to do with the money he had spent on BWFC? Some reckoned, on the basis of the ST estimates, he could only keep funding the club for another couple of years. In fact he kept it going for another 7or 8.
But please do what you can to get me ge out of here. As Oscar Wilde put it, I can resist everything but temptation, and I'd rather not be tempted.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've had a great day cheers Gaz, sorry to burst your bubble

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I'll still keep watching, Sluffy, but sorry no change of heart. Anyway I'm delighted that Ken has seen Codswallop off and done a deal with BM and the liquidator. Also delighted that Suffolkwhite, Whitesmurf, Modern Day Tom Sawyer and Kane57's day has been spoiled.
Anyway I  was looking through some old papers today and found something you had posted on Burnden Aces years ago when the Sunday Times down-graded Uncle Eddie's estimated net worth by £33million. Did it occur to you that it had summat to do with the money he had spent on BWFC? Some reckoned, on the basis of the ST estimates, he could only keep funding the club for another couple of years. In fact he kept it going for another 7or 8.
But please do what you can to get me ge out of here. As Oscar Wilde put it, I can resist everything but temptation, and I'd rather not be tempted.

Obviously I've slept once or twice since my Burnden Aces days but I hope I would have thought it obvious that if Davies asset BWFC had been running at a loss (and everything else in his investment portfolio remained the same) then of course his wealth would have decreased accordingly.

To be honest I'd rather you did get tempted and return more to the site and inform and entertain us all.

In fact I had hoped you would have taken the opportunity to pop back and tease Kane57 a little bit with today's news of Anderson acquiring the shares!

Perhaps tomorrow you just might.

Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm under 50 and I knew what 10 bob was, thanks to my grandparents - did anyone not know?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that it's a good point that there is no evidence of any new money coming into the club - which there would have to have been if Quantuma had found a buyer other than Ken - so it would seem that we are in pretty much the same boat as we were last week financially but with a restructured debt. 
If the EFL interpret that restructuring in such a way that they are willing to lift or partially lift the embargo then it's a good thing for this season's prospects. 
That said, I'd be surprised if they lifted the wage cap and transfer fee elements if the finances haven't improved i.e. we could have as many players as we want as long as we don't spend any more money on them scenario. That could be avoided if KA submits an acceptable business plan that borrows against future earnings or more of the club's assets (if there are any left that aren't mortgaged up to the hilt)

There's been a lot of debate about KAs motives but I don't see the point of folk "taking sides" when the fact of the matter is that we really don't know and probably won't for some time to come.
It could be that KA is acting with the club's interest at heart, but equally it is no coincidence that since arriving he has taken control of assets far more valuable than his personal investment which will allow him to leverage more debt to play with. 
Whether or not he has "engineered" this situation is neither here nor there but I'll be sitting firmly on the fence as regards KA for the time being. 
We'll only know what the man is really about when he exits the club when we'll finally see whether he has built something from the assets he inherited or merely stripped the carcass for personal gain.
We all really hope it's the former but he has yet to prove it.

If anyone can get hold of details of how KA has financed the purchase of these shares it would shed a lot of light on the situation and potentially his motives but I'd be gobsmacked if it was with his own money.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I haven't seen the evidence myself but am told Ken hasn't taken on any additional personal risk but that instead it's all been put on the club. He could walk away relatively unscathed. Time will tell I suppose.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again excuse my lack of financial nous, but as he owns 95% of the club how can he put it on the club? Surely it must be his money?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Again excuse my lack of financial nous, but as he owns 95% of the club how can he put it on the club? Surely it must be his money?
I'm guessing it's against the clubs assets in essence he has no risks.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:I haven't seen the evidence myself but am told Ken hasn't taken on any additional personal risk but that instead it's all been put on the club. He could walk away relatively unscathed. Time will tell I suppose.

I'm no financial expert but I do know businesses can buy back their own shares.

This doesn't mean they go to the existing shareholders but means they own the same number of shares as before but the shareholding total is less.

So for example if there were 200 shares in a business and you held 50 of them, you owned quarter of the business (50 shares out of 200) - but if the business bought back the other shares you still only have 50 shares but now own 100% of the business - ie you own 50 shares out of 50 (200-150 = 50).

Basically the other investors taking out their equity in the business.

Thus you've gone from owning 25% to 100% ownership without having to buy any shares at all.

I'm guessing in very simple terms that its been agreed that the BM loan secured on the clubs assets via SSBWFC has been replaced instead with the loan being secured on the clubs assets directly and in return Holdsworth shareholding as basically been 'wiped' off.

Please don't anyone take this as gospel though - just my best guess at things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum