Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley 2-0 Bolton

+30
Quoncy
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
Spillthebeans
yesbutno
Bolton Nuts
inf
gloswhite
Lofty_Love
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Sluffy
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Hip Priest
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
mark leach
chipbutty
largehat
Keegan
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 20:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think a lot of teams will go to Turf Moor this season and win comfortably. We gave them a criminal amount of time and space on the ball and they capitalised. For the first 15 minutes, it was difficult to imagine us not winning. It was all Bolton and they weren't getting a kick. Once they got into it, there was no stopping them - not necessarily because they were just that dangerous on the attack but because we were just that sloppy and disorganised. Call me a bad sport, but we made a mediocre Championship side look excellent.

It would be nice to think today was just a bad day and all we lacked is the right mentality. Unfortunately, I think it's more that we don't have that edge in quality over the other 23 teams that a lot of people assumed we would.

182Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:I think a lot of teams will go to Turf Moor this season and win comfortably. We gave them a criminal amount of time and space on the ball and they capitalised. For the first 15 minutes, it was difficult to imagine us not winning. It was all Bolton and they weren't getting a kick. Once they got into it, there was no stopping them - not necessarily because they were just that dangerous on the attack but because we were just that sloppy and disorganised. Call me a bad sport, but we made a mediocre Championship side look excellent.

It would be nice to think today was just a bad day and all we lacked is the right mentality. Unfortunately, I think it's more that we don't have that edge in quality over the other 23 teams that a lot of people assumed we would.

Thankfully I was one of the few realistic ones and never assumed we had the edge - there are far too many quality teams in The Championship and our team of last season, never mind the poresent squad, are just not good enough - either that or Coyle is a fuckwit and never learns - personlly speaking I would go with the latter.

183Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:51

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh I still think we have an edge in quality over most of the rest of the division - this is why the bookmakers (not pundits - bookmakers, who make their money out of these things) had us as favourites. The issue today was that the players weren't prepared for the game in the right way. Whether you put that down to poor tactics or poor motivational skills on behalf of the manager and coaches is up for debate - but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that man for man we have better players than Burnley, and it's not even close. We are also going to be considered a scalp by a lot of teams in this division, that's not because we won the fA Cup in 1958, it's because we have a lot of good player on the books with experience at a higher level.

184Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Anyway, we're back below Derby........again!....

Possibly time to bring back Gary Megson, so that he can boast that he rescued Bolton twice from being below Derby?

Shocked

185Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Oh I still think we have an edge in quality over most of the rest of the division - this is why the bookmakers (not pundits - bookmakers, who make their money out of these things) had us as favourites. The issue today was that the players weren't prepared for the game in the right way. Whether you put that down to poor tactics or poor motivational skills on behalf of the manager and coaches is up for debate - but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that man for man we have better players than Burnley, and it's not even close. We are also going to be considered a scalp by a lot of teams in this division, that's not because we won the fA Cup in 1958, it's because we have a lot of good player on the books with experience at a higher level.

Bullshit.

186Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:58

bwfc71 wrote:

Thankfully I was one of the few realistic ones and never assumed we had the edge - there are far too many quality teams in The Championship and our team of last season, never mind the poresent squad, are just not good enough - either that or Coyle is a fuckwit and never learns - personlly speaking I would go with the latter.

We did and still do have an edge over most of the division in terms of quality, just look at our wage bill compared to Burnley's, either all of our players are overrated and overpaid (possible) or it's Coyle not getting the best out of them.

So your brag about being one of, 'the few realistic ones' is pretty nonsensical. I'd still take most of our team over Burnley's. The difference is the manager, the way he sets them up and the way he gets the players motivated.

To be honest can you really imagine any of the players taking Coyle seriously? I'm sure the enthusiastic, eternally optimistic approach is wearing thin after a year and a half of shit results. I'd love Coyle to succeed, he's a perfect fit for us on paper. But at the moment it just feels hopeless the man is refusing to learn or change.

187Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:Oh I still think we have an edge in quality over most of the rest of the division - this is why the bookmakers (not pundits - bookmakers, who make their money out of these things) had us as favourites. The issue today was that the players weren't prepared for the game in the right way. Whether you put that down to poor tactics or poor motivational skills on behalf of the manager and coaches is up for debate - but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that man for man we have better players than Burnley, and it's not even close. We are also going to be considered a scalp by a lot of teams in this division, that's not because we won the fA Cup in 1958, it's because we have a lot of good player on the books with experience at a higher level.

Bullshit.

lol! good evening, how are things in Whittam Towers?

188Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:59

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If im honest nat....im pissed off, but I enjoy.larghats post match posts...bit of persective. Yes i.dont agree somtimes, but he does make a good point...

Yes im pissed...

189Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 21:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh look, Natasha, bwfc1874 has made some very similar points to me in his post.

190Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:If im honest nat....im pissed off, but I enjoy.larghats post match posts...bit of persective. Yes i.dont agree somtimes, but he does make a good point...

Yes im pissed...

Thank you Rebel, lets hope we can put it right on Tuesday, I'm just glad we don't have a week or even longer to wait until the next game.

191Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:02

largehat wrote:Oh look, Natasha, bwfc1874 has made some very similar points to me in his post.

Ye apologies for making some similar points, you beat me to it unfortunately.

192Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ah you know what, fuck this i'm getting a season ticket for brazils women beach volley ball team instead. Very Happy

193Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
largehat wrote:Oh look, Natasha, bwfc1874 has made some very similar points to me in his post.

Ye apologies for making some similar points, you beat me to it unfortunately.

No don't apologise, I'm glad you did. Normally everyone disagrees with everything I write on here. I hope we can be best friends.

194Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Actually the bottom six of the Prem are generally no better than the Teams in the Champs or maybe by a tad only.
Playing Burnely away is just about the same as Wolves away etc.... logically we will lose or draw most of those games. Yes when we get down to Barnsley etc I would expect an away win. Our home games should follow suit. We should win more than last season and draw more.
Too early to make a prediction yet ....depends on how the other potentials are doing. Right now I would say 6th or 7th at best.

195Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only good thing to come out of today's debacle was that it was nice to see Richard Keys and Andy Gray presenting football again (along with pundits Jason McAteer and Mick McCarthy) albeit via Al Jazeera Sport!!! Was hoping it was Ron Atkinson with the game commentary, but alas it wasn't!

BTW official Championship stats showed we had 10 shots on goal and only 5 on target whereas Burnley had 15 shots with 12 on target (and 2 goals)

196Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:The only good thing to come out of today's debacle was that it was nice to see Richard Keys and Andy Gray presenting football again

Come off it. Those two jokers were AWFUL. Especially Gray. I don't miss them one bit! Gary Neville shows Andy Gray up for what he was, an imbecile with the most annoying voice on TV.

197Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"edge in quality"

Maybe, but I'm still wondering why these "quality" players can't do the basics.

PASS and MOVE.

There are only a few reasons.

1) they can do it, they just chose not too.
2) they can do it, but are being told not to
3) They can't do it.
4) They can do it but every team we've played since Coyle became manager has "stopped them playing"

So which one is it

198Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:The only good thing to come out of today's debacle was that it was nice to see Richard Keys and Andy Gray presenting football again

Come off it. Those two jokers were AWFUL.

Exactly, hence it made it just more bearable to watch. Cool

199Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

4) is just silly, Hipster, we have played very well at times under Coyle

Today it was 1) or 2) in most cases, and 3) for Pratley

200Burnley 2-0 Bolton - Page 10 Empty Re: Burnley 2-0 Bolton Sat Aug 18 2012, 22:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree we've played well. But i disagree that we've ever seen a culture shift toward passing and moving.

granted we've seen some good moves in isolation, but this has been extremely rare.

I actually don't believe they can do it personally, when you see us string 3 or 4 passes together the 5th and 6th pass is usually panicked and by the time you get to the 7th pass it's either a hump or it's given away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum